Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or at least someone who knows him. This is why I can entirely be Kanjuro.

I was thinking a temporarily time displaced Oden would be possible too but....:

- Anything after his boiling makes zero sense for Toki send him to the future. He was confirmed dead by multiple villains there. Yamato even confirmed his death and her whole character is essentially his living will

- If it's before his fight with Kaido that he was "sent" to the future, he would have Enma and Ame, regardless of the fact that they already exist in the future, because he fought Kaido with them

- The fact that this person opened the door, leads me to believe that not a "past" projection of Oden from Toki at all, should he even be able to interact with physical objects then?

I feel like it being truly Oden (alive or a projection from some other point in time) makes it WAY to confusing to explain to people what's going on. This I feel Kanjuro is the most likely bet, followed by maybe Toki or Hiyori, but they could just play roles later. Onimaru to me makes no sense because he doesn't know Oden really. He was loyal to Ushimaru and knew Kawamatsu only. Its not like he knew how Oden acted around his retainers.

Tldr: My best bet is Kanjuro trying to "fit in" with the scabbards because he has nowhere left to go. We will get a gag and someone will beat his ass for doing said gag, then he will apologize saying he wants to live for real now.
I’m still on the Fukurokujo train, planning to kill the scabbards, but seeing them alive he plans to confuse and then debilitate them.

He knew oden however, not too closely which would explain the kimono length. I think Kanjuro wouldn’t put Oden in a big kimono

One Piece Should be about the adventure

The Focus on Fights made it worse because Oda sucks at fights
the adventure got thrown out the window, since the crew meeting with rayliegh the crew become like mutes that doesn't even try to understand what happens in the world, they don't ask questions nor demand explanations. and oda became more stingy with information. and luffy became the center of the universe.

NOPE....
It's just about the arrangement of pages for double spreads, I'll give you examples.... Tell me what's the difference between this Rayleigh double spread and Chopper in is chapter? regarding the arrangement of panels

Dude, back then not just the art but the writing was different, it was so much better. Because of that a Russian theory of 'Oda being dead' was born. At first it was a joke since people weren't happy the way things are, but now, they're some pepole in Russian speaking communities who believe that Oda is dead and another author is pretending to be him.

The Luffy & co show during the past decade will always be a huge mistake. Instead of having all the straw hats grow organically Oda chose to focus Luffy and some arc only allies and now some of them will go from defeating fishman fodders to defeating yonkou vets without clear in-between. Over half the crew still don't have any type of haki awakened, isn't that crazy? Dedicating 5 full chapters on Luffy destroying fodders for the tenth time every arc wasn't the best idea.

J

Jo_Ndule

Translation: “Hi I’m Oda, Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I’m watching OP Super Stage with you. Its fun, indeed. Actually, I visit Jump Festa every year to have dinner with Strawhat’s VA after Jump Festa.

By the way, One Piece will finally enter Wano Arc next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, “You said the same thing last year, right?” Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time, I’d like to add new information.

I’ll introduce one of the legends that lurks in the One Piece world. The greatest enemy ever for the Strawhats will hinder them on their journey. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I’m being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look “cute” compared to that?

Anyway, there are tons of stuff that I wanna draw next year as well. I’ll keep moving forward with my full force! I’m sure you’re gonna love it!

-Eiichiro Oda”

from yonkou on tumblr. he said he was adding new information because he said the same thing about Wano last year, then said he's going to introduce a character who might be related to whitebeard who will be the straw hats greatest enemy, making marineford look cute. its after he said something about wano but it isnt actually about wano.
That legend is Rocks as a crew , and also Xebec

He was hyping Wano and the last war to be better than MF

Stop defending Oda

Dude, back then not just the art but the writing was different, it was so much better. Because of that a Russian theory of 'Oda being dead' was born. At first it was a joke since people weren't happy the way things are, but now, they're some pepole in Russian speaking communities who believe that Oda is dead and another author is pretending to be him.
We literally have leaked pictures of him at a restaurant from like last year or the year prior. Hes alive lmao

the adventure got thrown out the window, since the crew meeting with rayliegh the crew become like mutes that doesn't even try to understand what happens in the world, they don't ask questions nor demand explanations. and oda became more stingy with information. and luffy became the center of the universe.
The Strawhats became cardboard characters that barely have a personality. People will say they were always one dimensional. Which is true but they at least still felt like actual people back then

J

Jo_Ndule

It's not meant to. It's just meant to be a cool moment for Chopper where Queen get's punished for being such a bad guy.

Marco is there to account for Chopper being way weaker, but that's as far as Oda thought it through when it comes to power levels :milaugh:
Lol

It all adds up
G3 made p1 bleed and cout cold
(Luffy didn't even extend his arm properly so the attack didn't have much momentum)
G3 KOed Chopper
Chopper Made Queen bleed

You overrated Queen and Marco that's all

J

Jo_Ndule

Wait what?!

Dude, back then not just the art but the writing was different, it was so much better. Because of that a Russian theory of 'Oda being dead' was born. At first it was a joke since people weren't happy the way things are, but now, they're some pepole in Russian speaking communities who believe that Oda is dead and the author is pretending to be him.
No, you're not getting my point LOL
I'm not talking about art, I can live with current art... my issue is that Double Spreads arrangement in panels are screwing the experience for the reader... meaning, we are reading Manga pages from Right side to Left side.... Oda lately has been using a LOT of big highlight hype panels on the Left side, which is BAD and ruins the experience for the reader.... I believe a surprise big hype highlight panel should be placed on the right... like Rayleigh scene here or Shanks-Akainu scene... where the moment shocks the viewer once he turns the page...

But Chopper scene for example, there are a whole few small panels on the right side, which should be viewed and read before the Chopper hitting Queen... however, when we turn on this page, we see the main highlight of Queen getting punched by Chopper BEFORE we read the smaller panels on the right side, which are setting things up for it...

That's a big issue I think One Piece has been doing a lot with MANY big highlight moments.... where it feels like you get spoiled before you watch the full scene... do you get me?
Post automatically merged:

@draganax refer to this comment

I'm not talking about art, I can live with current art... my issue is that Double Spreads arrangement in panels are screwing the experience for the reader... meaning, we are reading Manga pages from Right side to Left side.... Oda lately has been using a LOT of big highlight hype panels on the Left side, which is BAD and ruins the experience for the reader.... I believe a surprise big hype highlight panel should be placed on the right... like Rayleigh scene here or Shanks-Akainu scene... where the moment shocks the viewer once he turns the page...

But Chopper scene for example, there are a whole few small panels on the right side, which should be viewed and read before the Chopper hitting Queen... however, when we turn on this page, we see the main highlight of Queen getting punched by Chopper BEFORE we read the smaller panels on the right side, which are setting things up for it...

That's a big issue I think One Piece has been doing a lot with MANY big highlight moments.... where it feels like you get spoiled before you watch the full scene... do you get me?

@draganax refer to this comment
Now that you point it out I can see it. 🤔

Yep, that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.