Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are arguing semantics the story of ryuma slaying a dragon just like it happened in monsters has been mentioned in one piece,
Monsters is canon whether you like it or not i have oda's own word and you don't and no amount of crying or saying that its just this part or that part that is cannon will ever change that
As expected, you choose to play dumb. I hope you can at least read-

Fan Question: Is the swordsman "Ryuma" who was once said to have defeated a dragon the very same Ryuma that starred in the short story "Monsters" from your collection volume entitled "Wanted!"?
Answer- Yes

This is the only source for your claim and if I would seriously doubt you reading comprehension if you still continue to claim that the whole story of monsters is canonical based on this question.

That’s a perfectly fine point about not learning any Void Century stuff through the scope of other characters, but I still think Toki deserved better treatment in the flashback as well as now. It just doesn’t seem like there’s any indication he’s gonna pick her back up and give her the portrayal she should have, but I guess Oda’s thrown us plenty of curveballs in the past.
Honestly, it doesn't feel like she's not meant to be relevant in the future. Setting her up as being from the Void Century holds no meaning if it isn't going to come into play at some point. Not to mention, she wasn't show to be killed in typical fashion of characters who are killed off in Flashbacks. We are just told that she died, and that has never been Oda's style when he actually kills off a character in a flashback. And the person who says she died, was Momonosuke, but how can he even know for certain when he was sent to the future? So it's not even like we are told she died from someone who actually witnessed it firsthand. The whole setup of the situation is just off.

Why is Catarina Devon even a thing here..?? Last we saw BB pirates they were off to somewhere steal take something before Navy does and I highly doubt their destination was Wano. Even Bon Clay appearing as Oden is more probable than that. lol
For me it's either Kanjuro's doing (totally can't redeem that shit) or actual Oden (which can play out in many possible fun ways if Oda plays it right).

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

Fan Question: Is the swordsman "Ryuma" who was once said to have defeated a dragon the very same Ryuma that starred in the short story "Monsters" from your collection volume entitled "Wanted!"?
Answer- Yes

This is the only source for your claim and if I would seriously doubt you reading comprehension if you still continue to claim that the whole story of monsters is canonical based on this question.
Whatever makes you feel better man i don't need to cope, and argue semantics just because you can't accept what has already been confirmed very ironic that you accuse people of lacking reading comprehension when you just read the answer you seek:suresure:

Answer- Yes

LOL, the irony.

Answer- Yes

The whole story of monsters is canon according to Oda.

What Oda thinks > What you think
Infact what you think is irrelevant compared to what Oda thinks when it comes to whats canon and whats not.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Honestly, it doesn't feel like she's not meant to be relevant in the future. Setting her up as being from the Void Century holds no meaning if it isn't going to come into play at some point. Not to mention, she wasn't show to be killed in typical fashion of characters who are killed off in Flashbacks. We are just told that she died, and that has never been Oda's style when he actually kills off a character in a flashback. And the person who says she died, was Momonosuke, but how can he even know for certain when he was sent to the future? So it's not even like we are told she died from someone who actually witnessed it firsthand. The whole setup of the situation is just off.
So what’s the point of bringing Oden back in this chapter? If we agree that Toki is meant to play a part in the story, what good does it do any of us to “revive” her husband first? If it’s for the emotional gut punch the Scabbards will probably be reeling from when we see the rest of their interaction, then that’s all good and well, but I think they’d be even more surprised to learn that Toki was still alive for the reasons you stated above. They watched Oden get boiled and gunned down, but without actual confirmation of Toki’s passing, her return could mean just as much to them and Wano as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.