General & Others Importance of Zoro Defeating King and Mihawk's Portrayal.

If a heavily injured zoro that recovers some of his strength beats a mostly healthy king then that's the ultimate zoro wank from oda. I'm all for it just so any zoro down play would stop but for the story it only makes sense for zoro to recover and luffy to recover and help take down kaido in a round 2. We already have kidd and law going with BM with likely killer going later after hawkins. I think yamato luffy and zoro is gonna be the team that takes down kaido.

Imo neko and sanji will show up to help marco. Then it will be
Marco vs king
Sanji vs queen
Neko vs pero
Zoro will probably start getting helped by chopper at this point maybe with hiyori's help. Post fight marco will more than likely use his power to help zoro and luffy recover more for the second fight with kaido.

So King gets the Hatchi treatment then.

Zoro vs King isn't going to be "is Zoro stronger than King?" — that went out of the window when Oda made Zoro heavily injured — instead it could serve a few other purposes:
  1. Demonstrate the gap between Zoro and a Yonkou's strongest subordinate.
  2. Demonstrate Zoro's inhuman willpower, resilience and/or determination.
  3. Give Zoro a training/practice opportunity for his COC against a competent opponent.
    • This works best if King himself can imbue his attacks with Haoshoku, but it's also possible without it (see Luffy at Udon).

King cannot give Zoro any of these kinds of fights:
  • Kaku
    • Zoro is already stronger than him, so he does not need to surpass him.
  • Daz Bones
    • Zoro already knows how to cut fire
  • Ryuma
    • King would need to be an equal for Zoro. This is hard to pull off when Zoro is so heavily injured.

The only of Zoro's previous fights the King fight could be analogous to is vs Hatchan. If Zoro indeed fights King, that's what's going to happen.

If Zoro fights King in this state, King gets the Hatchi treatment.

Zoro becoming stronger against King is possible, but it's hard to do. Zoro fighting King while heavily injured already implies that Zoro is >> King.

Zoro didn't become stronger against Hatchan, nor IIRC against Cabaji.

I feel like you're evaluating Zoro vs King as if Zoro in some sense as if Zoro was facing him healthy. Zoro being heavily injured completely changes the dynamic of the fight.

@pg13: all of the above applies to your OP as well. Everything you said in your OP is inapplicable to the circumstances in which Zoro might fight King (while very heavily injured).
This is legit the biggest concern about Zoro vs King: it will be a repeat of Zoro vs Hachi.

I mean, if a YC has to be put forward for a half-dead Zoro to demolish, I'd rather it be a YC2 like Queen than a solid YC1 like King, tbh. Not to mention that both Queen & Hachi are the goofs of the crew, Zoro also messed with them at some point of the their respective arc.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
its not anything on king even if he had a better showing
he cant compete with what zoros done already on the roof
to me it only made sense beforehand where hed learn to cut fire grow to fight kaido etc
now the only jeopardy is because hes completely fucked up but even then we know he wins if they fight anyway
Yep.
This is legit the biggest concern about Zoro vs King: it will be a repeat of Zoro vs Hachi.

I mean, if a YC has to be put forward for a half-dead Zoro to demolish, I'd rather it be a YC2 like Queen than a solid YC1 like King, tbh. Not to mention that both Queen & Hachi are the goofs of the crew, Zoro also messed with them at some point of the their respective arc.
Nah. Zoro got Hatchan because he was a swordsman not because he was goofy. If Zoro's demolishing a YC, it will be a swordsman.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
For some reason here when it's just about Zoro, his opponents don't have the option to dodge and the fight is decided on who has the higher attack power.

Zoro hitting harder doesn't guarantee him the victory, and Luffy failing to damage Kaido doesn't mean he cannot damage Zoro.
I think you replied to the wrong thread.

I am still looking forward to this Zoro/King matchup. Zoro will likely be in substantially lower health than King and this could be an interesting fight. Zoro will probably come out of this encounter with a better mastery over CoC and King will get to display some interesting moves, a focus on his race and receive some hype. Plus, I think that this could be a pretty cool looking fight (aesthetically) and I would very much like Zoro to have his 1 vs 1 fight.

Do I think ZKK is happening? Yes, definitely. The setup is clearly there, as it has been highlighted a shit ton of times.

I am still looking forward to this Zoro/King matchup. Zoro will likely be in substantially lower health than King and this could be an interesting fight. Zoro will probably come out of this encounter with a better mastery over CoC and King will get to display some interesting moves, a focus on his race and receive some hype. Plus, I think that this could be a pretty cool looking fight (aesthetically) and I would very much like Zoro to have his 1 vs 1 fight.

Do I think ZKK is happening? Yes, definitely. The setup is clearly there, as it has been highlighted a shit ton of times.
BB on your pic looks sick! :kata: