Character Discussion Luffy & Zoro Parallels All Throughout One Piece

I want to add some:

Both the ones they wanna Surpass are Rivals
Both have Eye Scar they received when they were with those two (Shanks/Mihawk)
Both have Chest Scar that made them Cry & re-announce their Dream again
Both have Usopp appearing in the Background of their Wanted Poster
Zoro was compared to Captain multiple times by various Characters
They have Parallels with Roger/Rayleigh
Zoro will clearly show CoC soon giving him another similarity with Luffy
Luffy met Hyo, Momo, Kawamatsu & Kid in Udon while at same time Zoro met Yasuei, Hiyori, Onimaru & Killer
Both inspired Sanji in Baratie Arc & showed their Willpower for the sake for their Dream
Both are the Dumbest Duo of SHs
Both entered Onigashima together & started trouble at same time
Both were called "Inhuman" together, dozens of times
Both lost their way before fighting Kuro Pirates
They defeated Punk Hazard Dragon together
Both Laughed at Pica
Both fought Hyouzou
Both scared Holdem with their Look
Both were given Special Introduction Post-TS compared to rest of Crew

I want to add some:

Both the ones they wanna Surpass are Rivals
Both have Eye Scar they received when they were with those two (Shanks/Mihawk)
Both have Chest Scar that made them Cry & re-announce their Dream again
Both have Usopp appearing in the Background of their Wanted Poster
Zoro was compared to Captain multiple times by various Characters
They have Parallels with Roger/Rayleigh
Zoro will clearly show CoC soon giving him another similarity with Luffy
Luffy met Hyo, Momo, Kawamatsu & Kid in Udon while at same time Zoro met Yasuei, Hiyori, Onimaru & Killer
Both inspired Sanji in Baratie Arc & showed their Willpower for the sake for their Dream
Both are the Dumbest Duo of SHs
Both entered Onigashima together & started trouble at same time
Both were called "Inhuman" together, dozens of times
Both lost their way before fighting Kuro Pirates
They defeated Punk Hazard Dragon together
Both Laughed at Pica
Both fought Hyouzou
Both scared Holdem with their Look
Both were given Special Introduction Post-TS compared to rest of Crew
Excellent. Especially the scars across their chest. I never noticed the obvious wow.

Chapter 77
Both didn't hear Nami's story from Nojiko, while Sanji and Usopp did:
-Luffy went for a walk
-Zoro fell asleep

Both fought with a fishman that abused Energy Steroid to the point that their hair became white, no one else fought with an enemy that went this far .

Last edited:
I will add to that....kaku's "powerlevel" was measured before he got his girafe fruit, and that was a huge boost in power seeing how slashing the entirety of the ennies lobby building at the time was considered to be a pretty big feat. Plus the dificulty of the battle also has to be accounted for, Zoro didnt had that much trouble with kaku, it was a mid diff fight, but Luffy was unnable to move after his fight with Lucci implying it was an extreme diff fight that he barely managed to win.

Zoro was also doing pretty well against jabra AND kaku while ussing sogeking as a sword.

Conclusion: Zoro would likely been able to defeat Lucci with the same dificulty or easier than Luffy did.
Rob Lucci's Douriki level was way higher than Kaku's and his devil fruit wasn't accounted for either. Not to mention how their fruits compliment their six powers. Also Lucci and G2 Luffy were much faster than Zoro at this point. Would Asura have done more damage than G3 did to Lucci? If so, how long would Zoro be able to keep it up. We can't just assume he has it his entire fight against Lucci since he hasn'tkept it up for long so far in the series. Luffy struggling against an opponent much stronger than Zoro's doesn't mean Zoro can beat that opponent by virtue of mid diffing the weaker opponent. Lucci outclassed Kaku greatly. But I understand your point of view.

Last edited:
Rob Lucci's Douriki level was way higher than Kaku's and his devil fruit wasn't accounted for either. Not to mention how their fruits compliment their six powers. Also Lucci and G2 Luffy were much faster than Zoro at this point. Would Asura have done more damage than G3 did to Lucci? If so, how long would Zoro be able to keep it up. We can't just assume he has it his entire fight against Lucci since he hasn'tkept it up for long so far in the series. Luffy struggling against an opponent much stronger than Zoro's doesn't mean Zoro can beat that opponent by virtue of mid diffing the weaker opponent. Lucci outclassed Kaku greatly. But I understand your point of view.
Lucci was stupid enough to not try to dodge Luffy's Gear 3, he was overconfident and he paid a toll for his behaviour later

The question is: what would Lucci do against Zoro?
And if he decides to dodge Ashura Zoro it would be an OOC behaviour, wouldn't it?
Why would he choose to dodge Zoro when against Luffy he decided to use Tekkai.

One thing is certain, Lucci can't tank 9 swords of Ashura, too much lethality for him

Lucci was stupid enough to not try to dodge Luffy's Gear 3, he was overconfident and he paid a toll for his behaviour later

The question is: what would Lucci do against Zoro?
And if he decides to dodge Ashura Zoro it would be an OOC behaviour, wouldn't it?
Why would he choose to dodge Zoro when against Luffy he decided to use Tekkai.

One thing is certain, Lucci can't tank 9 swords of Ashura, too much lethality for him
If you see Ashura as a stronger attack than G3 sure but Lucci's still faster than Zoro (only G2 Luffy kept up with him and he was faster than Kaku) and his tekkai is stronger than Kaku's (and considering Kaku didn't use tekkai often against Zoro and instead opted to use Rankyuaky, I think that's a pretty big deal). I just don't see how Zoro's keeping up with Lucci but I understand if you think Zoro wins.

Then it dosent take into account swords either, meaning it dosent represent Kaku's actual strenght anyway.
Swords don't increase your fighting power in a linear fashion, it is a fighting style. Garp is not a tier above Roger in base stats to fight a sword user bare handed equally, he has mountain crushing fists.
This is a manga where picking up a sword weakens you if you aren't trained in it, and punches have had the power well outstripping real world swords since chapter 1 of the manga.
Kaku is wielding cheap ass swords not the hax meito that Zoro abuses.

In any case Lucci is a more skilled martial artist in addition to having higher doriki, he had internal destruction before it was cool. Lucci has a more vicious fruit and better mastery.