Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Zoro to downgrade from Kaido to King mhmhm this debelopment.

Yummy.
Not the point, never was the point.

Remember our earlier argument. People here are treading pretty thin ice if they think Zoro is going to overshadow Luffy in the arc where Luffy defeats a Yonko. Defeating a Yonko was never part of Zoro's path to WSS. Defeating a Yonko literally IS directly in the way of Luffy's path to becoming PK. This ONLY became a plot point for Zoro when he got Enma. You all know this. 350+ chapters of setup for Luffy, less than 60 for Zoro here.

Again, THATS the only reason why I've pitched Zoro vs King, because it at least means Zoro fights and wins against SOMEONE, not being the assisted attack to defeat a Yonko whom we all know Luffy is going to finish off himself. But sure, lets keep conflating it as a downgrade lol.

All this was spawned off my concern for Zoro getting shafted of a major fight and instead relegated to supporting Luffy in his. We all know where this fight is heading in 10/20/30 chapters. We all know that Luffy will pull out some broken powerup and it will once again overshadow Kid, Killer, Law, and Zoro.

This happens every fucking arc, especially with Law at Dressrosa, who's goal was to KILL DOFLAMINGO (wow sounds so familiar). Just laying the cards out, because there is clear notion of concern for this happening.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Decent enough. 1 of many named moves being a sword doesn't make him a swordsman... kuzan has one. It's called ice sword...

And this relic shit is ridiculous. Makes no difference its just a cool attack name with a reference to history.
big difference is kuzan has 0 swordsmanship skill
he was blocked by zoro and disarmed by sanji

meanwhile kizaru went toe to toe with ray

Gotta say, rereading Zoro vs Ryuuma is reminding me why I actually want/wanted a true swordsman fight this arc. That was his last 1v1 swordsman fight with someone of similar skill and we haven't had anything like it since. Its a shame, since Monet and Pica were complete jokes in portrayal to Mr. 1, Ohm, Kaku and Ryuuma.

Honestly as shocking as it is, Kaido really doesn't cut it because we just don't get the same sort of dynamic fluidity between both characters fighting.

Right now Kaido is just a walking tank taking hits like its nobody's business. It honestly feels....stagnant when it comes to swordsmen characters.

I hope people get what I mean. Like if Zoro fought Fuji or Shiryu or Mihawk later, clearly those dynamic fights will come back, but seriously, looks at this (you can see the same for Mr. 1, Ohm, Kaku too):

And this is just one portion of the fight. THIS is what I'm talking about. THIS is wanted (want?) Zoro to fight a competent swordsman like potentially King because it brings back that intense dance of fighting. You can't really get that with Kaido. He doesn't have the same finesse and even swordsmanship. Not to mention, the sheer irony of not getting something like this in Wano of all places.

If its where he stays, oh well, we'll see what happens I guess.
But going with your hobby to count the pages, there are more pages already for Zoro vs Kaido than Zoro vs King.

Fr though, I agree. Zoro vs Hybrid King in a sword fight must be more exciting to read than Zoro helping some damages against that punching bag called Dragon Kaido.

I just took you at your word when you made that opening statement. It has an amazing ring to it as well. "My points are terrible and have headcanon" it's by far your best quote since joining this forum
Yea well atleast i concede my faults even if its under sarcasm... and not stubborn to the extent that i don't,and cover it up by wailing at others by calling their opinion head canon... which then again seems pathetic coz u can't prove em wrong :seriously:

BASICALLY A DISGRACE TI YOUR NAME. i recommend changing it.. Beckmann has better standards...even if they are off-paneled

But going with your hobby to count the pages, there are more pages already for Zoro vs Kaido than Zoro vs King.

Fr though, I agree. Zoro vs Hybrid King in a sword fight must be more exciting to read than Zoro helping some damages against that punching bag called Dragon Kaido.
Lol touche.

And thats honestly really all I'm saying here. That and just a partial concern he's going to get overshadowed by Luffy (because it happens to everyone)

big difference is kuzan has 0 swordsmanship skill
he was blocked by zoro and disarmed by sanji

meanwhile kizaru went toe to toe with ray
They just swung at eachother. It's still kizaru, one of the fastest fucks in the verse. He can block and swing at ray. It doesn't mean he has any real sword tech. He is still gona be fucking around, shooting beams all day, throwing kicks and being a overall asshole on a fight. Its not like he is gona say "time to get serious" and take out his sword when pushed by a non sword user.

can't believe that people are still taking things out of context and still generalizing :seriously:
It's not that far out of context. Sanji fought someone who we thought was near his level, Sanji got his shit snapped. That's pretty in fucking context bro. Why would we bother pitting someone clearly stronger than Sanji against him when he couldn't handle someone actually around his level

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Remember our earlier argument. People here are treading pretty thin ice if they think Zoro is going to overshadow Luffy in the arc where Luffy defeats a Yonko. Defeating a Yonko was never part of Zoro's path to WSS. Defeating a Yonko literally IS directly in the way of Luffy's path to becoming PK. This ONLY became a plot point for Zoro when he got Enma. You all know this. 350+ chapters of setup for Luffy, less than 60 for Zoro here.

Again, THATS the only reason why I've pitched Zoro vs King, because it at least means Zoro fights and wins against SOMEONE, not being the assisted attack to defeat a Yonko whom we all know Luffy is going to finish off himself. But sure, lets keep conflating it as a downgrade lol.

All this was spawned off my concern for Zoro getting shafted of a major fight and instead relegated to supporting Luffy in his. We all know where this fight is heading in 10/20/30 chapters. We all know that Luffy will pull out some broken powerup and it will once again overshadow Kid, Killer, Law, and Zoro.

This happens every fucking arc, especially with Law at Dressrosa, who's goal was to KILL DOFLAMINGO (wow sounds so familiar). Just laying the cards out, because there is clear notion of concern for this happening.
There wasnt any actual swordsman that would benefit zoro in this arc in the first place. King doesnt seem to be bother if he fighting in his zoan or with sword he is probably casual wielder. Zero benefit.

We got the biggest fish ( lol literally) in this arc and zoro will definitelu bloom more against Kaido than some fucking commander.

Drop that bitch ass idea. We have shiryu kizaru gandhi and Mihawk. Plenty of swordsman fights.

Yea well atleast i concede my faults even if its under sarcasm... and not stubborn to the extent that i don't,and cover it up by wailing at others by calling their opinion head canon... which then again seems pathetic coz u can't prove em wrong :seriously:
want people to know your sarcastic just put a "/s" at the end of your statement

You twist peoples words and use your headcanons in discussions and call them facts. A lot of people can attest to that.

So Zoro beating Big Mom while Luffy is beating Kaido is as good as Zoro fighting King, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.