Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not,Jinbe block a Magma punch of Akainu and Big mom sword attack. Both of these have probably similar AP as Boundman if not better. Jinbe is kinda underated here with is wrong. He call G2 trash similar as what Doffy said. He is a monster on his own. Ofc he could lose to G4 but not that easy. He is close in pl to Doffy.
Jinbei is really damn powerful. He was one of the Shichibukai and has really good feats in the story so far. Yet people still hate on him.

i don't disagree truly... and he fought ace for 5 or more days straight and that was wayy back.. but yiu have to take this also inti consideration that zoro and sanji have been through hell itself while protecting luffy too.. jimbe has to show something considerable to show down these 2 beasts you can definitively say that jimbe will be ok after a gear 4 punch... the Vagabon drill against BM was whn she was weakened.. but its feat.. but you also have to consider that it did nothing to Wdatsumi.. who then got ones shot by sanji's hell's memories... endurance wise too.. xoro taking luffy's pain, sanji getting stabbed but still able to flip Oars.. and unlike zoro he put his body on the line amd was still standing at the end.. from thunderbolts to depth of ocean.... sanji and zoro are no pushovers... doffy's durability is off the charts.. to survive an encounter with gear 4 and taking all its hits unlike with katakuri... zoro and sanji rn are neck in neck with doffy at this point

Why not,Jinbe block a Magma punch of Akainu and Big mom sword attack. Both of these have probably similar AP as Boundman if not better. Jinbe is kinda underated here with is wrong. He call G2 trash similar as what Doffy said. He is a monster on his own. Ofc he could lose to G4 but not that easy. He is close in pl to Doffy.

The sequence has been so obvious and funny. Im looking forward to making a poll of will Sanji vs Jack happen when this chapter comes out.

We all knew Robin vs BM would happen. She deserves to have a chapter titled after her

Brook is TBD, Jack see how damaged he actually is.

It's even more insane. Sanji could watch his crewmates get murdered by a female antagonist and he'd be like naaaaaaah I dont hit woman

We know for a fact though Queen has an unfinished mystery that ties him and Judge together. This requires Sanji and Queen to interact, which by that point probably is solidifying their fight. Though its possible with Jack too. As @Gol D Roger said earlier, Sanji fighting Jack actually has some level of merit due to there being a form of debt to Pedro and the Minks.

Personally I don't see how Sanji (who may or may not be unconscious right now like he was with Kalifa) will recover and have enough time to make it to Jack. Mystery 10th person will probably have something to do with stalling Jack though, anyhow.
why do you think shimotsuki lore has more to do with a battle with king
from what I recall the lords of wano were killed by kaido.

The sequence has been so obvious and funny. Im looking forward to making a poll of will Sanji vs Jack happen when this chapter comes out.

We all knew Robin vs BM would happen. She deserves to have a chapter titled after her

Brook is TBD, Jack see how damaged he actually is.

It's even more insane. Sanji could watch his crewmates get murdered by a female antagonist and he'd be like naaaaaaah I dont hit woman
The poll i been waiting for some one to make all day

:finally:

But yeah the sanji not hitting women is just weak willed , When i made the thread abuot sanji and his weak will so many people were like why you say this? If the spoilers are true, And sanji just spent all this time and had to be saved then whats this strong will? He again just scarfing his crew and allies for what? because he doesnt want to hit a women. Its kinda weak.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Jinbe's easily YC2+, people just underrate him because they don't like the idea of someone being close to Zoro and Sanji, even though it's pretty clear that they are still 2 and 3.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother

You should add also the Oden and Zoro parallels. Fantastic and very well stated thread, btw.
Thank you bro, just using what Oda has provided throughout the story on paper.

And Zoro Oden parallels will be pointless after Wano since everyone more or less accepts this. But it would be an interesting post.

If a character struggles for 12 hours, and just on the very last part of the fight he decides to show a power that he has been hidding for hundreds of chapters and by some coincidence of destiny that transformation is precisely what he needs to beat this specific villain , that is a classic asspull right there the author just did, and this is what we are arguing about here.
You are clearly neglecting the whole circumstances of this fight.
Luffy had to learn FS first to hit Katakuri as that was his main issue during the fight. As we know, G4th has a timelimit with very bad drawbacks. He almost got killed by Katakuri when Bound Man ran out, luckily Brulee was there. So you think it would be wise to use a different form that early when Luffy didn't even solve the main issue to hit Katakuri?

We can debate whether FS is an asspull - due to the fact that Luffy learned an advanced form of Haki that fast - but his G4th is clearly not part of that as Luffy used it in the end where he was sure this could turn the tables.

Gear's transformations make absolutely no sense
Expect each transformation has legit explanations given the lore of this story.
So what exactly are you criticizing here?

and Oda just keeps pilling them over everytime Luffy struggles for HOURS with the same stupid flashback saying he fought monsters in the wild.
It's clear that his G4th forms are based on the animals he fought in the wild.
I'm expecting another G4th form which will be pure attack based, ie. Tiger/Lion Man.

And yes, this ain't an asspull PU as well.

Oda just keeps adding new transformations because he knows people get exited over them
Now you are just explaining the author's reason for said PU but not the reason why it is an asspull.
Please stay on topic.

thats why Akira Toriyama didnt stop adding new hair styles for his super sayians up until now.
Yet again, apples and oranges.

Remenber when there was no need for stupid transformations in one piece?
That was in the early plot of this manga when the enemies weren't as strong as now.
Therefore, Luffy has to get stronger to beat those opponents. At the end of TB, Usopp clearly mentioned the constant growth in the enemie's power:

How do you expect Luffy to face Akainu? With no gears at all? Gum Gum Pistol vs Daifunka? Whew...

BTW, "dumb" is not a bad word, soo chill out captain america.
You started insulting me for no reason and that's why I said it for you to calm down a bit.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Jinbe's easily YC2+, people just underrate him because they don't like the idea of someone being close to Zoro and Sanji, even though it's pretty clear that they are still 2 and 3.
I’ve been fucking saying Jinbei YC2 since he ranked Akainu. Just like Queen tanked Big Mom. These guys stay hibernating on Jinbei

I just don't understand why this was needed. Robin could have just stumbled upon Black Maria on her own. We didn't need to have Sanji beaten, embarrassed, and literally held hostage to accomplish this. Yeah this might be the worst part of this arc so far (even more so than the Big Mom amnesia stuff). If after all this, Sanji just ends up fighting someone like Jack, then God what is even the point? And the other thing is absolute nothing else even happened in this chapter. The pacing is fucking awful. We get the reappearance of Jack, but honestly pretty much all of his hype (at least for me) is gone at this point. He's done nothing impressive since he's been introduced almost 200 chapters ago.

The poll i been waiting for some one to make all day

:finally:

But yeah the sanji not hitting women is just weak willed , When i made the thread abuot sanji and his weak will so many people were like why you say this? If the spoilers are true, And sanji just spent all this time and had to be saved then whats this strong will? He again just scarfing his crew and allies for what? because he doesnt want to hit a women. Its kinda weak.
Also he could have gotten away. 2nd thing is at least vs Khalifa he blocked her attacks and put in some effort. This is just stupid talk about character regression.

War on Onigashima Summary

Couldnt handle his issues on his own in WCi so Luffy bailed him out... that in turn brought Big Mom to Wano and now there are 2 emperors they have to go up against

In turn Sanji is caught in a web because he can't go against his morals and has been nearly useless in the war so far. Im sure he will fight a calamity but come on this has got to be a terrible sequence of events for the dude.

Also he could have gotten away. 2nd thing is at least vs Khalifa he blocked her attacks and put in some effort. This is just stupid talk about character regression.

War on Onigashima Summary

Couldnt handle his issues on his own in WCi so Luffy bailed him out... that in turn brought Big Mom to Wano and now there are 2 emperors they have to go up against

In turn Sanji is caught in a web because he can't go against his morals and has been nearly useless in the war so far. Im sure he will fight a calamity but come on this has got to be a terrible sequence of events for the dude.
The problem is he got out and then got caputred again instaed of running away, At least in khalifa situation he wasnt able to run away at one point because of her devil fruit so it looked less pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.