General & Others Luffy's Proclamations

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I don't see what's so bad with a character not keeping faith to all its claims even without their own will. It's not a proper way to judge whether or not Luffy will defeat Kaido since Zoro himself also claimed he will kill him so it's unlikely he would kill him if Luffy defeats him, the two don't look very compatible, more not than yes. It's just normality that even main character claims don't always concretize in a manga, the exception is differently.

Pull up the panel. Kaido is literally staring at luffy about to hit him. What kind of negative iq are you using to say a g3 attack speed blitz kaido
Luffy dodges and goes above Kaido.
He prepare Red Roc
Kaido sees him but Luffy has launched his strike he just see Luffy too late
Your IQ isn't negative he doesn't exist.
I said Freezer came back to be an hypeTool for Goku and Trunks you read Goku killed Freezer.
Kaido tried to KO Luffy and you think in the following panel he will let him strike ?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy dodges and goes above Kaido.
He prepare Red Roc
Kaido sees him but Luffy has launched his strike he just see Luffy too late
Your IQ isn't negative he doesn't exist.
I said Freezer came back to be an hypeTool for Goku and Trunks you read Goku killed Freezer.
No clown. Kaido sees it coming all the way. And let's it hit him. We literally have a panel of him glaring at the attack in coming.

Kaido won't be coming back to be a hype tool for anyone after this arc

*Since I have to add this apparently: These are in relation to Luffy's proclamations against arc villains specifically (i.e. the ones he ends up fighting). I'm sure there are plenty of examples where Luffy is a "liar" otherwise. No need to throw those in the mix because that's not the discussion*

*Since it was also not made clear, I do not care about ZKK or if it happens or not. I'm just a skeptic when it comes to Oda's "tendencies"*

Anyway....

Last discussion I'm having about the topic, ya'll get take it apart or argue as much as you want.

Thread is a question of Oda's writing and tendencies as a writer with Luffy. Hopefully by the end its clear. Lets start at the top:

- Luffy's first proclamation about beating someone. Done.

-Luffy's second proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 3rd proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 4th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 5th proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 6th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 7th Proclamation. Done.

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

- Hopefully some of you are starting to see where I'm going with this.

- Now here's an interesting one. Win or Lose, Sanji and Zoro listened to Luffy when he told them to leave against Aokiji.

- Proclamation #15 so far...

.....zzzzzz

:zosleepy:

:crybeard:

And the trend continues

Man I feel like this is all leading to...something right?

:zosleepy::zosleepy::zosleepy:

We need an "Ace falling asleep in food" emote

Here's a bonus: Law, who had proclaimed he'd kill Doffy the entire arc, leaves it to Luffy.

Welp

Almost done

:josad:

Now if you looked at all that, then we get to the point:

In an effort to take down the latest villain, Luffy makes a totally new, different, striking proclamation that will shatter all expectations!

:usoprice:

:emohiyo:

Little does Luffy know at this point, Kid's got his back on that other front (for the moment)

Here, you guys can have this "generic" proclamation about fighting Kaido. Maybe it includes Zoro, Sanji, and Law.

Maybe this helps, Luffy says "we", gotta mean something right?

His 1v1 sole victory with Kaido isn't being set up right?

Nope, its all pointing to ZKK clearly

Luffy you liar

Its not like you've done this like 40 times before, right? Oda clearly is doing something different, right?

Oh wait:

+1

+2

Hopes this gets my point across. The argument isn't what you think the story is being set up for, the argument is whether or not Oda will follow the same "pattern" or outcome he's always had for Luffy when he writes this way. But in the end, its what you what you want to believe in right? I will die on this hill, gimme that sweet sweet conflict.

Shisui

3 Palestine
Well he claimed he would crush all yonkos but as a matter of fact it's not necessarily likely he shall defeat Shanks, unless he meant surpass them.

He also claimed he would have saved Ace anyway.

But it's not about him specifically, there are many examples of characters not managing to keep their claims and concretize them all, the manga would look too favourable differently.
He did save Ace from being executed. Ace died due to his own stupidity and pride.