General & Others Luffy's Proclamations

*Since I have to add this apparently: These are in relation to Luffy's proclamations against arc villains specifically (i.e. the ones he ends up fighting). I'm sure there are plenty of examples where Luffy is a "liar" otherwise. No need to throw those in the mix because that's not the discussion*

*Since it was also not made clear, I do not care about ZKK or if it happens or not. I'm just a skeptic when it comes to Oda's "tendencies"*

Anyway....

Last discussion I'm having about the topic, ya'll get take it apart or argue as much as you want.

Thread is a question of Oda's writing and tendencies as a writer with Luffy. Hopefully by the end its clear. Lets start at the top:

- Luffy's first proclamation about beating someone. Done.

-Luffy's second proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 3rd proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 4th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 5th proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 6th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 7th Proclamation. Done.

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

- Hopefully some of you are starting to see where I'm going with this.

- Now here's an interesting one. Win or Lose, Sanji and Zoro listened to Luffy when he told them to leave against Aokiji.

- Proclamation #15 so far...

.....zzzzzz

:zosleepy:

:crybeard:

And the trend continues

Man I feel like this is all leading to...something right?

:zosleepy::zosleepy::zosleepy:

We need an "Ace falling asleep in food" emote

Here's a bonus: Law, who had proclaimed he'd kill Doffy the entire arc, leaves it to Luffy.

Welp

Almost done

:josad:

Now if you looked at all that, then we get to the point:

In an effort to take down the latest villain, Luffy makes a totally new, different, striking proclamation that will shatter all expectations!

:usoprice:

:emohiyo:

Little does Luffy know at this point, Kid's got his back on that other front (for the moment)

Here, you guys can have this "generic" proclamation about fighting Kaido. Maybe it includes Zoro, Sanji, and Law.

Maybe this helps, Luffy says "we", gotta mean something right?

His 1v1 sole victory with Kaido isn't being set up right?

Nope, its all pointing to ZKK clearly

Luffy you liar

Its not like you've done this like 40 times before, right? Oda clearly is doing something different, right?

Oh wait:

+1

+2

Hopes this gets my point across. The argument isn't what you think the story is being set up for, the argument is whether or not Oda will follow the same "pattern" or outcome he's always had for Luffy when he writes this way. But in the end, its what you what you want to believe in right? I will die on this hill, gimme that sweet sweet conflict.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Last discussion I'm having about the topic, ya'll get take it apart or argue as much as you want.

Thread is a question of Oda's writing and tendencies as a writer with Luffy. Hopefully by the end its clear. Lets start at the top:

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

- Now here's an interesting one. Win or Lose, Sanji and Zoro listened to Luffy when he told them to leave against Aokiji.

.....zzzzzz

And the trend continues

Here's a bonus: Law, who had proclaimed he'd kill Doffy the entire arc, leaves it to Luffy.

Welp

Almost done

In an effort to take down the latest villain, Luffy makes a totally new, different, striking proclamation that will shatter all expectations!

Little does Luffy know at this point, Kid's got his back on that other front (for the moment)

Here, you guys can have this "generic" proclamation about fighting Kaido. Maybe it includes Zoro, Sanji, and Law.

Luffy you liar

Its not like you've done this like 40 times before, right? Oda clearly is doing something different, right?

Oh wait:

+1

+2

Hopes this gets my point across. The argument isn't what you think the story is being set up for, the argument is whether or not Oda will follow the same "pattern" or outcome he's always had for Luffy when he writes this way. But in the end, its what you what you want to believe in right? I will die on this hill, gimme that sweet sweet conflict.

No one said luffy isn't going to "beat" kaido.
He ain't keeping him down.

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

.....zzzzzz

And the trend continues

Welp

Almost done

Luffy you liar

Oh wait:

+1

+2

Just don't be mad when ZKK happens and don't try to say Oda is a bad writter lmao

No one said luffy isn't going to "beat" kaido.
He ain't keeping him down.
I don't get it. Why would you want Zoro's sole victory this arc to shamelessly execute a defeated pirate? I thought the idea of ZKK was that Zoro actually still fights/injures then proceeds to kill Kaido? The former sounds...wow.
Post automatically merged:

Just don't be mad when ZKK happens and don't try to say Oda is a bad writter lmao
I actually don't mind the theory lol. Thats not the point. I don't expect Oda to do anything different than every other arc in the series. Nothing this arc changes that fact.

HA001

I will save ace - ace died
I will beat Jack- never sees him
I will beat big mom multiple times - double standard is rife and you're happy for kidd to do it
I won't run any more - immediately runs from fujitora and then big mom in wci
I will beat every single Admiral and yonko or I can't become pk - well I guess he won't become pk because he's not gonna beat each and every one of them

I don't get it. Why would you want Zoro's sole victory this arc to shamelessly execute a defeated pirate? I thought the idea of ZKK was that Zoro actually still fights/injures then proceeds to kill Kaido? The former sounds...wow.

I actually don't mind the theory lol. Thats not the point. I don't expect Oda to do anything different than every other arc in the series. Nothing this arc changes that fact.
?
How did you read the words he won't keep kaido down and jump to there ?
Kaido will be back up and above the Flower Capital whether it be running or trying to destroy it in anger. Then his head is coming off.

I will beat big mom multiple times - double standard is rife and you're happy for kidd to do it
I will beat every single Admiral and yonko or I can't become pk - well I guess he won't become pk because he's not gonna beat each and every one of them
All of my examples have to specifically do with specific arc villain proclamations. Big Mom was not the villain of her arc, Katakuri was. If you read the examples, you'd know that. Luffy effectively defeated Big Mom anyway by defeating Katakuri, stealing her RP, and escaping her territory. This is why we get everything about him being the 5th emperor and Morgans' whole speech. She is a bygone problem, hence why it doesn't matter who defeats her.

?
How did you read the words he won't keep kaido down and jump to there ?
Kaido will be back up and above the Flower Capital whether it be running or trying to destroy it in anger. Then his head is coming off.
:kayneshrug::kayneshrug::kayneshrug: I hope you are right man.

Not sarcasm. Remember the argument at hand here. I'm a huge skeptic of Oda doing something different than usual. Hence the topic.

If he manages to pull an "Ace" with Kaido, I would be happy.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I think we all know Luffy is beating Kaido. Especially at this point. The other Supernova got a chance to smack Kaido around, show off their moves. But Kaido is Luffy's opponent to take down for good.

The question is whether or not Oda will have Zoro take off Kaido's head after Luffy's defeated him. Kaido with barely any stamina left in him, ambitions crushed and crew destroyed, slain after the fact.

HA001

All of my examples have to specifically do with specific arc villain proclamations. Big Mom was not the villain of her arc, Katakuri was. If you read the examples, you'd know that. Luffy effectively defeated Big Mom anyway by defeating Katakuri, stealing her RP, and escaping her territory. This is why we get everything about him being the 5th emperor and Morgans' whole speech. She is a bygone problem, hence why it doesn't matter who defeats her.
Excuses.
Luffys proclamation to save ace was multiple arcs
Luffys proclamation to beat Jack was stated in zou.
Luffys proclamation to beat meme has been reinforced 3 different arcs
Fishman island he declared it
All of wci even the end of the kata fight he said he'd beat her
and now in wano
don't try pick and choose cause it proves you wrong.
Luffys proclamation to beat all the admirals and yonko was the prerequisite to becoming pirate king FROM HIS OWN MOUTHS

I think we all know Luffy is beating Kaido. Especially at this point. The other Supernova got a chance to smack Kaido around, show off their moves. But Kaido is Luffy's opponent to take down for good.

The question is whether or not Oda will have Zoro take off Kaido's head after Luffy's defeated him. Kaido with barely any stamina left in him, ambitions crushed and crew destroyed, slain after the fact.
I agree, but thats actually not what "all" fans of ZKK are expecting. Reasonable ones like @HA001 are expecting this, which is cool. I'm actually for it, with some caveats (i.e. Kaido has to do something drastic and not actually run away. Zoro can't execute him for running, etc). Such is the reason I made the other thread about people "not wanting a 1v1 for Zoro" because it's what some people seem to only want for him now at this point: to kill a defeated Yonko. If he gets a fight and does it, I'm totally A-OK with it lol. I think most people who expect to only just kill a defeated Kaido wouldn't mind that either.

But the thread is actually for people who expect Zoro get recover, get back to the fight and fully take over the fight from Luffy. I've even seen certain people say that Luffy will instead take out Big Mom to shift Zoro back to soloing Kaido.

This I've heard a lot. There are essentially two major groups of ZKK at this point lol. One has a much clearer Two Piece mindset about what they expect Zoro to actually do after 1010 lol.

HA001

I agree, but thats actually not what "all" fans of ZKK are expecting. Reasonable ones like @HA001 are expecting this, which is cool. I'm actually for it, with some caveats (i.e. Kaido has to do something drastic and not actually run away. Zoro can't execute him for running, etc). Such is the reason I made the other thread about people "not wanting a 1v1 for Zoro" because it's what some people seem to only want for him now at this point: to kill a defeated Yonko. If he gets a fight and does it, I'm totally A-OK with it lol. I think most people who expect to only just kill a defeated Kaido wouldn't mind that either.

But the thread is actually for people who expect Zoro get recover, get back to the fight and fully take over the fight from Luffy. I've even seen certain people say that Luffy will instead take out Big Mom to shift Zoro back to soloing Kaido.

This I've heard a lot. There are essentially two major groups of ZKK at this point lol. One has a much clearer Two Piece mindset about what they expect Zoro to actually do after 1010 lol.
I dunno about the not running away part. I think kaido could have an interesting turn once we get a backstory. His line to kinemon on pirates betraying and running away I doubt is for no reason not to mention if rox is dead did he betray his crew and try to flee after losing to Roger and Co, cause as I said if he is dead there's a reason kaido doesn't consider his death like Roger oden or wbs. But of course it could be the opposite and the standard I've lost everything I'm gonna kill all in rage shit.

Excuses.
Luffys proclamation to save ace was multiple arcs
Luffys proclamation to beat Jack was stated in zou.
Luffys proclamation to beat meme has been reinforced 3 different arcs
Fishman island he declared it
All of wci even the end of the kata fight he said he'd beat her
and now in wano
don't try pick and choose cause it proves you wrong.
Luffys proclamation to beat all the admirals and yonko was the prerequisite to becoming pirate king FROM HIS OWN MOUTHS
Brotha, you know fully well that when Luffy proclaims to beat the arc villain specifically, it happens. This is what I'm talking about. No need to cherry pick things that truly have nothing to do with the discussion. This is what I'm talking about here. The topic IS Kaido. Big Mom was the secondary villain in her own arc lol. She's secondary here as well. It doesn't matter, its not the argument I'm making.

If we want to say that Luffy is a liar 5% of the time when it comes to ALL his proclamations, thats an entirely different story. When it comes to actual arc villains, he's never been wrong here.

HA001

Brotha, you know fully well that when Luffy proclaims to beat the arc villain specifically, it happens. This is what I'm talking about. No need to cherry pick things that truly have nothing to do with the discussion. This is what I'm talking about here. The topic IS Kaido. Big Mom was the secondary villain in her own arc lol. She's secondary here as well. It doesn't matter, its not the argument I'm making.

If we want to say that Luffy is a liar 5% of the time when it comes to ALL his proclamations, thats an entirely different story. When it comes to actual arc villains, he's never been wrong here.
Bruh do you want me to pull up the panels of most of them. There's no way if I pull up the panels especially the fuji and Big Mom ones you can try shove them under the carpet as unimportant.

Bruh do you want me to pull up the panels of most of them. There's no way if I pull up the panels especially the fuji and Big Mom ones you can try shove them under the carpet as unimportant.
You can do whatever you want. I know they exist. I'm saying they aren't arc villain centric. Aokiji is fundamentally the only example where it counts because he:

- Technically was an arc antagonist even if for 3 chapters
- Part of Luffy's proclamation towards said antagonist

But the point I was making there was that his subordinates listen to him. He doesn't even claim he'll beat him at all there.

Way too many instances of post Udon Luffy's being confident the way he is almost seals it for me lol. Like I even discussed with you how I'd like a different outcome but it's almost like spoon-feeding us at this point.

But then again it boils down to Kaido's fate at the end of this arc. Luffy, as we know puts his opponents out of commission and doing that to Kaido can be futile since there have been instances of him breaking out every time he's been captured, which can make him a menace in the future again.

So who knows he could succumb to his injuries WB style through all the accumulated damage or someone indeed kills him off, which one here cannot acknowledge and discuss different scenarios/options for it without getting their panties in a twist.

Last edited:
Way too many instances of post Udon Luffy's being confident the way he is almost seals it for me lol. Like I even discussed with you how I'd like a different outcome but it's almost like spoon-feeding us at this point.

But then again it boils down to Kaido's fate at the end of this arc. Luffy, as we know puts his opponents out of commission and doing that to Kaido can be futile since there have been instances of him breaking out every time he's been captured, which can make him a menace in the future again.

So who knows he could succumb to his injuries WB style through all the accumulated damage or someone indeed kills him off, which one here cannot acknowledge and discuss different scenarios/options for it without getting their panties in a twist.
This is a good point. There is a big question as to what actually happens with Kaido at the end, which I get that is what others are saying here. Again, totally fine with ZKK if that is an option, its a question of if Oda will actually kill Kaido off and not have him live with his ambitions crushed, as per all other villains Luffy fights.

But he is different, and that is an important point.

The post was more of an open skepticism to Oda's writing as a whole but we'll see lol, I'll gladly take the L to be surprised.

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

.....zzzzzz

And the trend continues

Welp

Almost done

Luffy you liar

Oh wait:

+1

+2

No one said Luffy isn't gonna Defeat Kaido, who ever doubts Luffy vs Main Villain?
But Kaido needs to be Killed & Luffy doesn't Kill

Also Kaido is a Zoan, you think Oda is gonna Draw Jack & Queen & Page One/Ulti recovering Fast? But Kaido the Strongest Creature will stay down?

Luffy will Defeat Kaido (With Help as usual) but it will mostly be Him
And then Luffy is gonna be tired, why don't you make a Compilation of Luffy's Condition after almost every single Major Fight?

So when Kaido gets back up, who's gonna Kill him for good?
You should also know that Kaido isn't like Previous Villains, he isn't someone you just remove from the Island & let him sail somewhere else, the guy is an Emperor, & he isn't kind of guy you can put in Prison, already went through that multiple times.

And why do you think Oda made Kaido love the idea of Dying? It's because he is the only Villain that Oda needs to be Killed, so he made sure to make him embrace Death to make his Beheading Scene less scary & Fans won't think that Kaido was ruined by Oda

Also why don't you also make a Compilation of Villain's Claims/Legends & how their Defeat symbolizes the End of their Legend?

01. Morgan who threatened everyone with Execution got defeated by his Own Prisoner who he tried to Execute
02. Buggy the one who was terrorizing Orange Town with his DF, got stripped of his Body Parts before Defeat
03. Kuro the one with Hundred Plans & can use his Head to come out with amazing Plans was Defeated with a Headbutt
04. Krieg who used Arsenal of many many Weapons & Armor, got his Shiny Armor Shattered before Defeat
05. Crocodile who was hiding in the Shadows & Underground like a Crocodile got Defeated by being punched to the Sky
06. Bellamy who mocked Dreams & Luffy's Way of Piracy got silenced & humiliated with a Single Punch
07. Enel claimed Divinity & his Rule covered great range, got defeated by ringing Golden Bell, making his Defeat heard by everyone
08. Foxy who relies on Cheating, got defeated by his own Trick (Mirror)
09. Moriah who was Greedy & relied on others, got defeated because he couldn't control 1000 Shadows
10. Doflamingo who controlled everyone like a Puppeteer & was called "Heavenly Yaksha" got punched from the Sky to Underground
11. Cracker who creates Food to Fight for him, got defeated by Luffy's Belly after getting Fat from all that Food
12. Undefeated Katakuri falling on his back to admit Defeat & the end of his Legend

And i skipped many many Villains, this was just a tease
As you can see, Villain's Defeats are Symbolic

Now go check Chapter 795 & tell me what is Kaido's Legend? It's the Unkillable & Undefeated Creature
So will Luffy Defeat Kaido? Sure
But what about his Cannot Die Legend? That's obviously reserved for Zoro

As you can see, Wano Arc highlighted Zoro vs Orochi & it's definitely the Arc that focused on Zoro the most compared to all other Arcs just like Shells Town Arc was about Zoro & Helmeppo at first but things witched to Morgan later. And Orochi + Kaido is no different than Morgan + Helmeppo (Morgan too stood back up after Luffy defeated him)

The exact same Scenario will happen again, Luffy knocks out Kaido & claims himself Victorious but then Kaido returns & Orochi will also be there & that is when ZKK happens & Orochi is finally dealt with too at same time

No one said Luffy isn't gonna Defeat Kaido, who ever doubts Luffy vs Main Villain?
But Kaido needs to be Killed & Luffy doesn't Kill

Also Kaido is a Zoan, you think Oda is gonna Draw Jack & Queen & Page One/Ulti recovering Fast? But Kaido the Strongest Creature will stay down?

Luffy will Defeat Kaido (With Help as usual) but it will mostly be Him
And then Luffy is gonna be tired, why don't you make a Compilation of Luffy's Condition after almost every single Major Fight?

So when Kaido gets back up, who's gonna Kill him for good?
You should also know that Kaido isn't like Previous Villains, he isn't someone you just remove from the Island & let him sail somewhere else, the guy is an Emperor, & he isn't kind of guy you can put in Prison, already went through that multiple times.

And why do you think Oda made Kaido love the idea of Dying? It's because he is the only Villain that Oda needs to be Killed, so he made sure to make him embrace Death to make his Beheading Scene less scary & Fans won't think that Kaido was ruined by Oda

Also why don't you also make a Compilation of Villain's Claims/Legends & how their Defeat symbolizes the End of their Legend?

01. Morgan who threatened everyone with Execution got defeated by his Own Prisoner who he tried to Execute
02. Buggy the one who was terrorizing Orange Town with his DF, got stripped of his Body Parts before Defeat
03. Kuro the one with Hundred Plans & can use his Head to come out with amazing Plans was Defeated with a Headbutt
04. Krieg who used Arsenal of many many Weapons & Armor, got his Shiny Armor Shattered before Defeat
05. Crocodile who was hiding in the Shadows & Underground like a Crocodile got Defeated by being punched to the Sky
06. Bellamy who mocked Dreams & Luffy's Way of Piracy got silenced & humiliated with a Single Punch
07. Enel claimed Divinity & his Rule covered great range, got defeated by ringing Golden Bell, making his Defeat heard by everyone
08. Foxy who relies on Cheating, got defeated by his own Trick (Mirror)
09. Moriah who was Greedy & relied on others, got defeated because he couldn't control 1000 Shadows
10. Doflamingo who controlled everyone like a Puppeteer & was called "Heavenly Yaksha" got punched from the Sky to Underground
11. Cracker who creates Food to Fight for him, got defeated by Luffy's Belly after getting Fat from all that Food
12. Undefeated Katakuri falling on his back to admit Defeat & the end of his Legend

And i skipped many many Villains, this was just a tease
As you can see, Villain's Defeats are Symbolic

Now go check Chapter 795 & tell me what is Kaido's Legend? It's the Unkillable & Undefeated Creature
So will Luffy Defeat Kaido? Sure
But what about his Cannot Die Legend? That's obviously reserved for Zoro

As you can see, Wano Arc highlighted Zoro vs Orochi & it's definitely the Arc that focused on Zoro the most compared to all other Arcs just like Shells Town Arc was about Zoro & Helmeppo at first but things witched to Morgan later. And Orochi + Kaido is no different than Morgan + Helmeppo (Morgan too stood back up after Luffy defeated him)

The exact same Scenario will happen again, Luffy knocks out Kaido & claims himself Victorious but then Kaido returns & Orochi will also be there & that is when ZKK happens & Orochi is finally dealt with too at same time
I'll believe it when I see it lol

In that case, no need for discussions, let's just wait & see
The problem is now the goalpost has shifted for many people. Before 1009 fundamentally no one (outside of a few that know who they are) argued that Zoro would leave the roof and Kaido would be Luffy's sole fight before Zoro returned for ZKK somewhere else.

Now that shit has changed the last 2 chapters, the idea that Zoro is coming back has now taken precedent. It's moved from "he won't leave" to "he'll come back" because the majority did NOT expect Zoro to lose at this point.

All I'm saying is there are things Oda does that have not changed in nearly 20 years, but yes let's wait. That's not an insult to you or anyone in this thread btw.