Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Oda really just put Luffy's face on top of Shin's body.

Also, what is up with that horse? :milaugh:

Yeah, Oda's more cartoony style does not suit Kingdom's serious grand battle scenes at all.
Doesn't look like Luffy's face to me, must be the eyes. And ye Oda's style doesn't suit Kingdom setting.
The horse is just lol, man those horses in Kingdom are real beasts ahaha. Shun the best horse will be forever remembered in the ravine of time!

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oda really just put Luffy's face on top of Shin's body.

Also, what is up with that horse? :milaugh:

Yeah, Oda's more cartoony style does not suit Kingdom's serious grand battle scenes at all.
Doesn't look like Luffy's face to me, must be the eyes. And ye Oda's style doesn't suit Kingdom setting.
The horse is just lol, man those horses in Kingdom are real beasts ahaha. Shun the best horse will be forever remembered in the ravine of time!

When I first looked at that picture, I literally thought someone had photoshopped Luffy’s head onto Shin’s body lol.

Props to Oda, it’s a good drawing in its own way, but yeah Hara’s style for Kingdom >>

Oda knows himself that Hara's drawing is much serious than his, lol. He created a ad slogan for Kingdom =>

"What’s up with this manga!? The story’s intense, the art’s heavy… It’s (really) cool!"

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
give us your review on arc 7 & 8 ( until 188)
@Seth
Didn't see a tag for this one until I saw this thread again.

Nice set-up arcs and interesting plot.

I like the struggle for power in the palace. Kingdom does a good job of portraying how fucking hard it is.

It's not just having an allied General with a huge army to lead a country.

Connections, plotting, sellouts, betrayals, unions. Everything is involved.

I also like how Sei goes against all odds. Can't wait to see how this plays out. With his Mother betraying him and siding with Ryo Fui damn.... kid you are in for a turmoil of events.

Btw. Don't know if Ryo Fui is meant to be a likeable character but I must rate how fucking boss he is.

He is against our favorite characters but dude is a BOSS in his own way.

and finally Riboku........

Riboku, Riboku....

This dude is just amazing. My top 3 currently with Ou Ki, Shin.

I think we will have nice war because of this alliance. I think post Wei campaign something will happen.

There is no way Riboku just wanted to give Qin a chance to breathe and take on Wei.

I want more Shouheikun action too.

Didn't see a tag for this one until I saw this thread again.

Nice set-up arcs and interesting plot.

I like the struggle for power in the palace. Kingdom does a good job of portraying how fucking hard it is.

It's not just having an allied General with a huge army to lead a country.

Connections, plotting, sellouts, betrayals, unions. Everything is involved.

I also like how Sei goes against all odds. Can't wait to see how this plays out. With his Mother betraying him and siding with Ryo Fui damn.... kid you are in for a turmoil of events.

Btw. Don't know if Ryo Fui is meant to be a likeable character but I must rate how fucking boss he is.

He is against our favorite characters but dude is a BOSS in his own way.

and finally Riboku........

Riboku, Riboku....

This dude is just amazing. My top 3 currently with Ou Ki, Shin.

I think we will have nice war because of this alliance. I think post Wei campaign something will happen.

There is no way Riboku just wanted to give Qin a chance to breathe and take on Wei.

I want more Shouheikun action too.
yep Ryo Fui is really great character even if he is against the the MCs
his role added a lot to kingdom .

lol good to see you liked Riboku from the start many hate him lol

_________
what do you think about the new 2 characters , Mouten (son of Moubo as it revealed in 183 ) and ohon? leaders of 300 Units like shin .

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
yep Ryo Fui is really great character even if he is against the the MCs
his role added a lot to kingdom .
Don't know if I got spoiled or not but YouTube decided to show me a video Ryo Fui is a GOAT or something like that.

I hope it wasn't referring to new chapters since that basically spoils me on his status and shit xD.

lol good to see you liked Riboku from the start many hate him lol
Can see where people coming from, he put his hand on the death of I assume fan favorite. I love Ou Ki too but how can I not like a mastermind like him? I like mastermind characters.

what do you think about the new 2 characters , Mouten (son of Moubo as it revealed in 183 ) and ohon? leaders of 300 Units like shin .
Finally, some rivalry shapes up for Shin to participate in. I didn't expect him to start to pursue General rivalries too early.

Ouhon is interesting. I'm not sold on Mouten yet. Smells like a daddy issue from a mile away.

More to come....

Don't know if I got spoiled or not but YouTube decided to show me a video Ryo Fui is a GOAT or something like that.

I hope it wasn't referring to new chapters since that basically spoils me on his status and shit xD.

Can see where people coming from, he put his hand on the death of I assume fan favorite. I love Ou Ki too but how can I not like a mastermind like him? I like mastermind characters.

Finally, some rivalry shapes up for Shin to participate in. I didn't expect him to start to pursue General rivalries too early.

Ouhon is interesting. I'm not sold on Mouten yet. Smells like a daddy issue from a mile away.

More to come....

lol no you didn't get spoiled :cheers:
_
yep that's why also he has a lot of fans even the author like him lol , also he is not a villain he is fighting for his county as shin do lol , you can say mostly there's no villains in kingdom :kayneshrug:.

yep ohon has a better start than moten
but you will see later .

noew read next arc :goyea:

Remember when Kingdom used to have amazing character designs?

I literally see no difference in the character design quality. Lol.

Man'U, Sento'Un, Gen'U and Juko Ou are on par with major arc antagonists like Seikai, Ordo, Kanmei, Kisui, Gohoumei etc.

Meanwhile, Kochou's three subordinate Generals are at bare minimum on par with, if not flat out better than the likes of other subordinate Generals such as Shoumou, Fuuki, Chousa etc.

I literally see no difference in the character design quality. Lol.

Man'U, Sento'Un, Gen'U and Juko Ou are on par with major arc antagonists like Seikai, Ordo, Kanmei, Kisui, Gohoumei etc.

Meanwhile, Kochou's three subordinate Generals are at bare minimum on par with, if not flat out better than the likes of other subordinate Generals such as Shoumou, Fuuki, Chousa etc.
its only your taste

new general did really have great design

What? What’s wrong with those character designs? Lol
Personally I feel like the previous (major) designs had a more serious and menacing aura to them. The newest ones (Kouchou's subordinates) feel really goofy and forgettable.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Personally I feel like the previous (major) designs had a more serious and menacing aura to them. The newest ones (Kouchou's subordinates) feel really goofy and forgettable.
I don’t think these are supposed to be major characters to be fair. Kochou sure, but these guys will likely not be super relevant in the long term like Riboku and Houken.

But I don’t really see what’s wrong with their designs, they all look like hardass generals to me.

Are Kochou's subordinates major characters? Lol.

Like I said, compare Kochou's subordinates to characters of comparable importance (e.g. Shoumou, Chousa, Fuuki) and they look just fine, if not flat out better. They all look like fairly respectable designs to me, especially Scarface there.

None of them are packing a triple chin like Shoumou. Lol.