General & Others The OP fandom irony!

Him not knowing is headcanon tho
just about everyone didnt know until sengoku revealed wb didnt plan on becoming pk
he wanted to put ace in a position to .
shiki also thought roger would want to take over the world with him. both roger and wb shrugged him off. its clear shiki did not understand what roger wanted out of piracy and what wb wanted as well.

just about everyone didnt know until sengoku revealed wb didnt plan on becoming pk
shiki also thought roger would want to take over the world with him. both roger and wb shrugged him off. its clear shiki did not understand what roger wanted out of piracy and what wb wanted as well.
What? Both are different chars tho and what Sengoku revealed was the plan to make Ace the PK.
WB, as Akainu said, was too much of a big fish and he ruled the seas for decades. I mean, maybe Shiki did or didn't know but both is assumption only.

Shiki wanted Roger to join him, but he knew he wouldn't, hence surrounding him with a fleet to force him to join. He didn't assume anything.

Shiki never assumed WB wanted to conquer the world.

I still don't get to this day why people deny the simple fact Whitebeard competed against Shiki and Roger. Instead y'all turn him into a gandhi that just spent his time on his ship.

akainu's comments were specifically to trigger ace. I wouldnt put much weight into it
wb power wise was equal to roger
what they achieved as a pirate however was not equal but that because they wanted different things in their journey.
Post automatically merged:

Shiki wanted Roger to join him, but he knew he wouldn't, hence surrounding him with a fleet to force him to join. He didn't assume anything.

Shiki never assumed WB wanted to conquer the world.

I still don't get to this day why people deny the simple fact Whitebeard competed against Shiki and Roger. Instead y'all turn him into a gandhi that just spent his time on his ship.
he would have to compete with them to be equal to roger
which is my point
still dont know why people think roger was stronger when we are told he was the only man to stalemate roger . shiki also acknowledged he was stronger than him by calling the era his after roger died. but was he after raftel, conquering the grand line?

NO
Roger wasnt called pk because he beat all other candidates in battle, he was because he conqueres the grandline.

Last edited:
akainu's comments were specifically to trigger ace. I wouldnt put much weight into it
wb power wise was equal to roger
what they achieved as a pirate however was not equal but that because they wanted different things in their journey.

he would have to compete with them to be equal to roger
which is my point
still dont know why people think roger was stronger when we are told he was the only man to stalemate roger .
Ok so you agree he was competing against them. But it wasn't Whitebeard who Shiki considered a wall, it was Roger. And whenever somebody mentions a wall, it 99.9% has nothing to do with being equals, but somebody that you can't get past. Idk maybe you know pieces of fiction where it's used for equals.

Hes the only man a kid Buggy saw stalemate Roger (If you're going by that translation).
However, Chinjao (who represents a veteran pirate of that era) considered Roger > Whitebeard in strength, something he wouldn't do if there was no basis for it.

Ok so you agree he was competing against them. But it wasn't Whitebeard who Shiki considered a wall, it was Roger. And whenever somebody mentions a wall, it 99.9% has nothing to do with being equals, but somebody that you can't get past. Idk maybe you know pieces of fiction where it's used for equals.

Hes the only man a kid Buggy saw stalemate Roger (If you're going by that translation).
However, Chinjao (who represents a veteran pirate of that era) considered Roger > Whitebeard in strength, something he wouldn't do if there was no basis for it.
panel
buggy panel was the official translation sir.
shiki mentioned roger as a wall specifically because roger was dead at that point. he himself calls it wb era and he wants to rule the world. I think you can put 2 and 2 together.

Roger greatest foe was Xebec, not WB. I'd hold till we see Rocks flashback to actually be sure of his powerlevel.
ofc he needed the help of another guy on his power level to take xebec down.

:myman:
panels help
I recall people saying garp wasnt on roger's level either . smh
you have to be told again and again . This fandom
Guh buggy is not credible because he does not confirm my headcanon.
Guh narrator box is lying.

Last edited:
panel
buggy panel was the official translation sir.
Hm, I never said it wasn't the official translation lol.

Chinjao stating the Pirate King has to be able to defeat the Yonko and Admirals. Guess what Whitebeard was? A Yonko.

The below panel talking about the seas ahead being filled with individuals with CoC (Quality of a King), and the title of Pirate King being decided by them. It is only the one who stands above those CoC users in the seas ahead that is called the Pirate King. Meaning Roger first had to prove himself that he stood above Whitebeard/Shiki/Big Mom/ etc in order to get recognized as the Pirate King.

Now Chinjao is also somebody who considered Whitebeard superior to the other Yonko. But even regardless of that, he puts Pirate King (Roger) at the very top.

And none of this has to do with Raftel.

Hm, I never said it wasn't the official translation lol.

Chinjao stating the Pirate King has to be able to defeat the Yonko and Admirals. Guess what Whitebeard was? A Yonko.

The below panel talking about the seas ahead being filled with individuals with CoC (Quality of a King), and the title of Pirate King being decided by them. It is only the one who stands above those CoC users in the seas ahead that is called the Pirate King. Meaning Roger first had to prove himself that he stood above Whitebeard/Shiki/Big Mom/ etc in order to get recognized as the Pirate King.

Now Chinjao is also somebody who considered Whitebeard superior to the other Yonko. But even regardless of that, he puts Pirate King at the very top.
and wb was at the very top and chose not to be the pk
how do you go from that to chinjao suggesting
"roger was stronger than wb"
did roger defeat all of those people chinjao mentioned to become pk ?
did he beat wb?
shiki?
for people who need a refresher on why he became pk

I recall two people roger couldnt defeat garp a vice admiral
and wb . he was called pk because he reached the final stop of the grand line raftel not because he was stronger than wb. wb was his equal but had no interest in conquering grandline.its that simple. why do you have to be strong to be pk then?
The amazing thing here is its not just the admirals and the yonkos chinjao implies luffy has to surpass to be pk. its also roger himself.

Last edited:
and wb was at the very top and chose not to be the pk
This was after Roger's death, which has nothing to do with when Roger was alive.
how do you go from that to chinjao suggesting
"roger was stronger than wb"
did roger defeat all of those people chinjao mentioned to become pk ?
did he beat wb?
shiki?
1. Was Whitebeard a CoC user? Yes
2. Did Whitebeard compete with Roger? Yes (you agree to this)
3. Was Whitebeard a Yonko? Yes

Chinjao: One who stands above those Kings is the one who gets called the Pirate King. (Apply 1 & 2)
Chinjao to Luffy: Need to be able to beat Admirals & Yonko. (Apply 3)

As for did he beat Shiki, WB, etc? We don't know. But we do know he proved himself to be superior to them. How he did it? More than likely through fighting.

for people who need a refresher on why he became pk
This refresher is irrelevant to people who already know Raftel is needed to be the Pirate King.

This was after Roger's death, which has nothing to do with when Roger was alive.

Was Whitebeard a CoC user? Yes
Did Whitebeard compete with Roger? Yes (you agree to this)
Was Whitebeard a Yonko? Yes

Chinjao: One who stands above those things is the one who gets called the Pirate King.
Chinjao to Luffy: Need to be able to beat Admirals & Yonko
Luffy: If I can't beat the Admirals and Yonko, I can't be the Pirate King
Shiki: Considered Roger the wall that stood before him, not Whitebeard.

If that doesn't make it any clear for people that Roger was the strongest fighter of his era, and proved he stood at the top in fighting.. then I don't know what will other than waiting for more panels of that era.

As for did he beat Shiki, WB, etc? We don't know. But we do know he proved himself to be superior to them. How he did it? More than likely through fighting.

This refresher is irrelevant to people who already know Raftel is needed to be the Pirate King.
"for people who need a refresher on why he became pk"
:yasu:
you dont say
to the rest of your point wb was at the top of the group all yonko and simply everyone else in the verse . He ruled the seas but simply chose not to conquer grandline so he wasnt the pk. He has the strength to do it which is what this is about.
and as I asked
roger wasnt able to beat garp
neither was he stronger than wb

Last edited:
This again is irrelevant to when Roger was alive.

The amazing thing here is its not just the admirals and the yonkos chinjao implies luffy has to surpass to be pk. its also roger himself.
No Chinjao questions whether he can surpass Roger's legend. For the Yonko & Admirals it was about fighting.

to the rest of your point wb was at the top of the group all yonko and simply everyone else in the verse . He ruled the seas but simply chose not to conquer grandline so he wasnt the pk. He has the strength to do it which is what this is about.
Again, this has no relevance to when Roger was alive.. but after Roger's death with Shiki also not being active.
and as I asked
roger wasnt able to beat garp
neither was he stronger was wb
Nothing in the manga states Roger wasn't able to beat Garp. The other has already been countered, you're just repeating it now, so i'll stop here.

Last edited:
This again is irrelevant to when Roger was alive.

No Chinjao questions whether he can surpass Roger's legend. For the Yonko & Admirals it was about fighting.
again
wb had surpassed everyone in the verse
he chose not to conquer grandline
its not that hard . you dont become pk because you are the strongest person in the seas. why do people think aquiring poneglyphs
robin is so important
why was oden important
:tchpepe:
people would use a statement by chinjao suggesting luffy would have to surpass yonkos and admirals to be pk
over buggy stating wb was the man who fought roger to a standstill
lmao . you cant get more specific than that. People need to understand this. if luffy is the strongest in the sea he isnt pk until he conquers raftel , and what do we know about wb, he wasnt interested in that. man I feel tired.

again
wb had surpassed everyone in the verse
he chose not to conquer grandline
its not that hard . you dont become pk because you are the strongest person in the seas. why do people think aquiring poneglyphs
robin is so important
why was oden important
:tchpepe:
people would use a statement by chinjao suggesting luffy would have to surpass yonkos and admirals to be pk
over buggy stating wb was the man who fought roger to a standstill
lmao . you cant get more specific than that.
Ok, so who denying that Whitebeard could have become the Pirate King, AFTER Roger's death?

Idk why you keep mentioning it over and over, when the thread is about when Roger was alive.

And sure if you think 10 year old Buggy is more credible than a big time pirate of that era, who faced against Garp/Roger/Rayleigh/etc then sure have fun with that.

ayou dont become pk because you are the strongest person in the seas
Nobody, including myself, has said you become the PK just by being the strongest.

Ok, so who denying that Whitebeard could have become the Pirate King, AFTER Roger's death?

Idk why you keep mentioning it over and over, when the thread is about when Roger was alive.

And sure if you think 10 year old Buggy is more credible than a big time pirate of that era, who faced against Garp/Roger/Rayleigh/etc then sure have fun with that.
He could have
He chose not to
I am not denying he could have
I am saying he had no interest in it . the thread in general is implying roger was stronger because he had the pk title. I am here to dispel that.
yes chinjao is statement about is so true
gol d roger surpassed garp who he himself admitted he couldnt put down
gol d roger couldnt beat wb
he was pk tho so he surpassed every single one of them even tho the story tells you otherwise. have fun with your headcanon bloke
roger == wb
mangafacts.
chinjao stating roger > wb not found
its a conclusion you want to draw from a statement chinjao made to luffy after wb had even died.

He could have
He chose not to
I am not denying he could have
I am saying he had no interest in it . the thread in general is implying roger was stronger because he had the pk title. I am here to dispel that.
Are you saying Whitebeard could've become the Pirate King (if he wanted to), when Gol D. Roger was alive?

Are you saying Whitebeard could've become the Pirate King (if he wanted to), when Gol D. Roger was alive?
if wb wanted to be pk, then he would need to be stronger than roger.
roger didnt have to be stronger than wb because wb had no interest in roger's goal. rivalry can only come when we are chasing the same thing.
roger wouldnt be pk if wb wanted to conquer the grandline too without taking wb out. as far as we know, he couldnt. they were on par.
as for garp, they also fought multiple times and were on par
roger did not surpass those two in strength.
he would ofc be pk after roger died if he wanted to. clearly he had the strength to do it. but while roger was alive?
no
and neither would roger imo. I am not suggesting wb was stronger , I am stating he was equal .