Character Discussion Sanji's Immense Will

how so??

sanji can beat black maria but he asked robin for help why??

cause it goes against his code/will

so if anything it shows he has strong will and not the other way around

do I believe he has strong will?? yes

do I believe he'll get COC?? no
I'm not even talking about the CoC aspect here. Sanji wants women to stay out of harm. He may believe in robin but he knows black Marias intention of capturing and torturing her, if robin fails he literally allowed robin to be tortured. doesn't matter how good he thinks robin is there's always the chance she isn't up the challenge (we know she won't lose but Sanji still took a gamble on robins life to save his own)

It just disproves the argument that his powers working on Sanji is evidence of Sanji having a weak will, otherwise you'd have to concede that being the case for Zoro or Doffy, which at least in Zoro's case i'm sure you agree with me saying it doesn't make sense :goyea:
I take Law and Zoro as relatives. Shambles is different from soul swap.
Soul swap seems to me the weaker attack that only works on weaker ppl.
Otherwise he could soul swap Kaido with Luffy or something or Doffy with the Trebol.

That effectively proved that Sanji is below people like vergo, doffy, luffy, zoro, etc.

What do you think he should have done ?

His morale told him he couldn’t fight Maria so if he had fought her it would have been « comprising with his own moral ».

He could have made himself killed without calling for help and that would have been the stupidest choices ever.

Or he could have learnt and known that Robin could do it and call for a friend. That’s what he did.
Refer to my last reply to Al. it's pretty much a reply to yours, I can't be bothered typing it again

Law is on the caliber of Luffy, ain't no way fodder like Sanji can compete with Law
Law low diffed sanji on PH and defeated Vergo who low diffed Sanji
Strength carries over.
Doffy negs him, King negs him, and now Black Maria negs him
Ffs he wasn't even able to defeat p1 canonically

How on earth is this clown defeating Law whos a Roof 5, the top Cast of the Next Gen
Post automatically merged:

This uplifts Law even further then, where he's able to do that to Zoro.
This doesn't lift Sanji.
Its not about power. Law can always beat Sanji, thanks to Law's hax skills.

But if we compare their dreams, will, Sanji may be ahead.

I take Law and Zoro as relatives. Shambles is different from soul swap.
Soul swap seems to me the weaker attack that only works on weaker ppl.
Otherwise he could soul swap Kaido with Luffy or something or Doffy with the Trebol.

That effectively proved that Sanji is below people like vergo, doffy, luffy, zoro, etc.
When he approached Luffy in PH he was trying to earn his trust so that they can make an alliance, so it didn't make sense to try to catch him offguard and use his abilities on him.

With Vergo and Doffy, you have individuals who are fully aware of Law's abilities and know to constantly guard themselves with Haki.

And these arguments are an added bonus, because we didn't actually see him try to use it on these characters and fail, so the fact that he would have failed back then if he tried with all the characters you have listed isn't a foregone conclusion. We actually didn't see that ability fail to work even once when used. The ability being weaker than Shambles is also entirely speculative. We don't know enough to make any claims based solely on the fact that it was used on characters like Sanji and Smoker.

Btw, i think Smoker is also a very strong willed individual and a prime candidate for CoC among the marines.

And he will not achieve his dream by own power. If he wants to make his dream come true, he must stick with Luffy and Robin.
Yet he's actively searching for the Road Poneglyphs
Sanji literally just has to tag along and not make a fuss, yet he manages to fuck that up.

I don't wanna ever see Sanji compared to Law.
Sanji could never reach the tip of his toes in haki/strength/power/anything

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
He may believe in robin but he knows black Marias intention of capturing and torturing her, if robin fails he literally allowed robin to be tortured. doesn't matter how good he thinks robin is there's always the chance she isn't up the challenge (we know she won't lose but Sanji still took a gamble on robins life to save his own)
Sanji believes in his nakama and as you said we know that in the end he will be right because somehow Robin will win. On the contrary it shows that Sanji respects Robin a lot and even if she is a woman he trusted her enough to win the fight. Would Robin be hurt ? Yes likely but this a war And Sanji knows it. He considered Robin like any of his nakama and this prove good character development.

It is not a gamble because Sanji knows Robin worth. If betting on your nakamas was a bad thing then 90% of shonen characters are weak willed.

And as I said what was the alternative fighting Maria ? Sanji can’t at all do that.

LAW: DREAM TO KNOW MEANING OF THE WILL OF D
SANJI: catch some rare fish
Because being the WSS is better knowing the meaning of the D ? :seriously:

All blue is a mythic sea that no one ever discovered. Sanji discovering it is huge.

With Vergo and Doffy, you have individuals who are fully aware of Law's abilities and know to constantly guard themselves with Haki.
And these arguments are an added bonus, because we didn't actually see him try to use it on these characters and fail, so the fact that he would have failed back then if he tried with all the characters you have listed isn't a foregone conclusion. We actually didn't see that ability fail to work even once when used. The ability being weaker than Shambles is also entirely speculative.
When he approached Luffy in PH he was trying to earn his trust so that they can make an alliance, so it didn't make sense to try to catch him offguard and use his abilities on him.
At this point Nami, and the other strawhats didn't know if Law would become an ally. So they were technically on opposite ends, which is why Law immediately and easily swapped souls. If this was a stronger move, we'd see this again utilized on stronger folks, however, that was not the case, therefore it is in our best deduction to rule it out as a powerful move.
We don't know enough to make any claims based solely on the fact that it was used on characters like Sanji and Smoker.
Btw, i think Smoker is also a very strong willed individual and a prime candidate for CoC among the marines.
We have to use what we're given despite it not being much. And the moment Smoker was defeated by Law and soul swapped, and then his heart removed, was game set match that he would not be a CoC bearer. I am saying this because I don't believe Law is a CoC user either.

And Smoker will be strong, I just don't see him CoC strong

AL sama

Red Haired
Sanji believes in his nakama and as you said we know that in the end he will be right because somehow Robin will win. On the contrary it shows that Sanji respects Robin a lot and even if she is a woman he trusted her enough to win the fight. Would Robin be hurt ? Yes likely but this a war And Sanji knows it. He considered Robin like any of his nakama and this prove good character development.

It is not a gamble because Sanji knows Robin worth. If betting on your nakamas was a bad thing then 90% of shonen characters are weak willed.

And as I said what was the alternative fighting Maria ? Sanji can’t at all do that.

All blue is a mythic sea that no one ever discovered. Sanji discovering it is huge.
rayan this is why I don't debate

Well. Thank you for acknowledging that the D is more important than cooking exotic fish.
Very mature of you.

And second the whole crew discovers it.
Don't single out Sanji, he's not the only one there.

Finally, WSS means to stand atop an entire group of people in strength.
If someone like WB considers Mihawk's duels as legendary, that's canon enough for us to consider it Legendary is well.

And being a strong Swordsman/Sword God was enough to keep out Marines for centuries from Wano by Ryuma.
Someone like Akainu hesitated from entering Wano, and Zoro will only surpass that legend.

I'm not saying that trusting nakama is a bad thing. I'm just trying to say that robin was bound to get hurt but now it's to clean up sanjis mess. I do get that trusting his nakama is a progression but it comes at the expense of allowing robin to get hurt. Honestly i see the idea of it being strong willed bc he stuck to his morals (not hurting women) but can you at least entertain the idea that it also brought robin into a very serious situation that if turned bad can really fuck robin up, all because he didn't want to hurt a woman personally which also slightly compromises his morals.

There wasn't really any other choice. It was die or trust robin even if it means she may be in danger.

If this seems like a big turn around, a very wise friend slightly opened my eyes but I still have issues with it.

Cons -
It's not actually stronger than someone would assume, though. He avoids fighting with his hands because cooking is more important to him, but we never see him putting in the work to compensate. He despises the Raid Suit, but reluctantly uses it... without putting in the work to overcome the need for it or the work to get so good with it that he can get shit done with it effectively. He was willing to marry off and give up sailing, but went back to sailing when he got his heart broken. In the face of death, he shows no concern for his actual dreams.
We never see Sanji training in general. However we know he wants to get stronger anyways....

And as for the RS..... as of now Sanji has only used the RS for miscellaneous reasons.

- A disguise to hide his face
- Invisibility to sneak into the Womans Bath
- Invisibility to free Momo

This isnt about will. Sanji was super confident that he could destroy P1....but he still opted for the RS because he needed a disguise to hide himself.

He was willing to marry off and give up sailing, but went back to sailing when he got his heart broken.
He was willing to because his loved ones were at risk. Staying put was the only way to spare their lives. He put them above himself. Thats a good thing.

In the face of death, he shows no concern for his actual dreams.
Usually because their are bigger things at risk, like his family and his nakama. Caring more about Ambition then his loved ones is stupid...

Subject: Sanji's ambition
This is a comparative thing... and in his case it's a con. When Luffy was utterly defeated by the events ranging from Sabaody to Marineford, doubt set in. But then he rededicated himself to his dream. Likewise for Zoro at Baratie. Sanji's defeat, his breakdown in WCI, had nothing to do with rededication to any sort of goal aside from honoring Zeff and his own crew. Admirable, but not ambitious.
Because Sanji's ambition was never in danger. Becoming PK, means Luffy should be able too protect anyone.....yet he couldn't protect his own brother. Becoming WSS, meant Zoro has to defeat Mihawk....but he didn't. Nothing in WCI doubted Sanji's own ambition. He would still be with a pirate crew, so logically he could still get the All Blue. Heck their were bigger priorities at that point with Zeff's potential murder. This again isnt remotely the same...

At this point Nami, and the other strawhats didn't know if Law would become an ally. So they were technically on opposite ends, which is why Law immediately and easily swapped souls. If this was a stronger move, we'd see this again utilized on stronger folks, however, that was not the case, therefore it is in our best deduction to rule it out as a powerful move.

We have to use what we're given despite it not being much. And the moment Smoker was defeated by Law and soul swapped, and then his heart removed, was game set match that he would not be a CoC bearer. I am saying this because I don't believe Law is a CoC user either.

And Smoker will be strong, I just don't see him CoC strong
The SH's were not trying to engage with Law though, the opposite. They were running away trying to avoid pointless fights with the kids around, and they were not aware of how big Law's range is.

The ability was not used at all post PH though, even though there's been fodder characters in the following arcs as well. Oda simply ignored it, so there's not a pattern of it being used only against weak characters, and there's not a single example of Law claiming that it's more difficult for this particular ability to work against a strong character than any of his other abilities.

As far as we know, if you are inside the Room, his abilities either work on you if you're relative to him strength wise or weaker, or they don't if you are significantly stronger.

Losing a fight against Law doesn't disqualify Smoker from being a CoC user. Smoker has all the traits necessary, and he's one of the most driven persons among the marines. This is the guy who got paralels with Garp in the way he refused promotions and chased after the future Pirate King, and constantly gave the middle finger to his superiors.

Heck, i'd find it more likely for Smoker to be a CoC user than someone like Kizaru for example.