Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Nami and Usopp will solo their opponents eventually... this round actually will end up in alliance defeat... proof of that is Luffy is out.. and Zoro is out... and I actually think some others will lose too... and it’s very likely whatever is left from SHs during that round will work on retreating and saving whoever lost... in order to have a counterattack round in act 4 or 5...
Regardless... Big Mom being the one to take out Pageone and Ulti is only telling e this is what’s gonna happen

there is Zero percent chance that Ulti and Pageone are done.. you know what Zero is?
It’s ZEROOOO

Oda did not build up the tension between Ulti/Pageone vs Nami/Usopp to actually make someone else beat them for them...

Not a single person/reader will accept that this was Nami and Usopp arc fight..

so yeah, the same way it applies to Sanji with calamity.. it will apply for the rest of the crew...

It might be actually likely too that Jinbe will NOT lose against Who’s who cause I see a better match for Jinbe against another Fishman like Jack... so, Oda might just use that fight to reveal more about Who’s who

don’t forget the plot of Who’s who and Tobi Roppo will eventually have a clash for a calamity seat...

This round is Doomed! I’m almost 100% sure now... so whatever is happening in matches right now is not telling us how it will fold out eventually...

Oda in this round only showcased clearly how Nami/Usopp fare against Pageone/Ulti for them to actually get stronger between this round and the next round in act 4 or 5

So.. eventually they all will solo... including Sanji vs Calamity.. and Jinbe too vs Calamity be it a continuation with Who’s who who will replace a calamity or with Jack as new opponent
The raid failing would remove most of my doubts about Sanji soloing Queen, but I still don't expect it at this point in time.

Sanji's clear to fight Queen if he starts to properly use the RS combined with his DJ/HM + Hardening, let alone thinking of potential power ups.
This is fair I think.

If RS Sanji is scaled to elite Tobi Roppo level, then the addition of DJ and Hell's Memories pushing him to Calamity level is reasonable.

I guess my major question would be:
If Sanji defeats Queen solo, what do these characters do?
  • Drake
  • Apoo
  • Kawamatsu
  • Izo
  • Chopper
?

you can't hold it against Sanji that the first time he uses the RS and only tests out his functions he doesn't beat up Page One so bad that he can't recover to be part of the war two weeks later with only two kicks.
Sanji is not shown to have defeated Pay Pay at all, let alone for any appreciable length of time.

When Yamato KOed Ulti, even though she was only knocked out for a short while, her getting knocked out was still shown.

Sanji was never shown to have knocked out Pay Pay.

coz it narratively makes sense and he is worthy

if he doesn't solo a YC1 or YC2 then i take the L

but if it does happen @Cinera it would prove your incompetence in gauging sanji's strength due to preconceived twisted narrative and your base level comprehension of the narrative is flawed introspection if you are humble enough to do so. You should realize that the moment sanji fight a YC1 or YC2 EoW or after it... every single one of your ludicrous and flimsy essays with the time you pathetically wasted over them will go down in the dump with your credibility.

Goodluck

It's emphasized how little Sanji could feel of that attack because of how durable the RS is. Meanwhile in Page One case is emphasized how much he can feel Sanji's second kick because his screams of pain resonated through out the city to the point where Law and co could hear it clearly.

You don't see Page One's state after Sanji's second kick.

And again, Sanji's just testing out the RS while Luffy's using his polished fighting style with named moves post training.
Just because Law could hear it doesn't mean it could be heard throughout the city.

Exactly you don't see it so I'm not supposed to assume he made P1 bleed

Where are you getting "just testing" from? Sanji never makes such a statement

The raid failing would remove most of my doubts about Sanji soloing Queen, but I still don't expect it at this point in time.

This is fair I think.

If RS Sanji is scaled to elite Tobi Roppo level, then the addition of DJ and Hell's Memories pushing him to Calamity level is reasonable.

I guess my major question would be:
If Sanji defeats Queen solo, what do these characters do?
  • Drake
  • Apoo
  • Kawamatsu
  • Izo
  • Chopper
?

Sanji is not shown to have defeated Pay Pay at all, let alone for any appreciable length of time.

When Yamato KOed Ulti, even though she was only knocked out for a short while, her getting knocked out was still shown.

Sanji was never shown to have knocked out Pay Pay.
To start with the last part of your post, i'm not arguing that Sanji KO'ed Page One with that attack, or for how long he did it. We simply don't know.

All we know is that two weeks later Page One was fine, and Sanji saying that he will lower the enemy numbers didn't come true. So that's the only thing we know for sure happened and we can hold against Sanji, is that he did not beat up Page One so bad that he'd be unable to be part of the fight that happened two weeks later.

Chopper will probably take Zoro into custody and heal him for a while as soon as Sanji hits the live stage with him wrapped up like that.

X Drake vs Apoo i think will turn into a solo fight and X Drake will defeat him in the end.

Kawamatsu and Izo could get involved with King and stall him alongside others maybe until Zoro get's healed, especially if Marco ends up getting defeated by the All Star duo with potentially Perospero's help, before Nekomamushi get's a chance to take on Perospero.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
No, he never showed that he can hold his own against King. He was essentially low diffed.
Low diffed? Sanji was protecting Momo while King laid the hammer and Sanji came out without any blood or anything on him.

Sanji did not defeat Pay Pay at all, let alone with no difficulty.
You know damn well if that fight went on Sanji would have 0 problems beating Page One without any difficulty. Page One barely managed to keep up with Sanji and when he did he did 0 damage to Sanji. Meanwhile Sanji's basic kicks made Page One screams like a prom girl when winning the crown

This never happened in the manga.
And? Anime is under supervision of Oda and many other scenes didn't happen in the manga too but you don't seem to give a damn when it benefits you lol

The Tobi Roppo are above Oven and Daifuku.
Baseless claim
Veterans of BM pirates and Tobi Ropo were put on equal footing and anyone with any reading comprehension can see that

Sanji did not match Zoan King's power. Base King overpowered his block with a kick, choked him and took him out with a dive bomb attack.

Sanji may have been knocked out and didn't show himself again until a (few) chapter(s) later.
Sanji blocked King while protecting Momo and when King had the momentum. And when King attacked Sanji Sanji had 0 injuries. What a might low diff lol

Maybe, he hasn't shown the ability to do this yet though.
He did, you are just choosing to ignore it and head cannon your own opinions on what happened and what didn't happen. And you are doing that for months on end here and when someone proves you wrong you take a break lol

He definitely came out looking better than P1 in their clash.Putting Sanji against someone on that level again just doesn't do it hype-wise.It's only natural that by now Sanji can beat this level of people.
When we don't even know how the match ended not really sure.
My point has been about soloing a calamity just because he can solo an F6 doesn't mean he can solo a calamity....even more so that he used his power up against said F6 and couldn't low diff him

Just because Law could hear it doesn't mean it could be heard throughout the city.

Exactly you don't see it so I'm not supposed to assume he made P1 bleed

Where are you getting "just testing" from? Sanji never makes such a statement
Law, Usopp, Franky could all hear it. It could be heard at great distance, didn't take any special ability to hear it.

I mean literally Sanji is shown to discover the abilities for the first time and be unaware of them as they unfold. It's a test run, he has no idea what he's doing.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
When we don't even know how the match ended not really sure.
My point has been about soloing a calamity just because he can solo an F6 doesn't mean he can solo a calamity....even more so that he used his power up against said F6 and couldn't low diff him
It took a CoC imbued punch from BM to take out Page one and a literally Laser Beam to knock out Ulti yet people are talking shit Sanji's basic kicks didn't knock out P1

If sanji used Diable Jamble or Haki that fight would have been over quite soon

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Franky is soloing a Tobi Roppo when we've seen nothing that justifies him being on that level.

Brook was stalemating a gifter in Zou and got no-diffed by Perospero, now he's tag-teaming Black Maria with Robin, another character who hasn't done anything to justify her leap in strength.

Zoro needed help defeating Pica back in Dressrosa and got blitzed by Carrot, now he's fighting 2 Yonko and scarred one of them.

Why is Sanji the only character that people have issues with making jumps in power? People don't want him to solo a Calamity purely because of agenda reasons.

The ship has sailed for realistic growth because Oda decided to highlight Luffy's growth Post-TS at the expense of the rest of his main cast.
Well, I disagree with this:
  • Franky may get assistance from Denjiro
  • Robin and Brook are tag teaming Black Maria
  • Zoro did not need help beating Pica
  • Carrot never blitzed Zoro

But as I said earlier, Sanji reaching Queen's level of his Raid Suit is combined with Diable Jambe/Hell's Memories or even unlocking new power ups in the form of his genetic enhancements is feasible.

I wouldn't endorse a position that Sanji cannot face Queen because he's too weak.

Sanji doesn't have the feats to suggest he's that strong, but:
  • Raid Suit Sanji looked stronger than Page One
    • This was while he was only testing out the Raid Suit's enhancements.
  • There is a clear path for Raid Suit Sanji to display greater combat ability than what he showed against Pay Pay
    • Sanji did not use any named techniques.
    • Sanji did not use Diable Jambe.
    • Sanji did not use Hell's Memories.
  • If the above are not sufficient to boost Sanji to Queen level, then Sanji can power up even further:
    • The Vinsmoke exoskeleton
    • His genetic enhancements

I guess you could say that current Sanji is below the Calamities, but there's a very viable pathway for him to become strong enough to defeat them.

Oda doesn't have to take this pathway, but it's an option open to him.

@Geo.

It absolutely matters, because Queen is fighting in his Zoan form and using CoA to defend himself, while Sanji's putting up absolutely no defense and getting hit non stop.

If Sanji was using the RS and CoA against Black Maria, you could belittle her attempts to harm him in this manner while contrasting it with Marco's attempts to harm Queen, but the scenario is entirely different and has to be considered as such.

This is Sanjis state after he let himself get beat up

This is Queens state after all the attacks we've seen him take from Marco

@Garp the Fist: for the record, I agree with Kuro Ashi here. The Marco fight does not appear to have noticeably nerfed Queen in anyway.

Personally, I'll only consider Sanji vs Queen to not be a solo victory if:
  • Sanji fights Queen in a tag team
  • A team of (Drake, Apoo, Chopper, Kawamatsu, Izo, Hyougoro, etc.) fight Queen first.
  • Queen appears to be heavily injured when his fight with Sanji begins

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I mean, for all the hate he gets here - every bit of it deserved - Sanji’s still one of the most powerful people on the crew and in the world. He’s gonna fight a Calamity either way, solo or with some help, and he’ll ultimately win even if PIS turns out to be the real MVP. Whoever he fights, Zoro’s gonna square off against a stronger opponent: if Sanji lines up with Jack, it’s Zoro vs Queen; if the cook faces Queen, the swordsman will be on King; on the slimmest chance that Sanji ends up handling King, you better believe Zoro’s going another round with Kaido. Nothing to be ashamed of in any of those matchups! :myman:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I mean, for all the hate he gets here - every bit of it deserved - Sanji’s still one of the most powerful people on the crew and in the world. He’s gonna fight a Calamity either way, solo or with some help, and he’ll ultimately win even if PIS turns out to be the real MVP. Whoever he fights, Zoro’s gonna square off against a stronger opponent: if Sanji lines up with Jack, it’s Zoro vs Queen; if the cook faces Queen, the swordsman will be on King; on the slimmest chance that Sanji ends up handling King, you better believe Zoro’s going another round with Kaido. Nothing to be ashamed of in any of those matchups! :myman:
Not like that formula has been happening for ages now and Oda repeats stuff like its GER

It absolutely matters, because Queen is fighting in his Zoan form and using CoA to defend himself, while Sanji's putting up absolutely no defense and getting hit non stop.
Does it look like those defences have done much?

The Phoenix Brand attack in particular seems to have caused serious damage. Coughing up blood, eye’s bulging out of his head.

There’s no world in which attacks from Black Maria do more damage than attacks from Marco. I don’t care whether Sanji is using CoA to protect himself or not.
If Sanji was using the RS and CoA against Black Maria, you could belittle her attempts to harm him in this manner while contrasting it with Marco's attempts to harm Queen, but the scenario is entirely different and has to be considered as such.
It’s not belittling, it’s a fact. Marco could neg-diff Black Maria. He is in an entirely different weight category from her. Any damage he does >>>>>> any damage she does. Queen has taken far more powerful attacks than anything Sanji has. You can’t cherry pick and say the damage Sanji took counts, but the much more impressive attacks Queen took doesn’t.

Other’s have contributed to Queen’s downfall. That’s undeniable. It is not a case of a fully healthy Sanji beating a fully healthy Queen solo. Marco has played a big role, Chopper has played a small role, who knows if Izo, Kawamatsu or Drake will also help.

This is Sanjis state after he let himself get beat up

This is Queens state after all the attacks we've seen him take from Marco

Yeah, and Kaido doesn’t look all that damaged here

That doesn’t mean we should ignore all the damage that the Worst Gen and the Scabbards did to him and say that actually, when Luffy comes back and beats him, he’s really done it solo.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not like that formula has been happening for ages now and Oda repeats stuff like its GER
Yeah, I’m really looking forward to hearing “GODA 🙏🙌” when the matchups are set and Sanji ends up facing one of the three viable options like he was always, ALWAYS going to do...said it in another thread, but if we’re sucking the author off for doing the bare minimum at his job, this fandom is way more far gone than I already think it is :sanmoji:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Your delusions run deep. It’s a damn shame.

Sanji would mid high Yamato with current feats for both. Actually not even, he just mid diffs. Yamato is barely above Flying Six level
Sanji's best offence feat is failing to draw blood from a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

Yamato's best offence feat is oneshotting a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

By feats, Sanji gets Thunder Bagua'd.

Aight so if you make up your own rules for who's supposed to be assumed and who not then you can make an argument.
For what it's worth, I didn't assume the Calamities were using COA. Even if they were, they were not using hardening.

Yamato did not use COA to protect herself from Sasaki's cannon fire. She took an endless barrage of cannon fire and did not protect herself with COA. It's extremely stupid, but Oda regularly has his characters make such stupid decisions. See Jack rather dying than transforming into his Hybrid form against the Sulong Dukes. In Yamato's case, he wanted to highlight her natural durability. In Jack's case he wanted to hide his Hybrid form.

Sanji has used COA without hardening, so it would be genuinely ambiguous if Oda did not clarify.

Does it look like those defences have done much?

The Phoenix Brand attack in particular seems to have caused serious damage. Coughing up blood, eye’s bulging out of his head.

There’s no world in which attacks from Black Maria do more damage than attacks from Marco. I don’t care whether Sanji is using CoA to protect himself or not.

It’s not belittling, it’s a fact. Marco could neg-diff Black Maria. He is in an entirely different weight category from her. Any damage he does >>>>>> any damage she does. Queen has taken far more powerful attacks than anything Sanji has. You can’t cherry pick and say the damage Sanji took counts, but the much more impressive attacks Queen took doesn’t.

Other’s have contributed to Queen’s downfall. That’s undeniable. It is not a case of a fully healthy Sanji beating a fully healthy Queen solo. Marco has played a big role, Chopper has played a small role, who knows if Izo, Kawamatsu or Drake will also help.

Yeah, and Kaido doesn’t look all that damaged here

That doesn’t mean we should ignore all the damage that the Worst Gen and the Scabbards did to him and say that actually, when Luffy comes back and beats him, he’s really done it solo.
Sanji's still not looking good just a chapter ago with Zoro on his back

No Zoan recovery to fall back on to get him back in shape like with Kaido/Queen.

You can't be dismissive of how much damage a Flying Six can do if it has you tied up and unwilling to defend yourself even with CoA, and get's to beat at you to their heart content. I mean, you can make the choice to do that, but Oda can absolutely let a strong character get beat up and put in a bad state or injured by someone weaker because he's unwilling to do anything about it.

I think Sanji is closer to Luffy than he is to Zoro.
The portrayal of them attacking Big Mom to save Reiju...
Their combat style is equally as effective - not so much.

Luffy pulled ahead a bit due to advCoA/CoC but Sanjino didnt throw the towel yet.
Comparing anyone to Zoro, not just Sanji, is just unfair.
They don't stand a chance against Zoro.
The struggle and effort shown here to pull Zoro wank and also to downplay Luffy is quite expected coming from you, but unfortunately i'm not into that style of argument since i don't dislike Zoro.