Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Awful

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oden is a pure alpha character and that's the type of character that I enjoy the most :steef:. Wonder if he's about to body this mama elephant in the next chapter with kings haki or just brute strength.

Also, Zoro's master being Denjiro looking so damn clear right now. I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case.

That's because the Kozuki is the strongest family of Wano
That's obvious the ruling family will obviously be the most powerful since they pretty much control the resources of the nation, meaning they can hire the best samurai in the land. That though doesn't mean the Shogun is the strongest man in wano. That's was a baseless statement. Was Oden the strongest man in Wano? sure but he was not Shogun coz he was the strongest. He was the shogun coz of his LINEAGE. Simple as that.

I really enjoyed that.

Really, we could be looking at the longest flashback we've seen yet, depending on just how much Oda wants to show. We've got the recruitment of the Scabbards to come (it's like a mini Strawhats joining). He could show a decent amount of Oden's sailing, or maybe not if the Rocks stuff is being saved for later. And we should see Kaido taking over.

Very much enjoying Oden's lunatic well intentioned nature. Quite curious over who his attendant is, can't really place him in the modern day Wano.

And Denjiro's Koshiro. Wonder if we'll see Zoro fill in as his replacement as a Scabbard for the arc.

M

MD Zolo

I like OP Flashbacks. They set the mood for the arc and gives something to be invested when the fighting starts.

This Flashback is gonna be great. I don't see it dethroning Noland and Calgara flashback, but it is going to be enjoyable.

About this Denjiro/Koshiro business, I will just wait to see what happens. It's gonna take only 1-3 chapters till we go to 20 years ago and that Denjiro will give it away. For now, I think Denjiro and Koshiro are the same person.

First of all, I can now see how some people compared Oden to Takamura from Ippo! The resemblance is sound!

Secondly, I HOPE Oda during the flashback makes Mihawk encounter Oden. I don't care about anyone trying to undervalue Mihawk. Both of those swordsmen encountering each other is a bless to witness!

And lastly, I HOOOOPE if Denjiro is truly Koshiro (Zoro's master in dojo). That Oda actually intended for him to set sail to Wano by this time, and he arrives on critical situation to save Zoro!

I can imagine it already, the crew is in huuuuge problem during their fight! And is getting overhwhelmed, Luffy and Zoro being in uge danger, we have Jinbe appearing as back up to rescue Luffy. While Denjiro appears to rescue Zoro! That shit would be LIT!

Note: Sanji doesn't need saving, only Zoro does LOOOL
Just kidding, but if all members in their own different areas of battlefield are getting destroyed, it would be nice to have a nostalgic name appears to save their ass in a critical moment.

Anyway, let's hope if it's really Koshiro, Oda does NOT neglect him and say "well, Zoro takes his place" because Koshiro does NOT KNOW about Zoro being there to defeat kaido. Instead, he himself has obligation to appear and make the promise they had for Oden and Toki of opening wano borders true. SO, it's more appropriate that way.

Also, this would be a huge chance for Koshiro to witness Zoro improvement where Oda makes Zoro surpasses his master (I know some think he already surpassed him, but we don't know that lol)

Oh, I have a better idea, we have Garp saves Luffy instead of Jinbe, and Jinbe saves Sanji since both of those guys actually teamed up before and both have some sort of chemistry together. BUT Luffy needs to witness Jinbe appearance anyway. Since it's a battlefield, everyone might be witnessing everything anyway

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
if denjiro is koshiro, didnt we know his dad was kozaburo shimotshuki, but he was orphaned.

did kozaburo died early?
We only got info about Kozaburo leaving Wano, so maybe Koshiro/Denjiro was abandoned for some reason? Or Kozaburo's family was disowned from the Shimotsuki family for Kozaburo leaving the country?

I really enjoyed that.

Really, we could be looking at the longest flashback we've seen yet, depending on just how much Oda wants to show. We've got the recruitment of the Scabbards to come (it's like a mini Strawhats joining). He could show a decent amount of Oden's sailing, or maybe not if the Rocks stuff is being saved for later. And we should see Kaido taking over.

Very much enjoying Oden's lunatic well intentioned nature. Quite curious over who his attendant is, can't really place him in the modern day Wano.

And Denjiro's Koshiro. Wonder if we'll see Zoro fill in as his replacement as a Scabbard for the arc.
Honestly I'd love to see Koshiro actually meet the Straw Hats. Zoro is the only person who hasn't had someone important to their development (whether that was in a positive or negative fashion) meet the crew.

Oden cooking Oden using his friend's cremated corpse has to be one of my top 5 character intros in the series. You enter that page and the horror presented sounds especially nasty and barbaric, you're thinking maybe Oden starts as a sick freak who needs to be redeemed, but then Oda quickly manages to flip this idea on its head as Oden's unique way of mourning and sharing one last meal with his deceased friend. That's all you need to know about 18 year old Oden -- he's a rebel who does things his own way, but he doesn't necessarily mean harm. Okay, maybe it's still a little nasty lol but I absolutely love it.

He enters the scene by cooking with someone's body, but exits the story by getting boiled alive. I can't be the only one thinking that the master chef prepared a fine pot of Oden for his own execution. Would Orochi be flattered or insulted?

Seeing Wano 41 years ago is a breath of fresh air for the setting. The same cast of characters has to be reintroduced because they have changed over 20 years of Oden, followed by 20 years of Kaido. Kinemon stripped to his underwear by his childhood girl, what a lucky guy. Denjiro. DENJIROOOOO! At last he enters the story and damn is Denjiro some good theory bait. I like his nerdy appearance and calculating antics, the Scabbards are missing an intellectual personality like that. I haven't decided where he stands in terms of Kyo or Kou, but the latter gives Zoro that personal tie-in to the arc so chances are looking good. Sukiyaki listening to his kid's rap sheet, that's a feeling every parent can relate to. I need an entire anime episode dedicated to these Harem Wars. And then a giant boar storms into the capital like a Kaiju shows its love for the city of Tokyo. I love the local Wano lore, Wano is an exceptional setting in those terms.

That was a strong flashback introduction chapter. I wouldn't mind a full volume of Oden, but we'll see where this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.