Questions & Mysteries How would you Rank Luffy, Zoro, Sanji in terms of Fighting Choreography? Who has the best?

Who has the Best Choreography?

• Luffy

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Zoro

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Sanji

Votes: 26 38.2%

• Total voters
I enjoy Luffy fighs more, maybe because Luffy has a lot of fights too... Tbf i really like Sanji vs Jabura fight, Sanji made it looks easy + that dash mid air :steef:

I hope Sanji will have a cool choreo fight in Wano
That Brochette Technique from Sanji is lowkey crazy, with enough hang time and speed combined with diable jambe, it could be a deadly piercing attack. Definitely interested in seeing the post timeskip version of this

Post automatically merged:

Sanjis choreography is by far the best

Luffys is second

Zoros is last. Oda doesn’t know how to draw sword fights.
There's been little moments here and there of Oda's swordsmanship being on point. I feel like he has an Idea of how to do it, he just for some reason doesn't want to flesh it out.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
-Sanji pound for pound has the best choreography, his fights just flow smoothly, and the angles are always well placed.
-Luffy has the highest peaks though, Lucci vs Luffy and Kat vs Luffy are the two best choreographed fights in the manga hands down.
-Zoro is good for some badass panels but aside from that his fights are too choppy. Oda's sword duels look like a powerpoint slideshow presentation at times. You only get the before and after, rarely the in betweens. It's cool for a desktop background but that's about it.

All the same choreographer so just as good to me

Style wise I like Luffy since he's hand to hand and also gets the most by far
Lol, that's my biggest issue with Oda regarding sword fights...
Only shows the (before cutting pose) then shows (the pose after cutting) and everything inbetween is missing... that goes with most important techniques lol
Oda should do gifs instead of draw pages

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
Btw Post Timeskip Ashura is the pinnacle of disappointing choreography. Those panels were a mess, so much hype and buildup for one of the ugliest flowing sequences this manga has given us.

People are still trying to figure out what exactly happened in those panels, no one truly knows. Also it doesn't help that Ashura has never been aesthetically pleasing, every single Ashura attack is indistinguishable from the next, no point even naming them different things, feels like a cheap gimmick when Oda does that.

Btw Post Timeskip Ashura is the pinnacle of disappointing choreography. Those panels were a mess, so much hype and buildup for one of the ugliest flowing sequences this manga has given us.

People are still trying to figure out what exactly happened in those panels, no one truly knows. Also it doesn't help that Ashura has never been aesthetically pleasing, every single Ashura attack is indistinguishable from the next, no point even naming them different things, feels like a cheap gimmick when Oda does that.
Ashura just sucks. Always had, always will. Doesn't even look practical, and it appears to be nothing more than a power boost, why not have Zoro have a spirit of Asura behind or even glow or have Deku veins rather than have 9 arms.

Love how even the anime has no idea what he's doing.

Compare Kyros:

Then Zoro:

At least the game tried

One cool thing about Zoro is that he highlights something very key to Oda: the attention to detail that's often either given immense praise or used against him.

You will hardly ever see a sequential comic character who is left handed when the author isn't left handed. Drawing Zoro means reversing his action sequences in a sense for perspective, and of course not cheating by flipping the scene itself. It's subtle enough that many cosplayers and pieces of merchandise don't actually notice.

1. An author who choreographs
2. Readers who follow
3. A smaller group of readers, who don't follow

Yeah it sounds like the problem is with #3...

One cool thing about Zoro is that he highlights something very key to Oda: the attention to detail that's often either given immense praise or used against him.

You will hardly ever see a sequential comic character who is left handed when the author isn't left handed. Drawing Zoro means reversing his action sequences in a sense for perspective, and of course not cheating by flipping the scene itself. It's subtle enough that many cosplayers and pieces of merchandise don't actually notice.

1. An author who choreographs
2. Readers who follow
3. A smaller group of readers, who don't follow

Yeah it sounds like the problem is with #3...
Gotcha. So explain what Zoro does with Shishi sonson. I'm assuming you follow his movements? ❀️
Post automatically merged:

Pre TS:
Sanji> Luffy> Zoro

Post TS
Luffy> Zoro> Sanji

Anime (current):
Zoro> Luffy> Sanji

Ngl Sanji's martial arts choreography used to be slick, then he became Fire leg power ranger wizard and I lost interest in them.
I've always said Oda is pretty ass at sword choreography fights.
He's still good with that. Check out Sanji Vs Judge. The spins and everything all stood out.

Gotcha. So explain what Zoro does with Shishi sonson. I'm assuming you follow his movements? ❀️
shishi sonson? It's the same quick draw you can see in a billion other things like Lupin III, Samurai Shodown, etc. Call it Yoko Noto or Kaiten Chiburi I guess.

Sanji
Luffy (G2 tied at #1)
Zoro

But I think Oda is going to change Sanji style to how Marco fought King and Queen, it's cool but I def prefer the Black Leg martial arts style.
Oda turned me around on Marco, with him getting on that Blaziken shit

Black leg style is pretty sound. Like he hits with the heel or flat of the foot to utilize his reach. Without his hands to defend, shins and insteps are iffy while knees are a pretty bad idea. But I'd like to see sweeps and wheel kicks since the enemies are always so big.

Luffy- How he utilizes his ability to pull of feats is always interesting.
Zoro- Not just because of the Swords, which in itself is interesting as they have various abilities, but also his endurance, skills and general badassness.
Sanji- Always liked his fighting ability- sky walk etc.. The Raid Suit makes it even better. I really hope Oda has some good battles ahead for Sanji so he can show it off.