I liked the chapter. I like most chapters lol. Say what you will about Oda, but he moves shit along in the context of what he actually stuffs into an arc.
I asked to you cause I know this
- The Dango plotline payoff (whether you liked it or not is irrelevant, it was foreshadowed)
- Mystery person saving the Scabbards
- Jack recovering
- Robin and Brook's match, Sanji being freed
- Hyougoro taking care of the Mimiwarigumi and Onibawanshu (fodder, good riddance)
- Perospero taking care of Wanda/Carrot
- Marco vs Calamity fanservice
- Chopper curing the Oni virus and hitting Queen
- Kanjuro and Orochi being alive.
So much as happened that when I look at this chapter in relevance to the past ones, it does work that has been set up by the story. All of the above either is relevant to what Oda has put into for the plot, regardless if people like it or not.
- Rooftop, where was just hinted at the SNs preparing a tactic to "remove" one Emperor, we gotta wait for the official translations cause could be different if they are talking about "splitting" the two
- Castle (Scabbards vs Orochi plotline), here we have Inu vs Jack and Ashura out of the game (temporarily?) so Kin, Denjiro, Neko, Izo, Kiku and Raizo have to take care of Orochi, Fukurukuju and Kanjuro. I feel like could back up and go help Inu, which I can't see winning alone while injured and without moon, unless YamatoSanji rescues Inu
- Momo, Yamato, Shinobu are basically a walking 'unsolved' plot, the three of them have to split and join other plots at some point. For example: Yamato gets Jack/heads for the rooftop, Shinobu team up with Raizo against Fukurukuju (Oden ninjas vs Orochi's ninja leader), Momonosuke faces Orochi helped by those of the Scabbards who don't get Kanjuro
- Castle (SHs vs Tobiroppo plotline), here we have Jimbe vs Who's Who and Robin/Brook vs Black Maria, but most importantly Jimbe vs Who's Who. This fight was set in chapter 998 and we just got a glimpse of it when Sanji called Robin, we'll soon get to it and start developing the backstory between the two
- Live Floor, where Chopper just closed the Ice Oni business with Marco and Drake's help. Now we are entering a new stage of the battle and this scenario is particulary full of big names: King and Queen are the security here and have been fighting Marco while Drake was defending Chopper from Apoo. Now that Perospero has entered the room, how will the things change? Perospero is the real weight on the scale here, Apoo's decision is understimated too
- Towers (SHs vs Tobiroppo plotline), Franky vs Sasaki and Nami/Usop/Tama on the move, chased by Ulti and Page One while spamming kibi dangos. Dunno what to expect here tbh
Tons of stuff needs to happen.
Yeah, there are open plotlines, like Hawkins(?), CP0(?), mysterious shadow (?), Kidd Pirates (?), Heart Pirates (?), Numbers (?) which gonna do something at some point
I feel like we'll soon enter another level of this war