Current Events Zoro has the best feat in the manga and it's kinda nuts

How can Zoro have the best feat in the manga with a failed slash of unknown outcome if we have Oden actually scarring Kaido with the same sword? I think you're all losing your minds a little bit over this; we didn't even see the actual technique because it failed, for God's sake. Enma is dangerous, Big Mom felt it and warned Kaido. That's it, we have no idea of the extent of the damage Zoro would have done, unless you believe that the only attack against your ally during a decisive battle that deserves to be warned of is the one that will kill you; which is absurd.

(There's also the detail that, if Zoro can easily perform slashes that one-shot the strongest creature in the world, even though he himself stated he needed to unleash more of Enma last chapter (so odds are he will master it properly in the future), then what's the actual point of this battle, the next five to ten years of story and Zoro's plot?).

How can Zoro have the best feat in the manga with a failed slash of unknown outcome if we have Oden actually scarring Kaido with the same sword? I think you're all losing your minds a little bit over this; we didn't even see the actual technique because it failed, for God's sake. Enma is dangerous, Big Mom felt it and warned Kaido. That's it, we have no idea of the extent of the damage Zoro would have done, unless you believe that the only attack against your ally during a decisive battle that deserves to be warned of is the one that will kill you; which is absurd.

(There's also the detail that, if Zoro can easily perform slashes that one-shot the strongest creature in the world, even though he himself stated he needed to unleash more of Enma last chapter (so odds are he will master it properly in the future), then what's the actual point of this battle, the next five to ten years of story and Zoro's plot?).
Someone with a brain how rare.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The point is that Jimbei tanked a named sword slash from Big Mom meaning that he would tank Zoro's haki attack too
Nope. Mama has yet to demonstrate an attack as powerful as Hiryuu Kaen.

Based on what is Zoro's attack at least on thunder bagua level? That is a completely baseless claim...
It gets placed on par with Thunder Bagua by virtue of terrifying Mama and making her fear for Kaido.

Do you think Mihawk can one shot Kaido? If Mihawk can, Sakazuki can.
If Zoro can temporarily KO a near fresh Kaido with an attack, I would bet on Mihawk being able to oneshot Kaido.

Zoro's fights from now on till he faces Mihawk wouldn't be about displaying more attack power:
  • The difficulty with Shiryuu will be successfully attacking him (so improving his COO)
  • Elbaf is unlikely to involve a difficult fight for Zoro

Basically, until he's facing Mihawk, Zoro will never be in the position where his attacks are simply not strong enough. You're overestimating how much story is left till then. Zoro can't easily perform Hiryuu Kaen either. It requires some build up/preparation and Kaido could dodge it.

How can Zoro have the best feat in the manga with a failed slash of unknown outcome if we have Oden actually scarring Kaido with the same sword?
True, Togen Totsuka is a better attack potency feat.
@LuthonTheDragDown.

Enma is dangerous, Big Mom felt it and warned Kaido. That's it, we have no idea of the extent of the damage Zoro would have done, unless you believe that the only attack against your ally during a decisive battle that deserves to be warned of is the one that will kill you; which is absurd.
By portrayal it would have dealt more damage to Kaido than all the other attacks he's taken so far. Kaido did not choose to dodge any of the other attacks.

At the very least, Hiryuu Kaen would have dealt significantly more damage than the Scabbards' Paradise Totsuka.

Nope. Mama has yet to demonstrate an attack as powerful as Hiryuu Kaen.

It gets placed on par with Thunder Bagua by virtue of terrifying Mama and making her fear for Kaido.

If Zoro can temporarily KO a near fresh Kaido with an attack, I would bet on Mihawk being able to oneshot Kaido.

Zoro's fights from now on till he faces Mihawk wouldn't be about displaying more attack power:
  • The difficulty with Shiryuu will be successfully attacking him (so improving his COO)
  • Elbaf is unlikely to involve a difficult fight for Zoro

Basically, until he's facing Mihawk, Zoro will never be in the position where his attacks are simply not strong enough. You're overestimating how much story is left till then. Zoro can't easily perform Hiryuu Kaen either. It requires some build up/preparation and Kaido could dodge it.

True, Togen Totsuka is a better attack potency feat.
@LuthonTheDragDown.

By portrayal it would have dealt more damage to Kaido than all the other attacks he's taken so far. Kaido did not choose to dodge any of the other attacks.

At the very least, Hiryuu Kaen would have dealt significantly more damage than the Scabbards' Paradise Totsuka.
Big Mom doesn't have to demonstrate shit since she is a fking yonko and therefore a league above Zoro by default. Zoro has to prove that he is on that level not Big Mom.

Big Mom warned Kaido to not underestimate the slash the same way he underestimated all the other SNs attacks before.
I think you're forgetting that so far Kaido only just stood there and took everyones attacks without actually guarding himself at all which in this case Big Mom warned him not to do. Like Kaido so far didn't even protect himself with haki...
Also again how the fuck does Big Mom being wary of Zoro's attack mean that it's equal to Thunder Bagua it makes no sense whatsoever especially since they are not comparable one being a blunt attack and the other one being a cutting attack, they have different strengths and weaknesses.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
But you would also say Sakazuki can’t One Shot Kaido? You think Zoro can but Sakazuki can’t?
Temporary KO not oneshot. Oden was able to temporarily knock out Kaido with his Togen Totsuka.

Also, it's not necessarily that I think Zoro can definitely KO Kaido for a bit once he lands an attack. It's that if Zoro is able to do that, then Mihawk who is still considerably stronger than Zoro should be able to do more.

Wano has made me think Mihawk may be more lethal than Sakazuki given that Oden could two shot Kaido, and Zoro's Ittoryu technique was strong enough to terrify Big Mom and cause her to warn Kaido to dodge. Mihawk scales significantly above Oden, and massively above Ittoryu Zoro (he scales above Asura Zoro who's considerably stronger than Santoryu Zoro in turn considerably stronger than Ittoryu Zoro).

Like after the latest chapter, a strong argument can be made that Mihawk's offensive prowess sits in a realm above all other top tiers. Zoro's offensive prowess with Ittoryu is already above several top tiers given Mama's reaction.

I scale Sakazuki's offensive prowess above Zoro's, but I don't scale him to Mihawk any more.

Or as @comrade said, Swordsmanship is the most powerful and lethal ability.

J

Jo_Ndule

"Mihawk can oneshot Kaido cpz i believe he is above Oden"

The same Oden who is a freak?

Being WS doesn't grant you AP or lethality above Oden. It's like thinking beinf WS makes kaido or wb better than x in CoO or Speed automatically coz You starr using scaling nonsense.

Zoro having enma =/= mihawk have a sword that amplifies AP and lethality

Zoro will scar kaido or weaken him in a team fight after others have dealt damages too.
Even after the fatal blow, SNs would still need more.

Oden did it in one blow! No top tier is oneshotting Dragon kaido except Oden. Even Oden can't 1 shot Kaido! He needs 2 more attacks to finish that Young kaido.

Let's hand WB better CoO than fuji/Kata coz he's WSM ...

Linlin warns about enma... fanboys " Linlin was terrified about the attack"
Yet no Yonko or SN hyped that attack after it missed.

Oden is a physical beast who could solo Ashura and team at 18. Match Primebeard and base Kaido.
let Mihawk KO Zoro first ! Pre ts Luffy! Not be matched by freaking vista in a clash

You know I’m going to ask you to prove how Akainu couldn’t do the same or even worse lol.
I think its just a matter of who has actually done it vs who could potentially do it with one who has done it getting a benefit of the doubt.

Like Akainu had basically one shot killed Whitebeard, and we both assumed Mihawk could do it too but always gave Akainu the benefit of the doubt in lethality because he has actually done it.

Now swordsman significantly inferior than Mihawk has actually done it while Akainu could potentially do so I'd say Mihawk gets the benefit of the doubt. Even more so one who has done it isn't even end all be all of swordsmanship like Mihawk is.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Like Akainu had basically one shot killed Whitebeard, and we both assumed Mihawk could do it too but always gave Akainu the benefit of the doubt in lethality because he has actually done it.
Nah, this is different.

@Cinera is outright saying that Mihawk is more lethal than Akainu because Oden “almost two shot Kaido” with no evidence that Akainu couldn’t have done something similar

Meanwhile, I never gave Akainu the lethality benefit over Mihawk, I brought up Whitebeard as evidence to why Mihawk shouldn’t be assumed more lethal than Akainu, when Akainu was the one blowing holes in Whitebeard

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You know I’m going to ask you to prove how Akainu couldn’t do the same or even worse lol.
I can't prove Sakazuki couldn't do it, but I don't need to prove it. I don't start with the assumption that Sakazuki can. I did not start with the assumption that Mihawk could one/two shot Kaido, but then Oden (a significantly weaker swordsman) demonstrated that ability, and so I updated.

Now, Zoro has demonstrated the ability to severely harm Kaido with his weakest sword style, and Mihawk scales massively above Ittoryu Zoro.

Sakazuki hasn't had similar hype that caused me to greatly elevate the standing of his attack potency.

I would place Sakazuki's offensive prowess at high top tier, but Mihawk sits on a tier of his own even beyond that.

Current Zoro has better feats than Marineford Mihawk, so I completely disregard Mihawk's MF performance for powerscaling.

Last edited:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I can't prove Sakazuki couldn't do it, but I don't need to prove it. I don't start with the assumption that Sakazuki can.
That’s...frustratingly logical actually. Lol

I can’t lie, I’m just under the assumption that Sakazuki can easily severely wound Kaido given that people like Okiku and the Scabbards can wound him consistently. These characters are nowhere near Akainu in strength, and Akainu is an AP/lethality focused character. Hell, I still don’t think Oden is really close to Sakazuki in power. I don’t see how Akainu wouldn’t severely injure Kaido in a very small number of attacks.

Now, Zoro has demonstrated the ability to severely harm Kaido with his weakest sword style, and Mihawk scales massively above Ittoryu Zoro.
Mihawk isn’t massively above Zoro, he’s just above him. I don’t think Mihawk sits in some AP God Tier, at best he is just at the top of high top tier in terms of AP.

I also fundamentally disagree that the move Zoro used against Kaido is below most of his Three Sword Style moves when iirc this is the same move he used to finish Ryuma’s Zombie pre TS. It should be one of his stronger moves.

Sakazuki hasn't had similar hype that caused me to greatly elevate the standing of his attack potency.
I guess it depends on what standard you measure hype by but that’s a separate discussion.

I can’t lie, I’m just under the assumption that Sakazuki can easily severely wound Kaido given that people like Okiku and the Scabbards can wound him consistently. These characters are nowhere near Akainu in strength, and Akainu is an AP/lethality focused character. Hell, I still don’t think Oden is really close to Sakazuki in power. I don’t see how Akainu wouldn’t severely injure Kaido in a very small number of attacks.
doesn't akainu have barrier haki though

Meanwhile, I never gave Akainu the lethality benefit over Mihawk, I brought up Whitebeard as evidence to why Mihawk shouldn’t be assumed more lethal than Akainu, when Akainu was the one blowing holes in Whitebeard
Iirc you used to claim Mihawk's lethality is below Akainu's due to Akainu having better feats.
Anyways I would say lethality is also kinda complex now because swordsmanship also has another benefit in One Piece which is Ryou mastery allowing swordsmen to cut most durable of objects very swiftly.

So I guess against "Normal" humans like Whitebeard, Mihawk and Akainu's durability would be same, both can one shot kill him, against likes of Big Mom and Kaido, Mihawk should get benefit of the doubt for now I would say.
Post automatically merged:

I also fundamentally disagree that the move Zoro used against Kaido is below most of his Three Sword Style moves when iirc this is the same move he used to finish Ryuma’s Zombie pre TS. It should be one of his stronger moves.
I would probably put it as mid tier move overall. Maybe high end idk, I guess it remains to be seen