[FNZ] Super Role Madness [Season 2] Round 5 - Joker Appears In Worstgen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
You‘ve seen me in the Christmas game. I don‘t give myself difficult wincons if I can choose :kayneshrug:.
Right, but you're claiming Survivor. Not only is Survivor one of the most garbo win-cons present in Mafia (frankly, I've completely written off the plain Survivor win-con, because the playstyle that best lends itself to winning also happens to be the most joyless and boring ways to play, that being, literally don't play the game), but also the single most dependent on other players outside of yourself. As Town, you can hunt for scum, and as Scum, you can plot and scheme to best facilitate your chances of winning. As Survivor, you claim, and hope that the Town don't lynch you, and also have to toe the line between keeping the Town happy, while not actually scum hunting, because if you are actually scum hunting, Scum will probably kill you out of spite. Aside from maybe Serial, you really couldn't have picked a more difficult win-con, because even if you do everything in your power to play to that win-con, your chances of actually reaching it are entirely dependent on others.

And really, I'm to believe that you're given the opportunity to create your own role, and you decide to come up with... Survivor? Rolling Survivor in Mafia is pulling the shortest of straws, willingly doing so is reserved for only the most depraved of masochists. I'm going to posit to the rest of the Town that we pursue your full claim.

----

To start off, I also investigate as Guilty. I'm a Miller. Now, my definition of Miller means that the Sanity of any investigation is reversed when targeting the Miller, hence it is applied to Trackers, Watchers, Name Cops etc, and not just your standard alignment Cops. Having checked with Al, however, he is using the definition wherein Miller only affects standard Cops, so as a negative utility, it really isn't as debilitating as I expected it to be. Obviously, there is more to my role than simply Miller, but I won't be claiming unless there is a consensus for it, and only under the threat of a lynch.

Now, generally speaking, the best way to analyse Miller claims, because Cops can't simply clear them, is to cross-examine their flavour. In a more typical game, a Miller would be a character that could feasibly be on the scum team, but for one reason or another, they're part of the Town. For example, if I were to make a game based on The Fellowship of the Ring, and I decided that the Mafia group in that game would comprise of several members of the Fellowship, with the non-Fellowship players being Town, I might make Boromir a Miller, because while he was part of the Fellowship, his ideals and motivations ran counter to what the Fellowship were aiming to do. In a recent game I hosted on Thriller Bark, I used the Kiseki series as the theme, and within that, I made several "Enforcers" of the villain group in that game as the Mafia group. However, I included one Enforcer amongst the Town, as, for a time, she was on break from being an Enforcer. As she was still an Enforcer though, she was a Miller. The point I'm making here is that a Miller is supposed to be a window to elucidate to the Town who the scum group may be.

That is, however, a typical game. In this game, Mafia could, quite literally, be whomever anyone pleases, and there isn't even necessarily anything thematic to tie the characters together. So, I had to make sure I could justify exactly why the character I picked would invesitgate the same as how Scum would.

My character is Rimi Sakihata, the main heroine of the Visual Novel Chaos;Head, the first of the Science;Adventure series, of which I'm sure many of you are at least familiar with Steins;Gate. Rimi is a very layered and morally-complex character, and I could probably justify including her as just about any alignment out there, but what is particularly interesting about Chaos;Head is that both herself and the main protagonist traditionally fail in their respective roles, Heroine and Protagonist. The protagonist, for instance, spends most of the game rejecting and running away from the core conflict, and Rimi is actively driving said protagonist into avoiding the conflict entirely. They are also both characters that, while certainly possessing heroic ideals, are fundamentally evil, in that they are driven by evil motivations (namely, selfishness) in pursuit of their goals. And in addition to this, Rimi spends approximately a third of the game as the main antagonist, in the truest sense of the word, so there is more than enough reason present from the flavour to justify why she would investigate as Guilty. In fact, this aura of mystery surrounds her all the way up to the very end of the game, as you're never really quite sure what her true motivations are given how many curveballs are thrown your way.

I feel like that is probably good enough to justify the Miller part of the role. I'm willing to field questions if anyone has anything they'd like to establish about the flavour of my role, and I'm fully aware that a Miller claim is at least an inconvenience, but that is after all why I spent my time writing this post.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
So again.

Usopp went for the Joker Serum. When you go to that location you get a post restriction. Do us a favor Usopp and communicate through pictures because translating what you're saying is kinda annoying

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player
Right, but you're claiming Survivor. Not only is Survivor one of the most garbo win-cons present in Mafia (frankly, I've completely written off the plain Survivor win-con, because the playstyle that best lends itself to winning also happens to be the most joyless and boring ways to play, that being, literally don't play the game), but also the single most dependent on other players outside of yourself. As Town, you can hunt for scum, and as Scum, you can plot and scheme to best facilitate your chances of winning. As Survivor, you claim, and hope that the Town don't lynch you, and also have to toe the line between keeping the Town happy, while not actually scum hunting, because if you are actually scum hunting, Scum will probably kill you out of spite. Aside from maybe Serial, you really couldn't have picked a more difficult win-con, because even if you do everything in your power to play to that win-con, your chances of actually reaching it are entirely dependent on others.

And really, I'm to believe that you're given the opportunity to create your own role, and you decide to come up with... Survivor? Rolling Survivor in Mafia is pulling the shortest of straws, willingly doing so is reserved for only the most depraved of masochists. I'm going to posit to the rest of the Town that we pursue your full claim.

----

To start off, I also investigate as Guilty. I'm a Miller. Now, my definition of Miller means that the Sanity of any investigation is reversed when targeting the Miller, hence it is applied to Trackers, Watchers, Name Cops etc, and not just your standard alignment Cops. Having checked with Al, however, he is using the definition wherein Miller only affects standard Cops, so as a negative utility, it really isn't as debilitating as I expected it to be. Obviously, there is more to my role than simply Miller, but I won't be claiming unless there is a consensus for it, and only under the threat of a lynch.

Now, generally speaking, the best way to analyse Miller claims, because Cops can't simply clear them, is to cross-examine their flavour. In a more typical game, a Miller would be a character that could feasibly be on the scum team, but for one reason or another, they're part of the Town. For example, if I were to make a game based on The Fellowship of the Ring, and I decided that the Mafia group in that game would comprise of several members of the Fellowship, with the non-Fellowship players being Town, I might make Boromir a Miller, because while he was part of the Fellowship, his ideals and motivations ran counter to what the Fellowship were aiming to do. In a recent game I hosted on Thriller Bark, I used the Kiseki series as the theme, and within that, I made several "Enforcers" of the villain group in that game as the Mafia group. However, I included one Enforcer amongst the Town, as, for a time, she was on break from being an Enforcer. As she was still an Enforcer though, she was a Miller. The point I'm making here is that a Miller is supposed to be a window to elucidate to the Town who the scum group may be.

That is, however, a typical game. In this game, Mafia could, quite literally, be whomever anyone pleases, and there isn't even necessarily anything thematic to tie the characters together. So, I had to make sure I could justify exactly why the character I picked would invesitgate the same as how Scum would.

My character is Rimi Sakihata, the main heroine of the Visual Novel Chaos;Head, the first of the Science;Adventure series, of which I'm sure many of you are at least familiar with Steins;Gate. Rimi is a very layered and morally-complex character, and I could probably justify including her as just about any alignment out there, but what is particularly interesting about Chaos;Head is that both herself and the main protagonist traditionally fail in their respective roles, Heroine and Protagonist. The protagonist, for instance, spends most of the game rejecting and running away from the core conflict, and Rimi is actively driving said protagonist into avoiding the conflict entirely. They are also both characters that, while certainly possessing heroic ideals, are fundamentally evil, in that they are driven by evil motivations (namely, selfishness) in pursuit of their goals. And in addition to this, Rimi spends approximately a third of the game as the main antagonist, in the truest sense of the word, so there is more than enough reason present from the flavour to justify why she would investigate as Guilty. In fact, this aura of mystery surrounds her all the way up to the very end of the game, as you're never really quite sure what her true motivations are given how many curveballs are thrown your way.

I feel like that is probably good enough to justify the Miller part of the role. I'm willing to field questions if anyone has anything they'd like to establish about the flavour of my role, and I'm fully aware that a Miller claim is at least an inconvenience, but that is after all why I spent my time writing this post.
just to make sure:
You create your own town role, make it Miller and claim it right away D1 just to write an essay on Miller functionality and make a case on why Flower's choice is a weak choice?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Did you intentionally make yourself a miller and make it harder for TI to determine your leanings, or was this something Al required to balance out the rest of your role?

Follow up if the 1st part is true; Why make yourself miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.