Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah she could have an idea how Oden looked like, have you forgotten the dude has a wanted poster?
You need a lot more than a wanted poster to perfectly imitate a character. Heck, how would she know his voice or height for example?

On top of that there is still the biggest problem of all: We've literally seen her at the other end of the New World only a few days (in-manga time) ago and she would've literally had to infiltrate Onigashima all on her own by chance.

Trying to justify this being Devon just doesn't make any kind of sense from a logical standpoint. Way to many obstacles against it.

Okay guys i think its very likely its kanjuro based on this logic and studying the environment and the nature of the spoilers
Note that i am not saying its not possible its something else but just stating why its IMO likely its kanjuro

* Oden walks in on the scabbards + who ever was healing them

*That means him and who was healing them were not together. Alot of the assumption is that Oden was brought back by Toki and that Toki was the person healing the scabbards, But that cant be the case because if That the case then Oden would have been with Toki from the beginning and healed the scabbards with her. Instead of going in sperate ways.
* Oden is not wearing his war kimono you would think that if hes going to war he would wear his war kimono that he always wore ( I am talking about the style he wore it)

* Oden was shown dying there is no way for Tokis DF to bring him from the dead, So it had to have happened before he died, Either that or he cheated "death" by faking it, This cant be because Oden did stand in a boiling hot bowl for a hour even if he survived he would have had scars on his legs. So for that to happen it must have happened not only before he died but before he stood in the bowl.
* If Toki send Oden to the future there is no reason to send her husband back in time just for him to get tutored and die. If he traveled to the future and saved the future and everyone was alive and safe then him going back to just die would make no sense.
*Oden would have helped the scabbards earlier in the first attempt on taking kaido and not wait for him to weaken them and potentially kill them.
* Oden face expression doesnt feel like hes coming into a war zone but instead feels like hes care free which makes no sense.
* If Oden was going to the future then he wouldnt give his swords away because he would think he will use them again and instead of telling toki to give them away he would have told her to hide them for his return.
*From what we have been shown in the manga Tokis DF cant make people travel into the past but only the future.

- now why is it kunjaro? It would make more sense. First off it would explain these things:
1. Oden kimono being down and up in his usual war style. As a result of him not thinking this is important detail while drawing him.
2. Kunjaro knows about Enma and Ama which would allow him to draw an imitation of cheap fodder swords to throw the scabbards off, This way they would think that its really Oden because he knows about giving Enma and Ame away.
3- It would explain the weird timing. Like i said if it was Oden why not attack Kaido the first time with the scabbards when they were at full health? Instead he waited until they were weak.
4- This is why hes smiling with a weird face expression. Its similar to Kunjaro personality where hes care free and smiling always
5- Would explain why Oden was not healing the scabbards with the person behind the silhouette. And came on his own.

* Then why is Kunjaro doing this?
The only plausible and logical explanation is that Kunjaro realized somehow that the Scabbards are very weak and is trying to lure them into a trap by drawing an imitation of Oden. This could mean Orochi is alive aswell and is in this plan. This would explain why Momo has Ame. It would make way for Momo to go fight Orochi and beat him with Ame fulfulling Ame's will.
This would also mean that the other person is probably not Toki at all, But Probably Hiyori and that Hiyori might confront the fake imitation of her father.

What do you guys think? Does this make sense or nuh?
I really hope it's Kanjuro and Orochi trying to mess with the Scabbards.

I still bet on the " bring him for shorttime in the future and help Kinemon and co to fight Kaido only to die after the battle ends".
Devon have no point to Wano, would be to much out of context to have her alongside Hiyori/Toki. Onimaru wouldn't disrespect Oden and bringing up burnes souls like Kinemon or Hiyori via using a shapeshifting about a person with he never meet. Let say Hiyori? She wouldn't also wanna hurt the scabbards with the face of her father to bring them in crying she rather would reveal herself as Oden.

From all fake Oden arguments Kanjuro make the most sense, trying to trap the Scabbards. But again their was a women crying over the bodies of the Scabbards with I assume it is rather Hiyori or Toki.

But let say all that plot for fake Oden reveal(put Kanjuro by side) for only to come out Hiyori and Onimaru messing up? What is the point to reveal Oden in this way to end up in Hiyori, Oda know the fanbase would actually hate such trolling, who would give a fuck about Hiyori, why all the mystery about her if we already knowing her?

My bet is still that we see Toki crying over the Scabbards with healing them and after they fake up the summon Oden perfeclty for the war.
If its Kunjaro than its probably hiyrori and it has nothing with fake oden showing up. Fake oden only showed up to trap the scabbards maybe didnt even realize someone was with them.

And you won't accept the fact that the author himself confirmed monsters as canonical to one piece and will keep saying it's not just because you want it to not be?
Ah so you already backing off from my question and refuse to believe that what you're saying is just superficial hearsay.

The only thing making monsters "canon" is Oda's answer to a question in SBS vol. 47 about asking ONLY Ryuma's character being canon or not. Nowhere did he mention that the entire story of monsters is canon solely based off that answer.

But you can still play dumb if you want to act like everything from cowboys to pubs to television were the norm in Wano centuries ago.

I am 100% sure that the person we see in this chapter is definitely not Oden:

- let's start with the fact that even if the time travel theory is true, how do you explain that Oden was cooked and shot after Toki sent him into the future ???
- now, if Oden was still alive what he was doing for 20 years ???
- most of the Scabbards topics so far touched upon in the story would at this point become wholly or partially meaningless,
- if Kozuki Oden is really alive and well, then Kaido and BM are already dead.

:kriwhat::seriously::sus:

Why no Fukurokuju option? he seems like a good candidate.

We don't know his abilities, and Transformation Jutsu is a classic in ninjutsu (and i'm not talking about Naruto here). We also know he is inside Wano, he probably has met Oden in the past or has access to paitings / Orochi to tell him how he looked like. He also has the longer ears that could've been the original shadow. And his is MIA for now.
I also thought about ninjitsu, but then why did Oda go out of his way to use the Mane Mane when ninjitsu could have done the same job?

Didn't blackbeard and his crew all leave fullalead last intermission? They're heading somewhere "before the navy gets it"
Yes, but he didn't say he is gonna take everyone, he can still send one or two to Wano to spy on Kaido/BM Alliance & their fight against Supernova for a chance to steal some DFs or Poneglyphs just like he sent Burgess to Dressrosa

Status
Not open for further replies.