Initial character designs.

So I was browsing through the RoR wiki as well as MangaPark and I found out what some of our favourite Ragnarok characters could have looked like. I thought this was rather interesting and decided to make a thread. :pepedoffy:

Some look exactly the same (e.g. Poseidon), others have slight differences from their final design (e.g. Brunhilde and Loki) and some look noticably different in the first draft design (e.g. Sasaki, Lu Bu, Thor and Goll). :watchout:

Without further ado, here they are. :fransuper:

The fandom seriously dodged a bullet on first draft Thor though. :catsweat:

RoR Gang tags:
@Bullet @DarkWitch @Blackbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @The White Crane @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Marimo_420 @Sadistic Senpai @solis @Yoru @Starbound Beast D. Draig
@nik87

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Definitely agree. Like wtf is that first design lmfao?

I prefer all the current designs tbh. Sasaki in the og one looks weird to me lol. Brunhilde is better now.

Definitely agree. Like wtf is that first design lmfao?
I know. He looks so weird and lanky. Like he fused with his brother to become Thorki or something. :sus:
I prefer all the current designs tbh. Sasaki in the og one looks weird to me lol. Brunhilde is better now.
Yeah, I definitely prefer the final designs overall.

Original Sasaki's design looks like a generic, grumpy, try hard old dude. Nothing like the laid back, colourful, humble, casual badarse chad we got now. :steef:

Not going to lie, Brunhilde with horns looks interesting. I do wonder what the deal with them was originally going to be. She is also carrying a big arse scythe. Could that be a hint about her Volund form in the future? :quest:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
She is also carrying a big arse scythe. Could that be a hint about her Volund form in the future? :quest:
Hmm might very well be. Say her volund form is a scythe. Who would be the best candidate to wield it out of the remaining humans?

Hmm might very well be. Say her volund form is a scythe. Who would be the best candidate to wield it out of the remaining humans?
Hmm, Rasputin I guess? The bloke came from a peasant background and the scythe is an agricultural tool.

Speaking of Brunhilde, in an apparent draft chapter on Reddit, she looks like an extra thick giantess.
She looks about three times Goll's height in some of these shots. Those are some Lady Dimitrescu proportions right there. :risicheck:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Hmm, Rasputin I guess? The bloke came from a peasant background and the scythe is an agricultural tool.
Hmm it's possible I guess.

Speaking of Brunhilde, in an apparent draft chapter on Reddit, she looks like an extra thick giantess.
She looks about three times Goll's height in some of these shots. Those are some Lady Dimitrescu proportions right there. :risicheck:
Lmao. Dummy thicc. Yeah she looks a bit like Lady Dimitrescu. Though I prefer the Brunhilde we got.

So I was browsing through the RoR wiki as well as MangaPark and I found out what some of our favourite Ragnarok characters could have looked like. I thought this was rather interesting and decided to make a thread. :pepedoffy:

Some look exactly the same (e.g. Poseidon), others have slight differences from their final design (e.g. Brunhilde and Loki) and some look noticably different in the first draft design (e.g. Sasaki, Lu Bu, Thor and Goll). :watchout:

Without further ado, here they are. :fransuper:

RoR Gang tags:
@Bullet @DarkWitch @Blackbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @The White Crane @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Marimo_420 @Sadistic Senpai @solis @Yoru @Starbound Beast D. Draig
@nik87
Brun's first design looks like the final form of a female lead in a RPG game. :suresure:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
โ€Ž
Holy shit, Thor and Sasaki look horrendous. Same for Goll and Brunhilde. Glad they changed it. Poseidon and Loki looks the same. I think I'm the only one who prefer Lu Bu's initial design imo.

B

Ballel

The fandom seriously dodged a bullet on first draft Thor though.
Og Thor looks so stupid lol
What's with his face?!?

Holy shit, Thor and Sasaki look horrendous. Same for Goll and Brunhilde. Glad they changed it. Poseidon and Loki looks the same. I think I'm the only one who prefer Lu Bu's initial design imo.
Lu Bu's og design looked better imo.
Goll And Brunhilde og designs don't look bad.

I think I'm the only one who prefer Lu Bu's initial design imo.
Og
Lu Bu's og design looked better imo.
Lu Bu's prototype design is pretty good but it does not suit what the character became in my opinion.

Prototype Lu Bu has a refined presence. He is covered in practical armour, his hair is well maintained, his facial features are flawless and he is drawn in a serious, cross armed stance

Compare that to the beastly unit that is canon Lu Bu, who has a bare torso, tattoos, scars, shark teeth, a wild mane of unkempt hair and who often takes casual stances. This feral look compliments his savage nature and wild personality.

The prototype is a good design but it does not fit the final character.
Og
Goll And Brunhilde og designs don't look bad.
I quite like horny Brunhilde. :catpole:

I initially disliked prototype Goll but the more I look at the design, the more it grows on me. Lol.