Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been picked up on by some people throughout this 360+ page thread but.......

Oda loves to implement the bait and switch tactic before a strawhat joins the crew.
  • This can be seen as far back as Alabasta.
    • We are given several arcs with Vivi (Whiskey Peaks, Little Garden, Drum, then Alabasta) only to have Nico Robin join, of whom we have just met as an agent of the enemy pirate crew.
  • Then in the Water 7 Saga, I'm sure the people of the era can vouch for me as well, we had spent both W7 and Enies Lobby with Paulie, he played a large role even being stuck trapped with Luffy, only for Franky to be baited in, despite Franky being an enemy by beating Usopp's ass.
    • Franky also has a flashback and a mentor figure who's died.
  • This is my headcanon, feel free to just simply ignore this.
    • Law plays an original role as ally (he could leave or join (I think he stays)).
    • But we get an extensive flashback and time spent on Rebecca as well as Kyros, however, at the end we leave with Law and not Rebecca
      • Law is also given an extensive flashback and mentor figure who's died. Law was also a prior agent within the ranks of the Donquixote Pirate's only to have redacted his position.
  • Then recently, we are given Carrot who strings along since Zou, people expect her to join the crew, yet she has even a less highlighted role than Vivi and even Rebecca. Also within this arc we explore the role of Momonosuke and the introduction of Yamato. Yamato also asks Luffy to join immediately within the first couple chapters and her inherited will (of Oden) is highlighted towards the bottom of her introductory page.
    • Keep in mind Yamato is the son/daughter of the Enemy and her mentor figure (Ace or possibly someone else once we get her FB) will be expanded on has died.
    • We can keep the same energy between Momonosuke and Tama. Tama isn't given as much of a presence and focus as Momonosuke. The bait could be leave Momo and take Tama, vice-versa, or keep the Cabin-children theme evident on several noteworthy pirate crews paralleled amongst the strawhats and take both.
TLDR:
  1. Introduce and Travel with Vivi, Robin joins
  2. Introduce and Travel with Paulie, Franky joins
  3. Introduce Rebecca, Law joins (unconfirmed, skip if you disagree)
  4. Introduce and Travel with Carrot, Yamato Joins

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
This has probably been picked up on by some people throughout this 360+ page thread but.......

Oda loves to implement the bait and switch tactic before a strawhat joins the crew.
  • This can be seen as far back as Alabasta.
    • We are given several arcs with Vivi (Whiskey Peaks, Little Garden, Drum, then Alabasta) only to have Nico Robin join, of whom we have just met as an agent of the enemy pirate crew.
  • Then in the Water 7 Saga, I'm sure the people of the era can vouch for me as well, we had spent both W7 and Enies Lobby with Paulie, he played a large role even being stuck trapped with Luffy, only for Franky to be baited in, despite Franky being an enemy by beating Usopp's ass.
    • Franky also has a flashback and a mentor figure who's died.
  • This is my headcanon, feel free to just simply ignore this.
    • Law plays an original role as ally (he could leave or join (I think he stays)).
    • But we get an extensive flashback and time spent on Rebecca as well as Kyros, however, at the end we leave with Law and not Rebecca
      • Law is also given an extensive flashback and mentor figure who's died. Law was also a prior agent within the ranks of the Donquixote Pirate's only to have redacted his position.
  • Then recently, we are given Carrot who strings along since Zou, people expect her to join the crew, yet she has even a less highlighted role than Vivi and even Rebecca. Also within this arc we explore the role of Momonosuke and the introduction of Yamato. Yamato also asks Luffy to join immediately within the first couple chapters and her inherited will (of Oden) is highlighted towards the bottom of her introductory page.
    • Keep in mind Yamato is the son/daughter of the Enemy and her mentor figure (Ace or possibly someone else once we get her FB) will be expanded on has died.
    • We can keep the same energy between Momonosuke and Tama. Tama isn't given as much of a presence and focus as Momonosuke. The bait could be leave Momo and take Tama, vice-versa, or keep the Cabin-children theme evident on several noteworthy pirate crews paralleled amongst the strawhats and take both.
TLDR:
  1. Introduce and Travel with Vivi, Robin joins
  2. Introduce and Travel with Paulie, Franky joins
  3. Introduce Rebecca, Law joins (unconfirmed, skip if you disagree)
  4. Introduce and Travel with Carrot, Yamato Joins
I want both Yamato and Law to join.

Jimbe had a much larger crew and yet he joined.

Law's crew is fodder and irrelevant. They can become the Bepo Pirates Post Wano.
Jinbei might had own his crew he was never interested in pursuing the same goal as Luffy. Law on other hand did to same goal as luffy to some
to degree . Plus we already have doctor among straw hats already.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Jinbei might had own his crew he was never interested in pursuing the same goal as Luffy. Law on other hand did to same goal as luffy to some
to degree . Plus we already have doctor among straw hats already.
  • Law never wanted to be the Pirate King.
    • His true goal was to kill Doflamingo, becoming Pirate King was a ruse.
  • Law's current goal is to discover the true meaning of D.

• Law never wanted to be the Pirate King.
    • His true goal was to kill Doflamingo, becoming Pirate King was a ruse.
  • Law's current goal is to discover the true meaning of D.
That what I mean by to some degree. It’s just the will of d that main objective as Of now. He is luffy’s rival when confront donflamgo he did say he has crew go back to. There few thing I can see going with Law.
1. He dies wano
2. He accompany the straw hats with the heart pirates on their way laugh tale
3,. Since alliance is done taking down Kaido this might be where they departed ways with each other. Go on there separate journeys the next time they meet they might enemies or Frenemies

He will go down for reader as honorary straw hat for a lot people.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
That what I mean by to some degree. It’s just the will of d that main objective as Of now. He is luffy’s rival when confront donflamgo he did say he has crew go back to. There few thing I can see going with Law.
1. He dies wano
2. He accompany the straw hats with the heart pirates on their way laugh tale
3,. Since alliance is done taking down Kaido this might be where they departed ways with each other. Go on there separate journeys the next time they meet they might enemies or Frenemies

He will go down for reader as honorary straw hat for a lot people.
#1 would not happen. I'm sceptical of #3 as well.

Law needs to accompany the Strawhats to Raftel to fulfill his dream.

I'll present other options:
#4: He disbands the Heart Pirates and accompanies the Strawhats to Raftel.
#5: He leaves the Heart Pirates (Bepo becomes the new captain) and accompanies the Strawhats to Raftel.

Lets have some fun, fill out the alphabet pattern with your favorite characters:
AB Brook CD Chopper EF Franky GH ????? IJ Jinbe KL Luffy
MN Nami OP ????? QR Robin ST Sanji UV Usopp WX ????? YZ Zoro

Known characters with those starting letters
G Gaimon, Garp, Gaburu, Galdino, Gem, Genbo, Gerd, Goldberg, Gilteo, Giberson, Ginrummy, Gina, Gambia, Gatz, Gedatsu, Gazelleman, Giovanni, Giolla, Gladius, Gion, Gotti, Gyro, Gyaro, Goki, Galette, Gala
H Homing, Hawkins, Hitetsu, Hiyori, Hancock, Hatcha, Hamlet, Hammond, Hack, Hajrudin, Hamburg, Hangan, Hanji, Hannyabal, Hanzo, Happygun, Harisenbon, Haredas, Haruta, Heat, Hatchan, Hina, Helmeppo, Heppoko, Hera, Heracles, Hewitt, Hiramera, Hogback, Holdem, Hotei, Hyogoro, Hotori, Hyouzou, Hyoutaurus, Hyota, Hachee, Harumeg

O Opera, Oven, Orochi, Oars Jr, Ohm, Octopako, Oimo, Okame, Okome, Omasa, Onigumo
P Pez, Pizarro, Peclo, Packy, Pagaya, Palms, Pekoms, Pedro, Pansy, Paulie, Pound, Porche, Pell, Pappag, Pascia, Patty, Pearl, Pavlik, Pekkori, Perona, Pica, Peppoko, Penguin, Peterman, Pickles, Piiman, Pisaro, Poppoko, Poppy, Puppu, Perospero, Praline, Panna, Poire, Prim, Pudding

W Water Law, Weevil, Wadatsumi, Wire, Wyper, Wanda, Wanze, Wapol, Wallem, Warashi, Wica, Wafers, Wiro
X Drake

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Lets have some fun, fill out the alphabet pattern with your favorite characters:
AB Brook CD Chopper EF Franky GH ????? IJ Jinbe KL Luffy
MN Nami OP ????? QR Robin ST Sanji UV Usopp WX ????? YZ Zoro

Known characters with those starting letters
G Gaimon, Garp, Gaburu, Galdino, Gem, Genbo, Gerd, Goldberg, Gilteo, Giberson, Ginrummy, Gina, Gambia, Gatz, Gedatsu, Gazelleman, Giovanni, Giolla, Gladius, Gion, Gotti, Gyro, Gyaro, Goki, Galette, Gala
H Homing, Hawkins, Hitetsu, Hiyori, Hancock, Hatcha, Hamlet, Hammond, Hack, Hajrudin, Hamburg, Hangan, Hanji, Hannyabal, Hanzo, Happygun, Harisenbon, Haredas, Haruta, Heat, Hatchan, Hina, Helmeppo, Heppoko, Hera, Heracles, Hewitt, Hiramera, Hogback, Holdem, Hotei, Hyogoro, Hotori, Hyouzou, Hyoutaurus, Hyota, Hachee, Harumeg

O Opera, Oven, Orochi, Oars Jr, Ohm, Octopako, Oimo, Okame, Okome, Omasa, Onigumo
P Pez, Pizarro, Peclo, Packy, Pagaya, Palms, Pekoms, Pedro, Pansy, Paulie, Pound, Porche, Pell, Pappag, Pascia, Patty, Pearl, Pavlik, Pekkori, Perona, Pica, Peppoko, Penguin, Peterman, Pickles, Piiman, Pisaro, Poppoko, Poppy, Puppu, Perospero, Praline, Panna, Poire, Prim, Pudding

W Water Law, Weevil, Wadatsumi, Wire, Wyper, Wanda, Wanze, Wapol, Wallem, Warashi, Wica, Wafers, Wiro
X Drake
OP: Oden (Yamato)
WX: Water Law

I have no idea for GH, but I can see the above two join.

GH may just be Gangsta Gastino though.

Last edited:
#1 would not happen. I'm sceptical of #3 as well.

Law needs to accompany the Strawhats to Raftel to fulfill his dream.

I'll present other options:
#4: He disbands the Heart Pirates and accompanies the Strawhats to Raftel.
#5: He leaves the Heart Pirates (Bepo becomes the new captain) and accompanies the Strawhats to Raftel.
4. and 5. As Law said, chapter 504, 1001 and 1002 Law doesn't like the idea given order by other people unless it's himself. Plus, the fact Luffy and Law do not share same viewpoint how go about certain they have various disagreement on situations. Law does not go out of way wanting to helping others he would rather stick with plain that he lays out leave the civilian population to their fate. Although Luffy does not consider himself a hero he does go out of his way willing help people if need be.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
4. and 5. As Law said, chapter 504, 1001 and 1002 Law doesn't like the idea given order by other people unless it's himself. Plus, the fact Luffy and Law do not share same viewpoint how go about certain they have various disagreement on situations. Law does not go out of way wanting to helping others he would rather stick with plain that he lays out leave the civilian population to their fate. Although Luffy does not consider himself a hero he does go out of his way willing help people if need be.
Law's a Tsundere. Despite all his complaints, he listens to orders from Zoro and Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.