One Piece Episode 965 - Crossing Swords! Roger and Whitebeard!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Orachi part was done really well

but when you know all the twists you won't enjoy it as much

the Old hag is a fun villain, I also liked how they showed Shiki just briefly , he actually looked like her they probably related lol
Post automatically merged:

You literally pointed out what I though, imagine the hype and Shiki coming also with a ancient weapon...
Kaido-BigMom-Shiki, at this point the Navy would do something for sure.
it will happen

You literally pointed out what I though, imagine the hype and Shiki coming also with a ancient weapon...
Kaido-BigMom-Shiki, at this point the Navy would do something for sure.

Shiki have 20 years old long plan waiting for world domination

Kaido wanted to start the world war without help of big mom

Big Mom agree to join Kaido out of nowhere (far too easily)

and Shanks is aware of some danger that we are not

so ....

Shiki + Big Mom + Kaido = World War 2

Nah i doubt it, wano arc have a chance to outshine final war if Shiki does pull up
You shouldn´t see Wano as the usually arc, it is the end of a whole Saga, we had 4arcs of build up, over 400chapters until we reach that point. Wano will be great on himself, like Marineford it is a endsaga of something with Oda build up since so many arcs ago.
See it like Avengers Infinity war/Endgame, that is what we are in wano, it is not the usually arc where the strawhats just defeat a random villian, this war will shake the whole world.

In that case I would love it too have Shiki also in wano, joining the Rock duo.

Worst

Custom title
I fucking hated this episode cause I expected Roger Vs WB .... while I got fucking Orochi

but

seeing Shiki was really interesting​
Yea that old hag definitely had a past with Rocks I'm pretty sure it was her Plan, maybe when Rocks split up she saw Kaido was strong and looking for a territory so she brought him to Wano thinking he would help them take it back but it ended up how it ended up.....hope to see more of Kaido's backstory and how he approached Wano

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
You shouldn´t see Wano as the usually arc, it is the end of a whole Saga, we had 4arcs of build up, over 400chapters until we reach that point. Wano will be great on himself, like Marineford it is a endsaga of something with Oda build up since so many arcs ago.
See it like Avengers Infinity war/Endgame, that is what we are in wano, it is not the usually arc where the strawhats just defeat a random villian, this war will shake the whole world.

In that case I would love it too have Shiki also in wano, joining the Rock duo.
Good point and if this happen, Oda really need to plan something spectacular for the final war arc either.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

lmao, oden has recovered well from a coup directed by PK ROGER (named coup), as opposed to the coup of WB GURA in ODEN the WB GURA looks much better.
KAIDO> ~ WB PRIME> ROGER.
ODEN was racing to 1x1 with ROGER, LOL.

And this is not even the main ODEN.

It is no wonder that all three fighters are able to fight KAIDO and lose at the end of high or extreme differences.

lmao, oden has recovered well from a coup directed by PK ROGER (named coup), as opposed to the coup of WB GURA in ODEN the WB GURA looks much better.
KAIDO> ~ WB PRIME> ROGER.
ODEN was racing to 1x1 with ROGER, LOL.

And this is not even the main ODEN.

It is no wonder that all three fighters are able to fight KAIDO and lose at the end of high or extreme differences.
it's kinda dumb to assume Oden didn't grow stronger in 6 years after that ... when he was in right age for it

but ...

Oden is weakest of holy 5

I do know what dbz looks like. There is a very bid difference between these clashes and pre-skip ones like Shanks vs WB for instance. Show a video of Dressrosa that looks like DBZ.

A lot of the final episode of the Don Chinajo fight, but that's not on Youtube unfortunately(This one has some spliced samples, that really how its like throughout that entire final episode).

Also, its not like One Piece doesn't have explosive clashes quite frequently, even Pre time skip.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

The animation of this episode: KAIDO VS BIG MOM actually got better, I think they need to be more careful when KAIDO is in the episode, since it is the WSP, WSC, WSM, the strongest of all time and finally make a divine quality animation.
1:39​

And if you put it in 1:39 you will notice that only in brute force + coc, kaido and big mom was more impressive, they didn't even coat their LOL weapons.

KAIDO VS BIG MOM actually got better, I think they need to be more careful when KAIDO is in the episode, since it is the WSP, WSC, WSM, the strongest of all time and finally make a divine quality animation.
1:39
The only problem with animating Kaido comes from his dragon form, which is incredibly difficult to animate because you need to hand draw all those scales.

In saying that, loads of talented animators work on Kaido's episodes.

J

Jo_Ndule

The Shiki stuff is really interesting, it was already in manga and until today the question stand, where the old women know Shiki? Was Shiki a member from Wano since I can't see the old women travel outside of Wano. So it make more sense that Shiki was in wano, probably even born in wano.
This open up the question, could we see Shiki later again?
We know Big mom and Kaido open up the new Rock Crew. In that case could Shiki soon join them?
Inagine his name is Kurozomi Shiki
:cheers:he betrayed Xebec at God valley
WB and BM didn't really betray, only stopped fighting once Xebec lost.
BM saved Kaido...

The episode 953: KAIDO vs BIG MOM, was much better in terms of animation, I found ROGER and WB very slow in animation and an inexpressive animation, like @JazzMazz said, several animators need to get involved when KAIDO is in the episode, even though he be your BASE mode they still do better.​
Agreed.

Let's hope for a better animation in the filler next week.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

Agreed.

The animators seem to let the episode speed down to 0.75, because the animation of the one piece is very slow, and it gives me agony when I'm watching.

WB spends a lot of time flying, stays in the air, all this faster would be rewarding.
At least that's what I think, it's very generic.
ODEN walking fast, it's the same thing, very robotic and generic.

The episode 953: KAIDO vs BIG MOM, was much better in terms of animation, I found ROGER and WB very slow in animation and an inexpressive animation, like @JazzMazz said, several animators need to get involved when KAIDO is in the episode, even though he be your BASE mode they still do better.​
Eh, I think that's just more personal taste.

The clash this episode was still magnificent, with a crap ton of awesome stuff going on it that I think made it a lot of fun to watch(namely the background animation, and the effect on the trees and such). I would hardly say it was inexpressive.

Like, I think animators have an easier time with base Kaido than Dragon Kaido. Its also worth noting that animators hating drawing Kid because his robot mech shit is literally killing them.
Agreed.

I mean, Masami Mori is next week, but the final clash this week was still very well done(even though I think that animator has done better stuff).

I think the slowness was kind of the point of it. They wanted to emphasize the size and weight of the clash.

The animators seem to let the episode speed down to 0.75, because the animation of the one piece is very slow, and it gives me agony when I'm watching.

WB spends a lot of time flying, stays in the air, all this faster would be rewarding.
I think that's more this animator trying to emphasize the size and weight of the characters as opposed to making it a quick thing, which is also an incredibly valid way of animating stuff. Larger, more weighty things tend to be animated as moving slower.
ODEN walking fast, it's the same thing, very robotic and generic.
I think that's just that animator being a literal mech animator. They were animating Oden like a mech in some scenes.