News Volume 98 coming on February 2021

It's funny how some say Oda even hates Sanji cuz he uses him a lot for comedy or to make fun of him, when Oda stated that his favorite One Piece character is Gaimon, someone who's story revolved around being stuck for 20 years in a treasure box, and has this character design

Oda's personal taste really isn't into the uber serious characters/moments. How much he likes quirky characters and humor is what sets One Piece apart from most Shonen out there both in the visual and in the story department.
A lot of people think Oda is some crazy PL junkie or some shit lmao thats why.

Oda thinks Sanji is at his coolest when hes cooking. Thats why he thinks WCI was a great arc for Sanji. Interesting he jokingly states Sanji will never be cool again....

Didn't know Oda read One Punch Man/My Hero Academia.:believe:

40 years old Sanji be looking like young Whitebeard up in here.

And LMAO at Sanji's bad timeline.:denzimote::denzimote: 60 years old Sanji look like Zeff like I was expecting.:akaman:

Another fun fact:

- Oda's wife is a Sanji x Nami shipper and both of them resemble real life Sanji and Nami ^^

You know, i wonder if this is another hint at Oda eventually developing more Judge's and Germa's past.

The fact that if things went the worst possible way for Sanji he could have become Judge 2.0, maybe means that in different circumstances Judge could have been a much better person.

Could also tie into how Sora ended up with him. Would be interesting to see the man he was back when they first met.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of people think Oda is some crazy PL junkie or some shit lmao thats why.

Oda thinks Sanji is at his coolest when hes cooking. Thats why he thinks WCI was a great arc for Sanji. Interesting he jokingly states Sanji will never be cool again....
He's going to be at his coolest when he does what he loves most, and upholds the values he stands behind.

Tho i do think Oda was talking with Sanji's voice actor when he said that and it was part banter :milaugh:

If you’re wondering how Oda picks the DF for Zoro, he makes associations. Oda associates Zoro with a dragon

Nami is associated with weather, Sanji is sneaking around, Usopp is preparing lots of gadgets And Zoro is fierceness. Because why else would he be associated with the king of beasts if not for ferocity?

Flashbacks to Zoro vs Monet. If The dragon is the king of beasts then its thw most fearsome one. And Zoro is indeed a Fearsome Beast

You know, i wonder if this is another hint at Oda eventually developing more Judge's and Germa's past.

The fact that if things went the worst possible way for Sanji he could have become Judge 2.0, maybe means that in different circumstances Judge could have been a much better person.

Could also tie into how Sora ended up with him. Would be interesting to see the man he was back when they first met.
Much as i despise Judge and the Vinsmokes, he’s almost certain to have been a better man in the past. At worst he’ll end up an Arlong or a Doffy, with some sympathy for his past, at best, he’ll be an anti-hero like Marineford Croc , Baroque Works or Buggy.

He loves his children except Sanji, which is a small boost

He has some sense of honour, helping the Strawhats not only at the Tea Party, but also at the end when he could have ran away

And all the shit things he‘s done seems to be at least due to the pressure of leading Germa and regaining his family homeland. And he seems to be aware that the things he has done have been shit and evil, but he did it to try and fulfil the Germa dream

And like you said- Sora has to have liked him at some point. And we don’t yet have a clue of her connection to the comic book Sora.

There’s more to come from Judge’s past, and Sanji will more than likely inherit the grand Germa dream in some manner- not reestablishing the Empire, that’s totally anti-Strawhat, but bringing it back in a way that fits Sanji, not Judge.

Judge can become one of the best characters in the manga. Oda just needs to connect the dots: the comic strip (i think he wrote that, this is the reason the hero is named Sora), the 66 days of hope and the burden of fulfilling his fate, Judge hating Sanji for Sora's death but actually blaming himself and give him a sort of redemption.
If Vegapunk were to be Sora's dad and the one who gave her the drug would be perfect.
Sanji's third flashback :blush:

Much as i despise Judge and the Vinsmokes, he’s almost certain to have been a better man in the past. At worst he’ll end up an Arlong or a Doffy, with some sympathy for his past, at best, he’ll be an anti-hero like Marineford Croc , Baroque Works or Buggy.

He loves his children except Sanji, which is a small boost

He has some sense of honour, helping the Strawhats not only at the Tea Party, but also at the end when he could have ran away

And all the shit things he‘s done seems to be at least due to the pressure of leading Germa and regaining his family homeland. And he seems to be aware that the things he has done have been shit and evil, but he did it to try and fulfil the Germa dream

And like you said- Sora has to have liked him at some point. And we don’t yet have a clue of her connection to the comic book Sora.

There’s more to come from Judge’s past, and Sanji will more than likely inherit the grand Germa dream in some manner- not reestablishing the Empire, that’s totally anti-Strawhat, but bringing it back in a way that fits Sanji, not Judge.
There's definitely going to be something about the tragedy of past Germa that needs to be explored.

Two key elements i believe are the Comics painting Germa as the propaganda type villain group vs the marine heroes, as well as Judge feeling like it's required of future leaders of Germa to lack emotions, as those are a sign of weakness.

For the first, we know that the WG are actually bad guys, so it becomes suspicious when Germa is removed from power and the WG get's to claim/reclaim the control of the North Blue, that the narrative pushed forward is that of a Evil Germa and them as the saviors. The fact that they have continued to push this narrative for centuries, through out generations with the comics, likely means they have something to hide, and i'd not at all be surprised if the Germa of the past were either outright the good guys, or closer to that than the WG.

The second key element mostly comes to strengthen the possibility of Germa being the good guys. If they lost their Kingdom and the control of the North because they had feelings such as empathy or kindness, things that Judge now looks down upon as obstacles in the path of building a stronger Germa, then obviously they'd be closer to the heroes of that story than the WG. And with how WCI focused on those aspects of Sanji's character, it would not be at all suprising to see him being used as the one true inheritor left of the Will passed down from their ancestors.

Also it's odd how the WG allowed Judge and Germa to influence their bounties, take part in the Reverie, and so on. There's likely something that Judge and the Germa has on the WG that they can use to cause damage if they are directly attacked. Might be a Doflamingo type situation, where the WG needs to play nicely with certain individuals/factions who could complicate things for them.

Last edited: