Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another person it could possibly be, that I haven't seen discussed, is Tenguyama. In Japanese Mythology, the Tengu are capable of Shapeshifting into anyone or anything. It would also make sense for Tengu to have accompanied Tama to Onigashima, because he is her caretaker. Also, the Nidai Kitetsu needs to play a role in all this before Wano's end as well. So I can see Tenguyama possible being a Tengu Devil Fruit user, much like Tama and Tenguyama's teapot being a Tanuki Devil Fruit user. Perhaps the Teapot being given a shapeshifting Devil Fruit was meant to serve as a clue to the potential ability of it's owner.

Another person it could possibly be, that I haven't seen discussed, is Tenguyama. In Japanese Mythology, the Tengu are capable of Shapeshifting into anyone or anything. It would also make sense for Tengu to have accompanied Tama to Onigashima, because he is her caretaker. Also, the Nidai Kitetsu needs to play a role in all this before Wano's end as well. So I can see Tenguyama possible being a Tengu Devil Fruit user, much like Tama and Tenguyama's teapot being a Tanuki Devil Fruit user. Perhaps the Teapot being given a shapeshifting Devil Fruit was meant to serve as a clue to the potential ability of it's owner.
I think the more important question is why not who. Unless we don't know the why. Who doesn't matter.
Tenguyam from Being Tsukiyaki to Oden. :vistalaugh:

On a completely unrelated note
Raizo ate the Maki Maki no Mi, a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows him to create and manipulate scrolls. The scrolls can grow in size and unroll as long as he pleases. Raizo also has the ability to seal and store objects inside them and later release them. Since Raizo is unaware of Devil Fruits, he refers to this power as Maki Maki no Jutsu (巻々マキマキの術?).[21]
Dafuq I only just realized this :saitahu:

I think the more important question is why not who. Unless we don't know the why. Who doesn't matter.
Tenguyam from Being Tsukiyaki to Oden. :vistalaugh:
Trying to figure out the why is much easier than figuring out the who at the moment, but is the key to figuring out the who. There is only a couple logical reasons as to why someone would approach the Scabbards with the appearance of Oden, and those reasons could only fit specific characters.

"Past Oden being sent to the future" theory doesn't work, as he'd need to go back to the past afterwards for the following events (his death, etc.) to occur. But we know for a fact Toki can't go back in time.

The only thing I can think of besides the Onimaru theory is that Hiyori ate a DF which allows her to summon dead people's spirit for a limited amount of time or something like that. Terrible idea in my opinion, but we never know.

but they already were prepared to that.
Still, they could use some form of motivation, I mean they've just received a severe ass beating at the hands of the man they've been waiting to kill for 20 years. And they feel like they let down Oden, as Kinemon himself said earlier. Leaders always pump up soldiers before a big battle, even if they're already willing to give their life.

Even if its a risky move from Oda and also can he pull it off without spoiling the flashback. I think it has to be the real Oden, else it doesn't make sense and its just there for shock value to troll the readers, that would be awful. Toki seemed convinced that he wouldn't die, i don't know.

Ok, I need to get this out of my shoulders...
The idea that Gykamaru/Onimaru wants to boost the scabbards moral is an absolute blasphemy. First of all, let's look at the scabbards in this chapter...

Do they look to you demoralized, at least a little bit? The scabbards have no lack of motivation at all. Let me reapet this for you couple of times: the scabbards have no lack of motivation–the scabbards have no lack of motivation. As matter of fact, they are overly–motivated, so much so, that dispite the fact that they haven't fully recovered yet they still wanna fight back. The scabbards came here ready do die, every single one of them is more then enough ready to die for this war and for Wano country. Again guys, the scabbards have no lack of motivation, at all.

Gykamaru (from what we've seen) is very respectful when it comes to Wano's history, swords, Samurais etc. For him to turn into Oden and/or pretend to be him is a huge disrespect to not just to the Wano pepole but mostly to the scabbards themselves. The scabbards are grieving for Oden and Gykamaru pretending to be him is just pouring salt into their wounds. The memories of Oden will rather demoralize them instead of boosting their moral, it doesn't make sense, it simply doesn't.
Now let's look at what Kawamatsu said;

Kawamatsu has been taking care of Hyori for quite some time, he knows how Hyori looks like. Kawamatsu has also met Hyori with Zoro so he knows how adult Hyori looks like as well. Kawamatsu says "there's no way it was real" but why? Why would Kawamatsu say something like this about Hyori that's alive and healthy, just because Hyori isn't in onigashima shouldn't supris Kawamatsu that much since Hyori could have just snuck in at some point. The words "there's no way" means or strongly hints that that person is ether dead or isn't in Wano at all. Oda spiceficly chose Kawamatsu for this scene since he's the one who met adult Hyori and knows her look, he can easily recognize her.

Conclusion: when it comes to logic Gykamaru doesn't make sense, at all. But unfortunately we've seen that Oda will cross any lines just to surprise the audience. He will lie, he will write one plot into completely different plot whiteout any foreshadowings or hints, all just for sake of doing something that we don't expect. So no matter what I say everything is possible in Oda's one piece.

The way he appeared makes me think it's fake
If he was the real deal Oda would have given him a hype moment for his comeback like stopping or one shoting Jack not just coming in the room and say hi
But i haven't seen a really good theory for who this fake guy is
Devon, Onimaru, Fukurokujo are not logical
Kanjuro could be but he has to be stupid to do this

Last edited:
Kanjuro could be but he has to stupid to do this
Exactly, like what do you think will the scabbards ask Oden first? I can bet you they will all surprised say "how did you survive and what were you doing all this time etc." And that would immidetly expose Kanjuro. If Kanjuro was stupid type of character then I'd I'd buy it but he isn't. Oda needs to completely destroy Kanjiru's character for it to be him.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oden said that he is guaranteed to die....Kaido shot Oden in the head 20 years ago and his body was left in the pot...Oden told Toki to send the Scabbards 20 years into the future if he dies.

Hiyori was able to escape Kaido and Toki could send the Scabbards into the future but she herself stayed behind for some reason. Its odd that she would let herself be killed for no reason.

However, how was she able to bring Oden to the present? People say she did it when Oden was in his cell but why is it temporary? She said she can only send things forward in time and not the reverse. If its temporary, how come she never returned to her original timeline? Should half the Scabbards go back?

Still, they could use some form of motivation, I mean they've just received a severe ass beating at the hands of the man they've been waiting to kill for 20 years. And they feel like they let down Oden, as Kinemon himself said earlier. Leaders always pump up soldiers before a big battle, even if they're already willing to give their life.
If something of that sort is to be done, it needs to be done for all of wano not just scabbards. And the scabbards definitely dont need motivation, they are already ready to go fight again as they say in the chapter itself.

Oden said that he is guaranteed to die....Kaido shot Oden in the head 20 years ago and his body was left in the pot...Oden told Toki to send the Scabbards 20 years into the future if he dies.

Hiyori was able to escape Kaido and Toki could send the Scabbards into the future but she herself stayed behind for some reason. Its odd that she would let herself be killed for no reason.

However, how was she able to bring Oden to the present? People say she did it when Oden was in his cell but why is it temporary? She said she can only send things forward in time and not the reverse. If its temporary, how come she never returned to her original timeline? Should half the Scabbards go back?
Before I get into the main point, I wanna say that I don't believe that travelling back in time is possible. Some people believe In it but i don't, so being said that let me propose something.

So, like I said in the spoilers thread, the explanation of Toki's DF ability was very generic. Devil Fruits usually have multiple abilities or subcategories of one ability. The best example of this is Law's DF which has multiple abilities in one package, but if Law just said that his DF allows him to make operations/surgeries then we would never even guess that Law can use teleportation.
Based on that, I believe that Toki's DF ability is not the time travel but the time freezing ability. I don't think that Toki's DF allows you to jump in time otherwise you'd be able to travel back in time too, but Toki clearly said that traveling back is impossible. So, I believe, that Toki's primary DF ability is to freeze the time, which allows objects or humans to not age, which on its own, allows them to stay the same as they were before the time was frozen. Kiping that in mind, thecniquely it would be possible for Toki to freeze the time for Oden so that his process of dying would be stopped or slowed down. Then, Toki would heal Oden from his enjures and they would come up with some plan, I think so🤔... but the most interesting part here is this👇

Hitetsu said that he was waiting for someone, he's also a blacksmith, while Oden has new pair of blades with him. I wonder if this two things are connected to each other...

The way he appeared makes me think it's fake
If he was the real deal Oda would have given him a hype moment for his comeback like stopping or one shoting Jack not just coming in the room and say hi
But i haven't seen a really good theory for who this fake guy is
Devon, Onimaru, Fukurokujo are not logical
Kanjuro could be but he has to be stupid to do this
Kanjuro is genuinely insane and only cares about stories, roles, and endings. Orochi took his ending and planned death away from him so he's ad libbing and trying to come up with twists.

Imo this is like a Sogeking thing and he faked his death and is trying to help disguised as Oden. Both the silhouette AND oden could be the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.