Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
One Piece - Chapter 960
Title:
Kozuki Oden Takes the Stage

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Jaimini'sBox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!​

Last edited:
B
Zoro's doji master Koshiro's current age is 51. This flashback is 41 years ago, so he would be 10 years when this took place

Denjiro looks like a 10 year old boy here.

Could they be the same person? It's possible. Now let's look at the facial features and the timeline

Facial features

Same facial shape. Same long hair (ponytail). And both wear sunglasses.

Also, Wado Ichimonji?

How did Denjiro end up in East Blue? And If he is Koshiro, why did he change his name?

THE TIMELINE (Theory)

25 years ago - Oden set out off Wano to join the Roger Pirates. Denjiro asks Oden to take along with him.

He then later decided to have his own adventure and ended up in East Blue.

22 years ago - In East Blue, his daughter Kuina was born (See in chapter 0)

20 years ago- He heard (maybe from one of the retainers?) that Kaido invaded Wano, and then he himself headed back to Wano.

Oden and his retainers got defeated. Orochi and Kaido took over Wano country.

Then Denjiro decided to go back to East Blue as he had his family there.

He later then changed his name from Denjiro to Koshiro to hide his identity (Same as what Ashura Douji did).

Now, Imagine Neku arrives on Wano along with Marco and Koshiro (aka Denjiro?)

That would be fucking hyped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
β€Ž
I dunno if Denjiro is Koshiro, but that sword definitely looks like Wado Ichimonji. Circular hand guard, has a similar metal adornment on the end of the sheath, has the rope stuff on the hilt, both hilt and sheath are pure white...Denjiro is even wearing it on his back like Zoro did as a child (at least in the anime, can't find any pictures of him doing that as a child in the manga)

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
Great chapter.

Oden has a great personality. Using the skeleton for cooking initially seemed disrespectful, but it turned out to be the opposite. I'm sure we'll get more details on the harem later on that will also change our perspective on that.

The boar story is quite unique as well. Looking forward to seeing how all the ends connect on the Yakuza, Grandpa Hyo and Oden.

Denjiro being Koshiro is a legitimate possibility based on the sword aesthetic and facial resemblance. He should be 10 years old in this flashback since Koshiro is 51 years old currently. I'm still not completely sold because if Kuina was born in East blue then Denjiro would have had to go back and forth to Wano to fight with Oden. And we know Wano is closed hmmmm :pepeanger:

FInally, I Came for the Wano lore but stayed for Young Tsuru :steef:

Last edited:
Zoro's doji master Koshiro's current age is 51. This flashback is 41 years ago, so he would be 10 years when this took place

Denjiro looks like a 10 years old boy here.

Could they be the same person? It's possible. Now let's look at the facial features and the timeline

Facial features

Same facial shape. Same long hair (Ponytail). And both wear sunglasses.

How did Denjiro end up in East Blue? And If he is Koshiro, why did he change his name?

THE TIMELINE (Theory)

25 years ago - Oden set out off Wano to join the Roger Pirates. Denjiro asks Oden to take along with him.

He then later decided to have his own adventure and ended up in East Blue.

22 years ago - In East Blue, his daughter Kuina was born (See in chapter 0)

20 years ago- He heard (maybe from one of the retainers?) that Kaido invaded Wano, and then he himself headed back to Wano.

Oden and his retainers got defeated. Orochi and Kaido took over Wano country.

Then Denjiro decided to go back to East Blue as he had his family there.

He later then changed his name from Denjiro to Koshiro to hide his identity (Same as what Ashura Douji did).

Now, Imagine Neku arrives on Wano with Marco and Koshiro (aka Denjiro?)

That would be fucking hyped.
You could try to compare the sword in his back.

I think there's a panel showing all the sword.

Laughed some during the chapter. Oden is similar to Luffy in the way he is portrayed. Both are walking disaster zones for the people around them. It’s interesting seeing Kinemon being a gangster when he was younger, also funny seeing him get handled by Tsuru. His expression when he realized that he inadvertently brought ruin to the capital was great. Looks like next week we get to see Oden in action for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.