Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
:seriously:I just want this arc to wrap up. :josad:

This is how I look going 3 years on Wano

Yall gotta relate with me no? @Jew D. Boy @Seth @bennbeckman
Is it me or wano just too damn long
We’ve been nearing critical mass for a while, and if Oda wants to wrap OP up in the next five years, he can’t spend two of those just stalling in Wano. That’s why I think (or at least I have to tell myself) that there won’t be an Act 4 or 5; with Kaido lifting Onigashima and taking it towards the Flower Capital, the urgency with which he and Big Mom have to be defeated increased a hundred times over. There’s no way they reach mainland Wano and crush half the citizenry, or the alliance loses and has to train for a rematch somehow...none of this shit makes any sense when you think about what’s actually happening in the story. If he truly wants to get out by 2025 or thereabouts, then this arc HAS to end before 2021 does, plain and simple. He’s put himself in a bad spot, because he can’t meet even that deadline without making some major plot points happen, and since the timeskip, he’s been visibly less and less capable of sticking the landing with that kind of thing. He CAN make it happen if he wants, but I’d trust Oda from even ten years ago more than I trust Oda today :emohiyo:

Pretty good. Tbh I'm not much of a stickler about per chapter accomplishments. However in the span of the ~5 chapters since we last saw the roof, we got:

- The Dango plotline payoff (whether you liked it or not is irrelevant, it was foreshadowed)
- Mystery person saving the Scabbards
- Jack recovering
- Robin and Brook's match, Sanji being freed
- Hyougoro taking care of the Mimiwarigumi and Onibawanshu (fodder, good riddance)
- Perospero taking care of Wanda/Carrot
- Marco vs Calamity fanservice
- Chopper curing the Oni virus and hitting Queen
- Kanjuro and Orochi being alive.

So much as happened that when I look at this chapter in relevance to the past one, it does work that has been set up by the story. All of the above either is relevant to what Oda has put into for the plot, regardless if people like it or not.

All I hope is the next 5-10 chapters continues to move along the plot nicely. Namely revealing the rest of the Numbers, giving Sanji and Chopper their official matches, starting every other match properly, seeing who Yamato ends up fighting (either Kaido straight up or maybe Jack?), where the Scabbards go off to, and how all of this factors into Onigashima crashing to Wano.

Tons of stuff needs to happen.

But yeah I liked the chapter. I like most chapters lol
I think Chopper is actually gonna fight Queen, but he will have help from the Yakuza bosses and all the Beast Pirates he converted to his side, plus Marco is weakening Queen a bit. My second guess would be Chopper vs Perospero, but Oda had the opportunity to set up Chopper vs Perospero in the chapter literally named after Chopper and didn’t go for it, instead showing Chopper vs Queen, so I’m assuming Chopper will play a key role in Queen’s defeat. Carrot will come back and beat Perospero. Oda having Perospero taunt Carrot after beating her is a classic storytelling setup for the good guy to come back and beat up the cocky asshole. The moon will shine through the mansion after Orochi’s fires burn it away, and Sulong Carrot will beat Perospero.

Sanji will fight King imo, though Queen is obviously also a likely matchup. Yamato could go straight to Kaido, though she could give Jack a quick beating if Jack fights Inu solo and beats him. If Neko comes back to help Inu, the Dukes will beat Hybrid Jack by using Sulong. If Neko doesn’t come back, Inu obviously loses and someone else needs to take care of Jack.

Ashura’s big role was stopping Fake Oden from killing the scabbards. He was already in a critical condition, and then he got stabbed through the chest and hit by a point blank Pedro-style explosion, so he’s done for the rest of the arc probably.

I think the matchups are:
Raizo vs Fukurokuju
Kinemon vs Kanjuro
Izo and Kiku vs Numbers 6 and 9
Denjiro, Kawamatsu, and Neko vs Numbers 1, 2, and 3
Usopp vs P1
Nami vs Ulti
Franky vs Sasaki
Robin and Brook vs Black Maria (still hoping Oda somehow has Brook take over for Jinbe)
Jinbe vs WsW
Inu vs Jack, followed by Yamato vs Jack, where she goes full Zoan to finish him off and then goes to Kaido
Chopper, Yakuza bosses, and Pleasures vs Queen
Sanji vs King
Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer, Law, Drake, Apoo, Hawkins, and Yamato (9 shadows) vs Kaido.
Big Mom gets O-Lin’d

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
We’ve been nearing critical mass for a while, and if Oda wants to wrap OP up in the next five years, he can’t spend two of those just stalling in Wano. That’s why I think (or at least I have to tell myself) that there won’t be an Act 4 or 5; with Kaido lifting Onigashima and taking it towards the Flower Capital, the urgency with which he and Big Mom have to be defeated increased a hundred times over. There’s no way they reach mainland Wano and crush half the citizenry, or the alliance loses and has to train for a rematch somehow...none of this shit makes any sense when you think about what’s actually happening in the story. If he truly wants to get out by 2025 or thereabouts, then this arc HAS to end before 2021 does, plain and simple. He’s put himself in a bad spot, because he can’t meet even that deadline without making some major plot points happen, and since the timeskip, he’s been visibly less and less capable of sticking the landing with that kind of thing. He CAN make it happen if he wants, but I’d trust Oda from even ten years ago more than I trust Oda today :emohiyo:
Come on we got a lot to look forward to in wano even now.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Come on we got a lot to look forward to in wano even now.
I never said we didn’t, and I wanna see all of it, but how much longer does it realistically need to take? The next chapter will be the 100th in this arc, and two chapters after that will make this the longest of the series; it won’t be over anywhere near that quickly, so honestly, how much longer do we need to drag things out and tease shit with silhouettes and other tricks of that caliber?

People said a chunk of the Fanbase departed after dealing with Dressrosa Fatigue. I’m wondering if the same case is happening with Wano.

I understand the island encroaching Wano increases the stakes, but everything else inside lacks tension.

Ffs, Tama an eight year old is clowning Beast Pirate executives. And Momonosuke is capping about saving his people.

I liked the chapter. I like most chapters lol. Say what you will about Oda, but he moves shit along in the context of what he actually stuffs into an arc.
I asked to you cause I know this :myman:

- The Dango plotline payoff (whether you liked it or not is irrelevant, it was foreshadowed)
- Mystery person saving the Scabbards
- Jack recovering
- Robin and Brook's match, Sanji being freed
- Hyougoro taking care of the Mimiwarigumi and Onibawanshu (fodder, good riddance)
- Perospero taking care of Wanda/Carrot
- Marco vs Calamity fanservice
- Chopper curing the Oni virus and hitting Queen
- Kanjuro and Orochi being alive.

So much as happened that when I look at this chapter in relevance to the past ones, it does work that has been set up by the story. All of the above either is relevant to what Oda has put into for the plot, regardless if people like it or not.
We have:

- Rooftop, where was just hinted at the SNs preparing a tactic to "remove" one Emperor, we gotta wait for the official translations cause could be different if they are talking about "splitting" the two

- Castle (Scabbards vs Orochi plotline), here we have Inu vs Jack and Ashura out of the game (temporarily?) so Kin, Denjiro, Neko, Izo, Kiku and Raizo have to take care of Orochi, Fukurukuju and Kanjuro. I feel like could back up and go help Inu, which I can't see winning alone while injured and without moon, unless YamatoSanji rescues Inu

- Momo, Yamato, Shinobu are basically a walking 'unsolved' plot, the three of them have to split and join other plots at some point. For example: Yamato gets Jack/heads for the rooftop, Shinobu team up with Raizo against Fukurukuju (Oden ninjas vs Orochi's ninja leader), Momonosuke faces Orochi helped by those of the Scabbards who don't get Kanjuro

- Castle (SHs vs Tobiroppo plotline), here we have Jimbe vs Who's Who and Robin/Brook vs Black Maria, but most importantly Jimbe vs Who's Who. This fight was set in chapter 998 and we just got a glimpse of it when Sanji called Robin, we'll soon get to it and start developing the backstory between the two

- Live Floor, where Chopper just closed the Ice Oni business with Marco and Drake's help. Now we are entering a new stage of the battle and this scenario is particulary full of big names: King and Queen are the security here and have been fighting Marco while Drake was defending Chopper from Apoo. Now that Perospero has entered the room, how will the things change? Perospero is the real weight on the scale here, Apoo's decision is understimated too

- Towers (SHs vs Tobiroppo plotline), Franky vs Sasaki and Nami/Usop/Tama on the move, chased by Ulti and Page One while spamming kibi dangos. Dunno what to expect here tbh

Tons of stuff needs to happen.
Yeah, there are open plotlines, like Hawkins(?), CP0(?), mysterious shadow (?), Kidd Pirates (?), Heart Pirates (?), Numbers (?) which gonna do something at some point

I feel like we'll soon enter another level of this war

Status
Not open for further replies.