Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Guys, don't lose too much time writing things. Be safe and happy, Zoro isn't leaving the roof.

:cheers:
first zoro will cut roof and kaido/big mom corps fall out
Post automatically merged:

Yes they did
Now one is a monster who went to jail and the other one a monster who ate a smile
and lose with nerf and hungry zoro (you are lost that):kata:

Can stop flipping the script and answer my first question I asked you.

What makes you believe that Zoro vs King is logical while Zoro already went to fight and damage Kaido and he will do more.

What is the point of ur logic. It it flawed.
I always stood behind Zoro v King vecause of themes and patterns, which i value more than chapter by chapter circumstances, as well as my desire to see Oda properly map Zoro's path towards becoming the strongest Swordsman.

In terms of patterns, Zoro fights the strongest subordinate of the arc boss, which is a swordman, aka King.

In terms of themes, King is the badass archetype which fits for a Zoro opponent, as well as having Fire powers be defining for his character's strength/fame in an arc where Zoro just learned how to cut fire, after significant build up towards wishing to do so in Wano.

And then there's Zoro's road towards becoming the strongest Swordsman. We're nearing the final New Word arc and us reaching Raftel, and the only "Swordsman" of note Zoro has defeated in the New World is Pica.

We're standing in the country of Samurai, famed for their swordsmen. A country that gave Zoro Shisui, now Enma, and will likely give him a new Kitetsu sword. In this country of famed swordsmen, we're really not going to have Zoro defeat a single one in 1 vs 1 combat ??

That's just shitty. I'm personally not satisfied with this at all. You can have Zoro throw away his swords and 1 vs 1 punch Kaido to death, and it's still shitty to not have him get a 1 vs 1 fight against a Swordsman in Wano.

We're really going to reach Raftel and when looking back we will see the big statue guy as the only "Swordsman of note" Zoro managed to defeat. And i'm having such a hard time even qualifying Pica as a swordsman figh for Zoro.

Kaido has a strongest swordsman under him that fits in every single aspect to be Zoro's opponent. The only problem is getting them to face each other, because right now they are not at all on a straight track towards that.

And that's all on what Oda does next. But it's important to keep in mind that Oda does make abrupt changes to what appears to be a straightforward ride, and often doesn't require much direct build up for a particular fight to happen. He just shuffels things and creates events that alter what appears to be a straight course, and lead into less than expected outcomes.

Just now we're seeing him potentially force Marco into a 3 vs 1 situation that could remove him from the ongoing fights, and then what happens next ? Who would you think is a suitable opponent for King ?

Status
Not open for further replies.