Speculations Did Kaidu use Awakening on Luffy?

S

Shepherd

At the end of Chapter 1013, Kaido says,"It's been a while since I got this fired up".

Now, it is highly unlikely that Kaido is referring to him going Hybrid, because even after that, Luffy was still able to trade blow-for-blow while in base form, even clashing with him equally in 1012.

If Luffy was able to clash equally with Hybrid Kaido while in BASE form, that means Luffy would have simply steamrolled Kaido the moment he entered G4, assuming he could use Advanced CoC in Gear 4.

Obviously, the only way for Hybrid Kaido to handle Advanced CoC Gear 4 Luffy is, assuming he didn't cheat like he did against Oden, is by revealing his awakened form.

Awakened form is probably what Kaido meant when he said "fired up".

If it wasn't Hybrid form, than I don't really know why Oda would bother off screening this and having Kaido word it this way.

Any thoughts?

At the end of Chapter 1013, Kaido says,"It's been a while since I got this fired up".

Now, it is highly unlikely that Kaido is referring to him going Hybrid, because even after that, Luffy was still able to trade blow-for-blow while in base form, even clashing with him equally in 1012.

If Luffy was able to clash equally with Hybrid Kaido while in BASE form, that means Luffy would have simply steamrolled Kaido the moment he entered G4, assuming he could use Advanced CoC in Gear 4.

Obviously, the only way for Hybrid Kaido to handle Advanced CoC Gear 4 Luffy is, assuming he didn't cheat like he did against Oden, is by revealing his awakened form.

If it wasn't Hybrid form, than I don't really know why Oda would bother off screening this and having Kaido word it this way.

Any thoughts?
Nothing suggests that

S

Shepherd

Nothing suggests that Hybrid Kaido was not enough. Kaido did not use awakening or we would have known.
The fact that Hybrid Kaido could only equal base Luffy during their 1012 clashes means that Gear 4th Luffy with Adv CoC would have 100% overwhelmed Hybrid Kaido. That's probably what happened :kayneshrug:

Also, I disagree that we have to know if Kaido used awakening. Perhaps Oda offscreened it because he would rather wait until Round 3 to reveal it to us officially.

S

Shepherd

Or perhaps Kaido just used one of his stronger moves and blitzed Luffy.
Wouldn't Oda have shown it then rather than off-screening, effectively hiding it from us?
Post automatically merged:

:seriously: Baseless.............luffy used g5 on kaido there you go :cheers:
Why would Luffy need g5 when base form was enough to fight equally with him, let alone G4? From what we can tell from 1012, even a single Kong Gun with Adv. CoC would have been a major blow

Wouldn't Oda have shown it then rather than off-screening, effectively hiding it from us?

Why would Luffy need g5 when base form was enough to fight equally with him, let alone G4?
Luffy would still get knocked out from a direct Bagua and Ragnarok since AdvCoC hasn't actually made him more durable rather it's protecting him through not allowing Kaidos club to hit him(Like a force field). Since we have the line of Kaido saying that Luffy essentially got too ahead of himself with his new "weapon" we can conclude that Luffy probably gassed himself out since he lacks the experience with said new ability, which then allowed Kaido to hit Luffy directly again since there is nothing there to push it back. But I do believe that off screened fight is the first time Kaido truly went all out since I think he saw Luffy to be worthy enough after he showed the ability that Kaido stated "only the strongest posses". So when Kaido said he got "fired up", that really just means he stopped testing Luffy and was finally fighting him like a true adversary.

S

Shepherd

What makes you think awakened kaido can't be > g5 luffy?
That could also very much be the case, just depends on how strong Awakened Kaido would be.

Luffy would still get knocked out from a direct Bagua and Ragnarok since AdvCoC hasn't actually made him more durable rather it's protecting him through not allowing Kaidos club to hit him(Like a force field). Since we have the line of Kaido saying that Luffy essentially got too ahead of himself with his new "weapon" we can conclude that Luffy probably gassed himself out since he lacks the experience with said new ability, which then allowed Kaido to hit Luffy directly again since there is nothing there to push it back. But I do believe that off screened fight is the first time Kaido truly went all out since I think he saw Luffy to be worthy enough after he showed the ability that Kaido stated "only the strongest posses". So when Kaido said he got "fired up", that really just means he stopped testing Luffy and was finally fighting him like a true adversary.
This might also be the case, Luffy overusing CoC and getting gassed out. However, would what's basically a repeat of earlier with Luffy running out of Haki really warrant an offscreening? Again man this is Oda hiding what happened from us. Kaido treating Luffy like a "true adversary" could definitely mean fighting Luffy in his awakened form. We'll just have to see

Last edited by a moderator:
That could also very much be the case, just depends on how strong Awakened Kaido would be. Whatever the case is however, Oda offsceeened the climax to the biggest fight in the series so there must be significance to that.

This might also be the case, Luffy overusing CoC and getting gassed out. However, would what's basically a repeat of earlier with Luffy running out of Haki really warrant an offscreening? Again man this is Oda hiding what happened from us. Kaido treating Luffy like a "true adversary" could definitely mean fighting Luffy in his awakened form. We'll just have to see
I think him using awakening is a possibility but I would rather that be a on screen moment that is hyped up by a bunch of secondary characters to give it the feeling of dread. My opinion is that Oda just did it for dramatic effect, imagine the last time we saw Luffy he was as confident as can be, us the readers and those in the story believed that he may pull this off, then boom, Luffy is knocked out cold falling off of Onigashima. I believe its there for shock value and to slip Yamato into the mix somehow. Luffy also doesn't need to have necessarily ran out of Haki, just that Kaido was able to overcome his AdvCoC force field by dialing up his own output as Luffy started to wane, lets not forget that Luffy has been fighting the WSC for dozens of minutes, so this scenario is very likely and in fact makes sense.

It's quite a likely possibility. Kaidou said he is excited, Kaidou said Luffy gained access to CoC a powerful weapon but got carried away. Kaidou getting excited thus using his Awakening and destroying Luffy is quite possible imo.

S

Shepherd

I think him using awakening is a possibility but I would rather that be a on screen moment that is hyped up by a bunch of secondary characters to give it the feeling of dread. My opinion is that Oda just did it for dramatic effect, imagine the last time we saw Luffy he was as confident as can be, us the readers and those in the story believed that he may pull this off, then boom, Luffy is knocked out cold falling off of Onigashima. I believe its there for shock value and to slip Yamato into the mix somehow. Luffy also doesn't need to have necessarily ran out of Haki, just that Kaido was able to overcome his AdvCoC force field by dialing up his own output as Luffy started to wane, lets not forget that Luffy has been fighting the WSC for dozens of minutes, so this scenario is very likely and in fact makes sense.
Good input man, it could very well be for dramatic effect. I hope what happened here will tie into the final Luffy vs Kaido fight, more specifically I hope they sort of explain what got offscreened here even if it wasnt Kaido using awakening.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

Any thoughts?
Its mean Kaido might goes for near all out.
"Its been a while" might referred to his fight against Shanks and Oden.
But this doesnt mean Luffy = Shanks.