What series are you watching ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Just saw Carole and Tuesday the new thing of the creator of cowboy bebop.

It is crazy how we can feel things with this guy.

The story in his shows is not always on point but it is always far from being important. In Cowboy, in Champloo or in this one the story can be classic or messy or absurd but you feel something and the characters and music bring some life. We can see them doing nothing or just sit or talk but it stays good.

This one is not at Bebop level but some songs are good and there is Watanabe touch.

If I have to give a mark : 13,5 - 14/20

Just saw Carole and Tuesday the new thing of the creator of cowboy bebop.

It is crazy how we can feel things with this guy.

The story in his shows is not always on point but it is always far from being important. In Cowboy, in Champloo or in this one the story can be classic or messy or absurd but you feel something and the characters and music bring some life. We can see them doing nothing or just sit or talk but it stays good.

This one is not at Bebop level but some songs are good and there is Watanabe touch.

If I have to give a mark : 13,5 - 14/20
Currently in the process of watching this. Really nice and laid back anime and pretty enjoyable so far.

Recently I have been watching a bunch of Korean Dramas:
Currently finished as well Persona on Netflix UI's new series. Pretty nice thought in many cases I didn't knew what was going on it was a fun watch is a mix of four totally different short films about 24 minutes long:

Finished as well Hotel Del Luna another recent-ish IU drama liked it a lot, if you like romance and fantasy stuff I recommend it.
And right now at this moment watching Vagabond on Netflix is an action international spy kind of Korean drama. Episode 3 at this very moment.

I am currently watching Genndy Tartakovski's latest animated series Primal, a very special cartoon with harsh realism, a lot of violence and gore in a violent prehistoric world which can give you nightmares but also with a lot of positive emotions like when you see the bond with the caveman Spear and the T-Rex Fang, the true empathy and love that even prehistoric animals can feel and give, a moment of hope where Spear sees a vision of his deceased family in the sun that gives him the strength to keep Moving, etc...

T

Tangerine

Watching Ouroboros - now on episode 6. It's a J-drama about two orphans whose loving teacher/ home caretaker was murdered. They grow up and one becomes a cop while the other joins the yakuza. Together they try to find out the truth of the past

Finished as well Hotel Del Luna another recent-ish IU drama liked it a lot, if you like romance and fantasy stuff I recommend it.
two of my friends are so addicted to this!! they always talk about this whenever they get a chance, even in group chats xD

Watching Ouroboros - now on episode 6. It's a J-drama about two orphans whose loving teacher/ home caretaker was murdered. They grow up and one becomes a cop while the other joins the yakuza. Together they try to find out the truth of the past

two of my friends are so addicted to this!! they always talk about this whenever they get a chance, even in group chats xD
With good reason Hotel Del Luna is amazing!!! really high quality special effects, interesting plot, and amazing cast specially IU man she is so beautiful and an amazing actress!!

Oroboros is nice watched it back on 2015 when it released. I haven't watched many J-dramas but Oroboros is one of the best of the ones that I have watched! Good action, good mystery, great concept and and great characters!! If you have the chance take a look at the manga as well!!!

T

Tangerine

With good reason Hotel Del Luna is amazing!!! really high quality special effects, interesting plot, and amazing cast specially IU man she is so beautiful and an amazing actress!!

Oroboros is nice watched it back on 2015 when it released. I haven't watched many J-dramas but Oroboros is one of the best of the ones that I have watched! Good action, good mystery, great concept and and great characters!! If you have the chance take a look at the manga as well!!!
How about its romance aspect? I am not much into dramas with romance and I remember my friends feeling giddy about it. Not sure if it's just because they find the MC hot or something else:sus: The K-dramas I've liked so far are Class of Lies and Criminal Minds which do not have that haha

Oh no, I finished Ouroboros last Saturday night and it got me researching about the manga lol turns out it has a different ending :feelsokeman: but yes, agree with everything you said. I really loved the acting of the cast and the concept is great! So many plot twists too

How about its romance aspect? I am not much into dramas with romance and I remember my friends feeling giddy about it. Not sure if it's just because they find the MC hot or something else:sus: The K-dramas I've liked so far are Class of Lies and Criminal Minds which do not have that haha

Oh no, I finished Ouroboros last Saturday night and it got me researching about the manga lol turns out it has a different ending :feelsokeman: but yes, agree with everything you said. I really loved the acting of the cast and the concept is great! So many plot twists too
O it has romance and it is core to the plot... don't want to get into detail because spoilers. But Romance is a big part of Hotel del Luna tho

If you are looking for Kdramas without much romance it will be hard... But you could try an watch: Healer, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, The K2, Kill it, Vagabond,

While most of them have romance in them, I would said the action and other plots devices are more important to the over all plot. But check them out you don't lose anything if they have to much romance sorry in advance hahahahaha!!

S

stealthblack

hope HBO makes a big budget justice League tv series, since they belong to same company as wb. they need to step up their game with disney plus going out with all their marvel/star wars shows.

Yes Minister and its sequel Yes Prime Minister !

An excellent satire and documentary on the british governement and governments in general, on bureaucracy and politics. Served by excellent actors such as Paul Eddington as the new idealitistic, honnest and naive new minister Jim Hacker or Nigel Hawthorne as the eloquent but also cynical and manipulate secretary Sir Humphrey who's dedicated to maintain the status quo and bureaucracy in the british government.
It has some of the best dialogues I have ever seen :

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yes Minister and its sequel Yes Prime Minister !

An excellent satire and documentary on the british governement and governments in general, on bureaucracy and politics. Served by excellent actors such as Paul Eddington as the new idealitistic, honnest and naive new minister Jim Hacker or Nigel Hawthorne as the eloquent but also cynical and manipulate secretary Sir Humphrey who's dedicated to maintain the status quo and bureaucracy in the british government.
It has some of the best dialogues I have ever seen :
I don't know this show (maybe give it a try) but if you want something similar "The Thick of it" is awesome.

T

Tangerine

O it has romance and it is core to the plot... don't want to get into detail because spoilers. But Romance is a big part of Hotel del Luna tho

If you are looking for Kdramas without much romance it will be hard... But you could try an watch: Healer, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, The K2, Kill it, Vagabond,

While most of them have romance in them, I would said the action and other plots devices are more important to the over all plot. But check them out you don't lose anything if they have to much romance sorry in advance hahahahaha!!
Oh I'm gonna have to pass, lol 😂 I might try Kill It and Vagabond :memehm: thanks for the recs xD