Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
''Toki I lost but I have a cool plan, send me to the future without my best blades, trust me it'll work out''
Time travel theorists are really out there. Bringing Oden back goes against the core of the series (Inherited Will) which is also the main framework of this arc.
Fr lol, I mean, he wouldn't have his blades but us, the readers, we know that there are 5 supernovas but we also know that there are two yonkos in the same place, so sending Oden to the future without knowing what would happen in said future is basically sending him to die again.

I would be massively disappointed if it's the real one for two reasons:
1) It takes away from his heroic death.Oda is already known for refusing to just kill characters off, but this would be too much.
2) He is too strong.He can take on an emperor by himself, and I doubt anyone wants to see a 5 v 1 against the other emperor lol.
If that is the real Oden he is using plain normal swords which would nerf him considerably unless he goes to the rooftop to tell Zoro 'hey, give me my sword back'. Weird, and if he is the Oden post torture he should have a lot of scars in his body. If it is pre torture he should be carrying Ame and Enma while he is wearing his combat Kimono. Also, if he knows that they are in a battle why is he smiling looking sl careless? It doesn't make sense at all.

2) He is too strong.He can take on an emperor by himself, and I doubt anyone wants to see a 5 v 1 against the other emperor lol.
From Garp Tekkai:
The rooftop battle is close to impossible to win for those guys. Big Mom barely did something. Kaido in base could have already speedblitzed everyone who's there, bar Luffy, into a coma.
Hybrid Kaido is already hardly beatable by himself and that's him not even showing what his awakening can do. Same with Big Mom and her different stages of power: She's gonna show her awakening abilities aswell, which are most likely far superior to the stuff we've already seen.

With a legend like Oden there we can see how he fares against that hybrid (+awakened) form and how Zoro and Luffy compare to him.
I didn't know I needed this, before it actually happened. Now I really want that stuff to happen.
Base Kaido didn´t do anything, just want to see the powers of the Sn, Dragon Kaido is his jobber form, Big mom was just trolling hard.
None of them are fighting serious yet and now let say Hybrid Kaido is already enough for the Sn to get clapped, how the hell they gonna fight awakenend Kaido then? Im sure Kaido gonna pull out awakening. Big mom didn´t use yet her equal to Kaido hybrid, neither she even start of awakening. If they show so far what Bullet do in stampede, probably even better, then hell no they gonna get defeated even in a 5vs1 fight.

BM could still get stall by the Navy later, Oden could fight and push Kaido to awakenend, hurt him enough(weak him).
Chapter 970 was a very big major event, hyped up for Kaido to get his single scar, from event lvl it was close to BB vs Ace. But Oda rush it and not show much of both Oden and Kaido. Oden could help very much the alliance at the rooftop. Probably they need right now every help what they could get.

From Garp Tekkai:

Base Kaido didn´t do anything, just want to see the powers of the Sn, Dragon Kaido is his jobber form, Big mom was just trolling hard.
None of them are fighting serious yet and now let say Hybrid Kaido is already enough for the Sn to get clapped, how the hell they gonna fight awakenend Kaido then? Im sure Kaido gonna pull out awakening. Big mom didn´t use yet her equal to Kaido hybrid, neither she even start of awakening. If they show so far what Bullet do in stampede, probably even better, then hell no they gonna get defeated even in a 5vs1 fight.

BM could still get stall by the Navy later, Oden could fight and push Kaido to awakenend, hurt him enough(weak him).
Chapter 970 was a very big major event, hyped up for Kaido to get his single scar, from event lvl it was close to BB vs Ace. But Oda rush it and not show much of both Oden and Kaido. Oden could help very much the alliance at the rooftop. Probably they need right now every help what they could get.
And what are they going to do with Oden after that? I think you dont realize the paradox that might happen if oden suddenly vanishes from the past. A lot of future events that happened might not even take place. And now it is an Oden that doesn't even have his own swords. What is he going to do, search foe Ame and then ask zoro to give enma back? I agree Oden would be useful but time travel always brings a lot of plot holes and nonsense, just look at Endgame. Marvel used time travel to solve everything and instead of solving the problem more problems came.

Still wrong. We just said before why he isn't from the future
I didn't say future, also I don't really know if he is the real deal or not but it would be funny if he was also it kinda make sense a bit to.
Momonosuke is to young to rule over wano, after this massive war the country will be weaken. Now he has a way stronger force against kaido.

But again how knows if he is real.

Bringing time travel is a very bad idea if the author doesn't know how to manage it, most of them tend to break their own rules messing everyrhing up. The first thing that oda introduced us is that they can't go in the past, bringin someone that powerful suddenly would cause a lot of mess in the world.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't say future, also I don't really know if he is the real deal or not but it would be funny if he was also it kinda make sense a bit to.
Momonosuke is to young to rule over wano, after this massive war the country will be weaken. Now he has a way stronger force against kaido.

But again how knows if he is real.
If I am not wrong Momo didn't age because of the fruit or something weird. Oda just needs to revert him at the age that he should have. Plus Hiyori is still there and she is old enough to rule over wano at least till they fix Momo's age. And well, I don't see what's funny about him being the real Oden. 'Look, the guy that Kaido boiled is still alive and he is helping the Sn LMAO I can not stop laughing it is so funny to see someone coming back to life lol.' Indeed, it sounds very fun for everyone. And yes it would make a lot of sense to send the strongest samurai in the future without his best swords. He doesn't need two well known swords, just give him to common swords and that's it, doesn't matter.

Last edited:
And what are they going to do with Oden after that? I think you dont realize the paradox that might happen if oden suddenly vanishes from the past.
Salah already had a point, it could be Oden who get creat by Toki power who vanish after a certain time.
Or my theory that Toki use her power on the Oden who was in the cell, she teleport him 20years into the future(probably days before the raid start) and he vanished or co back when the certain timelimit end.
Like a hourglass, Oden can only stay for a certain time in the future and must go back:

After the time pass he go back into the past. It would be different as what Toki said, in case Oden would not travel into the past but into the future for a certain time and come back after the time pass.

It would be like with the infinity stones from Endgame, the stones(Oden) go intoo the future and get put back in the past with meaning it liike they never be away in first place:

In the end Oden would stay dead, we can´t ignore that we have multiple hints who could implied that Oden get travel to the future.

From Garp Tekkai:

I disagree.The Katakuri fight also seemed beyond impossible and Luffy pulled through.He was getting no-low diffed and managed to close the gap mid fight.
We have Kid who has done nothing so far and I doubt Oda will leave him like that.Law and killer will also show their strongest attacks soon.
As for Zoro, he is still far from going all out too.There are so many of his techniques that he still hasn't shown, and of course Asura which is going to be beastly.
Of course there's also Luffy who will soon show a new Gear/Technique as he always does in big Post-TS fights.
This fight is far from impossible to win.Adding a Top Tier will only hurt the plot.

I disagree.The Katakuri fight also seemed beyond impossible and Luffy pulled through.He was getting no-low diffed and managed to close the gap mid fight.
The thing was, Luffy could defeat Katakuri with G4, we literally see G4 could damage Katakuri hard, the problem was overall FS with Luffy overcome. And we know if Luffy can find a way to pass FS, he could damage and defeat Katakuri.
But Kaido encounter is total a different case, Oda make it clear in chapter 923 Kaido was a different lvl.

When Luffy use Snakeman and FS, we see a equal match.
Luffy learn Adv CoA to overcome Kaido durability/Skin who is like the FS of Katakuri.
But the different already start that Kaido is more then just his hard skin, Luffy could damage him finally and what? It is like Kaido is top fit while Luffy and co already are exhausted, Kaido was playing with them, not serious(unlike Kata who take Luffy serious and fight with 100%). Kaido is different, he is like Freeza, you though you can finally match him via a powerup and he reveal everytime a new form....

Let assume he also has really a third form ala awakening and let assume Kaido in hybrid already finish the SN, what would this overall mean? That is almost impossible for Luffy to win against Kaido while he using his awakening form, at least without help. They can be happy that Big mom is just joking around too. Do we really think how this could end if Kaido fight seriously with named attacks? FS Luffy barely dodge Base Kaido, thunder Bague can one shot them... He beat of the Scabbards with just swing his club right and left without using any technique...

It is really hard to believe that Luffy can win here without help. Against Katakuri we see that Luffy can hurt him and beat him. However Kaido is like in ever stage league above Luffy. That is not funny anymore, to beat Kaido Luffy would need soo so so many powerups...
And that is the problem, probably Hybrid Kaido already beat them down, now imagine awakening Kaido...

Kaido tank attacks right and left since the raid begin and the dude looks totally clean, as if he never take any attack.
Katakuri FS was op, but we know if Luffy could overcome FS he could fight him back. However how is he now fight back when his hard training with Adv CoA can´t hurt Kaido much as we though at the begin. This men laugh off after taking Gk, he take so many attacks and still stand like it nothing happen to him. With Kaido, oda make it clear that he not use the usually "Luffy attacking with a strong punch to win" methode, this time however it will be probably the hardest match ever. And i doubt 5Sn are enough to beat Kaido...

Status
Not open for further replies.