Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting to try and fight against a Calamity doesn't mean that the Tobbi Roppo are legit contenders for the title. Moriah, Crocodile, Ace, Kidd, Urouge, Apoo, etc.. etc... All wanted to try their hand at a Yonko, and got absolutely crushed. Didn't make them Yonko Contenders.
Except the Veterans have been established as close to the YCs. Pero's bounty is closer to Cracker's than his to Katakuri and higher than Snack's.

Thriller Bark wasn't Zoro focused, and he ended up doing that because he didn't shine enough.
TB had lots of Zoro focus, he had two 1v1s, got a new sword and a group fight, along with the 'nothing happened' moment.

Sanji's version is arguably the Wedding Cake cause it fits his character, but that seems unlikely to happen here. A fight against Queen would be better

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Wanting to try and fight against a Calamity doesn't mean that the Tobbi Roppo are legit contenders for the title. Moriah, Crocodile, Ace, Kidd, Urouge, Apoo, etc.. etc... All wanted to try their hand at a Yonko, and got absolutely crushed. Didn't make them Yonko Contenders.
except that they all failed
Post automatically merged:

whats this match up

@bennbeckman vs new guy

This is like Kaido vs start of story Nami

Biggest mismatch in manga and anime history

I know i said i am done buy sorry i just cant.

Mena Gomenasai
He is biting more than he can chew

Luffy used invisible haki against Hody and he clearly underestimated Hody's bite strength. His haki doesn't have to be powerful to fuse it with his DF. That's how G4th works after all, rubbery + hardening.

Also, Bound Man's/Snake Man's strength comes from the tensile force, not mainly haki although haki takes a part of said mechanism.
gear 4 is a mix between armament hardening and devil fruit elasticity. reyligh said that it puts a great toll on the body and that was a year ago, but as we can see it still does.
The hardness of Luffy's CoA at the time on Fishman Island, has nothing to do with CoA's capacity to maintain the shape of G4.
actually it does.gear 4 time limit is defined by how much haki does luffy have, when it's due luffy has to recharge his armament for 10 minutes.

gear 4 is a mix between armament hardening and devil fruit elasticity. reyligh said that it puts a great toll on the body and that was a year ago, but as we can see it still does. strain luffy's body to much.
Well, we do not know how long the timelimit was when Luffy invented G4th. It could also just last 5 minutes back then, we do not know that.

However, Luffy being unable to protect himself from a bite with invisible haki doesn't mean he cannot bring up the technique to fuse his haki with his devil fruit as that is just a matter of DF and Haki mastery in which your individual haki strength does not matter much.

Doflamingo being above The Flying Six was always obvious. The Warlords are meant to counter the Yonko Top 3 alongside the strongest Vice Admirals (Tsuru the Candidates and John Giant).

This isn't to mention that Doflamingo humiliated Vice Admirals and Whitebeard Commander Buffalo and Oars Jr.

Unless if The Whitebeard Pirates were below the Beast and Big Mom Pirates which I doubt.

Doflamingo Kuma and Hancock were YC level while Jinbei and Moria were Vet level.

Doflamingo's base stats might be bad by YC standards but I don't see any Vet handling Awakening even if they manage to injure him

Why is this still a discussion

Except the Veterans have been established as close to the YCs. Pero's bounty is closer to Cracker's than his to Katakuri and higher than Snack's.
Perospero is also Big Mom's first son, and has been apart of the Piracy World much longer than any of his other siblings, yet as far as we know, he still wasn't Sweet Commander material. And this is the guy who was thinking if someone happened to Big Mom, her succession should go by age not strength, cause he knew he couldn't beat out Kata in that regard.

You are pretending to be dumb to troll? or you genuinely didnt even bother to read what i said?

I will repeat myself just in case...Oda keeps adding new forms of G4 at every damn fight Luffy gets, we saw one vs Cracker, we saw even another one vs Katakuri and we might even see goddamn G5 in this arc.

This is a classical case of asspull powerup, adding a new form everytime the character struggles, dosent matter if Oda tries to justify it with "he had it since the timeskip" in the end of the day its just oda's justifying a new powerup he pulled out of his ass, like dragon ball and its goddamn super sayian forms, every damn villain requires a new transformation to beat, and its the same with Luffy. Sanji's diable janble and Zoro's Asura might also make no sense just as much as Luffy gear's but at least they dont show new variant of it every damn time they fight someone.
While i do agree most powerups in One Piece are asspulls one way or the other, the two allternate forms we've seen of Gear 4th could just be improvised on the spot by Luffy and it would make sense on the story.
Boundman is the base form he's had since the timeskip and the one that could've been either an asspull or something Oda planned but waited for a certain moment to reveal, which retroactively affects the previous arcs where he didn't use it.

Tankman came about from how much he ate during the cracker fight, it's just boundman but super fat, even the humor during that scene makes it seem like he just improvised it.

Snakeman was something he probably came up with during the fight with Katakuri to counter his FS, which doesn't have to be an asspull because they fought for hours beforehand and got experience with it.

If he pulls out another form against Kaido, then similarly it would just be a sidegrade to regular boundman made to counter Kaido's toughness and utilize Ryou better or something, but it wouldn't be something he's had since the timeskip.

Boundman is most likely the only form he developed during the timeskip.

gear 4 is a mix between armament hardening and devil fruit elasticity. reyligh said that it puts a great toll on the body and that was a year ago, but as we can see it still does.

actually it does.gear 4 time limit is defined by how much haki does luffy have, when it's due luffy has to recharge his armament for 10 minutes.
How long he can maintain it, and how hard his haki can become is two different things. Why would the length of how long Luffy can use G4 have any bearing on how hard it can become?

Well, we do not know how long the timelimit was when Luffy invented G4th. It could also just last 5 minutes back then, we do not know that.

However, Luffy being unable to protect himself from a bite with invisible haki doesn't mean he cannot bring up the technique to fuse his haki with his devil fruit as that is just a matter of DF and Haki mastery in which your individual haki strength does not matter much.
haki strength does mater because when luffy is out of haki gear 4 ends. and if your haki too weak to block a bite then it's weak to perform gear 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.