[FNZ] Role Madness [Season 2] Round 6 - Naruto: Mafia Shippuden

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

Some comments about this setup that I have: I don't think the ratios are as bad as they might appear. 6 mafia is 100% ridiculous for a 19 player game but split into pairs like these without knowing who each other were does balance it out. The main issue are the roles themselves, from mafia being overpowered and town barely holding a candle in comparison. Kisame stealing so many abilities without any restriction was not good. It should have been left as an x-shot with limited targets per night instead of the unlimited that it had. The Sasori role speaks for itself. Being able to unconditionally control dead roles I realize now is absolutely busted. Had say, the drawbacks of the using certain abilities come into effect if Mel used them as well then it would have changed a lot. For example, using Kvothe's rasenshuriken should have caused her to be role-crushed for 2 cycles as well and I don't think Mel would have used it had it done so, but alas I made that it didn't. Some additional stuff that could have helped balance it out would be that Sasori can't control abilities that have conditions attached to them, like the Sasuke role. Sasori wouldn't be able to use Amaterasu or Susano'o since Mangekyo Sharingan needs to be activated first to use those abilities and Sasori doesn't have Mangekyo. And this is just balancing one ability. The Hiruko and Third Kazekage abilities weren't ever activated. Sasori soloed the game with essentially one ability. That ain't good.

I saw talks about how mafia's abilities could have been a double-edged sword for them since mafia was broken up and that was supposed to hold true as when I created the setup, it's what I had in mind to help balance it out. Because I was assuming mafia would have some friendly fire but that quickly fell apart by giving mafia fake claims. I know that sounds confusing but think about it...all mafia had to do was just claim their character or hint at who they wanted to fake claim and the other mafia could have deduced who was who and that's kinda what happened. There's also the fact that mafia's anti-claim abilities would have failed if they targeted someone who wasn't actually claiming their role. Lanji, for example, tried to steal from Lind but it failed since Lind wasn't actually a miller. He tried to do the same with Fuji but it failed since Fuji wasn't actually a watcher.

Overall, I designed the game very badly. There was also the fact that I messed up Lind's night action which led me into giving some compensation and that was how Zem and Mango got permacrushed, otherwise that permacrush never would have happened. The game was lost for town from the very start. In order to win the game, they would have lynch scum every day and be perfect with night actions, an impossible task. Either that or town doesn't claim a single time for the entire game, be it role or flavor, which is also an impossible task. It wasn't a fair game for town.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Some comments about this setup that I have: I don't think the ratios are as bad as they might appear. 6 mafia is 100% ridiculous for a 19 player game but split into pairs like these without knowing who each other were does balance it out. The main issue are the roles themselves, from mafia being overpowered and town barely holding a candle in comparison. Kisame stealing so many abilities without any restriction was not good. It should have been left as an x-shot with limited targets per night instead of the unlimited that it had. The Sasori role speaks for itself. Being able to unconditionally control dead roles I realize now is absolutely busted. Had say, the drawbacks of the using certain abilities come into effect if Mel used them as well then it would have changed a lot. For example, using Kvothe's rasenshuriken should have caused her to be role-crushed for 2 cycles as well and I don't think Mel would have used it had it done so, but alas I made that it didn't. Some additional stuff that could have helped balance it out would be that Sasori can't control abilities that have conditions attached to them, like the Sasuke role. Sasori wouldn't be able to use Amaterasu or Susano'o since Mangekyo Sharingan needs to be activated first to use those abilities and Sasori doesn't have Mangekyo. And this is just balancing one ability. The Hiruko and Third Kazekage abilities weren't ever activated. Sasori soloed the game with essentially one ability. That ain't good.

I saw talks about how mafia's abilities could have been a double-edged sword for them since mafia was broken up and that was supposed to hold true as when I created the setup, it's what I had in mind to help balance it out. Because I was assuming mafia would have some friendly fire but that quickly fell apart by giving mafia fake claims. I know that sounds confusing but think about it...all mafia had to do was just claim their character or hint at who they wanted to fake claim and the other mafia could have deduced who was who and that's kinda what happened. There's also the fact that mafia's anti-claim abilities would have failed if they targeted someone who wasn't actually claiming their role. Lanji, for example, tried to steal from Lind but it failed since Lind wasn't actually a miller. He tried to do the same with Fuji but it failed since Fuji wasn't actually a watcher.

Overall, I designed the game very badly. There was also the fact that I messed up Lind's night action which led me into giving some compensation and that was how Zem and Mango got permacrushed, otherwise that permacrush never would have happened. The game was lost for town from the very start. In order to win the game, they would have lynch scum every day and be perfect with night actions, an impossible task. Either that or town doesn't claim a single time for the entire game, be it role or flavor, which is also an impossible task. It wasn't a fair game for town.
Thank you for the game Drago. Everything is always a learning experience.

For what it’s worth, I had fun.

bruh we were playing against 3 teams of two even if we managed to lynch one of them they staid and helped solve the game.
it should had been a town reward to do that, to destroy their teams.
since you gave them all the same fake claims they were able to know who not to him or target or lynch.
So it basically was a 6 man team that couldnt talk to each other.

probably next time have friendly fire on and dont give them the same fake roles.
this is why there was no friendly fire.

I was almost mafia confirmed cuz I was hinting? Killer Bee one of the fake roles lol.

Anyways GG' yall

best town performance Ive seen.
Catching scum left and right.
@Go D. Usopp ™ Carried hard AF.
MVP

I think Flower's move to seemingly quit + end the phase early was a bit risky, expecially considering her scum historical at ending them earlier, she was lucky no one was smelling enough fish and picked up the strategy in time. I was too flattered by my own discovery to make my brain function double times. That's my Achilles Talon.

I think Flower's move to seemingly quit + end the phase early was a bit risky, expecially considering her scum historical at ending them earlier, she was lucky no one was smelling enough fish and picked up the strategy in time. I was too flattered by my own discovery to make my brain function double times. That's my Achilles Talon.
As a matter of fact she would have most likely still been lynched, so she probably did it to gain precious yet in the game economy almost useless time but it was somewhat risky in my opinion.

Congrats cute Akatsuki babes :optimistic:

this game was fun overall, best town perfomance i've seen in a long time, i just believe there should be a middle term between "lazy town wins because they massclaimed in d2" and "mafia can quadra kill because some people flavor claimed"
Me and Drago talked for awhile earlier today because he wanted some feedback, he already knew before he spoke with me that his experiments weren't that great. I see no reason to really to hound him on it.

Though imo. Mafia needs to learn to have more game presence in the thread, they were given such a great handicapped they needed absolutely zero game presence to win. :few:
I think town played good, but the disasters D1 and D2 came from the fact that we didn’t know each other and couldn’t coordinate rather than town playing well.

Imagine our nightmare towards the end of day when we realised TAC was indeed scum :catcry:

It would be something which would never happen had we all known.

But of course, most of us were inactive and that was also a problem.

Props to the ladies @Flower and @Melontonin for saving the day! :hurry:

Also @LANJI CUCKSMOKE as Kisame was my hero!

I was literally telling you she did it in the Wano game
Nobody listened

I was literally telling you she did it in the Wano game
Nobody listened
Did she do the exact same thing however? I don't recall that at all. I mean I had already caught on the fact ending phases was her scum meta and I had mentioned it.

In order to find out she was presumably scum I had to come up with sheer analytical + abstract reasoning anyway.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
I actually legitimately thought for a moment that she could have been lynch resistant but I didn't type it on here. Instead I typed the Jester possibility. :kayneshrug:

Too flattered by my discovery about her presumable flip and so my brain turned too absent-minded.
We were kinda both there, I was also thinking it was too good to be true, but I didn't voice my concern

Status
Not open for further replies.