General & Others Importance of Zoro Defeating King and Mihawk's Portrayal.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I was asking a question, I wasn't making a statement. So your saying Zoro surpass King over the 2 year timeskip, And Luffy did not reach Zoro's Level until Wholecake island? And im the one who's considered a troll:okay:...
Honestly speaking, we witnessed how much of a power booster Asura can be and how much of a crazily high defensive output Zoro showed. If we assume that the same ratio took place before the Enma training out of convenience although Zoro was obviously weak in his weaker counterpart, I can bet on Zoro managing to probably strike down the likes of YC2s in Dressrosa, while Luffy was probably complexively weaker than Doffy, made my case on another thread on the reasons. So I personally have them rather close, probably Zoro featuring the upper hand, just like I have them now.

Mihawk doesn't need anyone to prove he's a top tier. The yonkos/ admirals are the ones who need better showing against Zoro to not be embarrassed by the Godhawk.
No the admirals are fine, we got oda out here confirming mihawk saying sickbead was stronger then him, oda listing Wb was the strongest pirate and the admirals handling that easily well its mihawk who has to show if he can keep up with the admirals, yonkos idk can careless

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
No the admirals are fine, we got oda out here confirming mihawk saying sickbead was stronger then him, oda listing Wb was the strongest pirate and the admirals handling that easily well its mihawk who has to show if he can keep up with the admirals, yonkos idk can careless
No he did never say or implicate that Sickbeard was stronger. He merely suggested he wanted to test what was the difference between their strenghts, not necessarily Mihawk's standing below.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
If Shiryu is truly Zoros final opponent then he solos all three Admirals in his sleep
Pre shiryu was the same level than maguellan who was stronger than ace, jimbe, crlcodile and yami bb.
Now he could defeat shanks or kaido
Post automatically merged:

Where is he mly90 ?
Post automatically merged:

Zoro coming out the timeskip stronger than Luffy is more so a meme than anything. The fact that Nobody can tell me when Zoro surpassed King just proves my point about the lack of progression in Zoro's journey.
When mihawk was trained (mihawk sleeping>>>>ling)

This is why i think Zoro must fight Kaidou's Commander (with a dragon theme) from the start (fresh condition) instead on fighting Kaidou (who wants to be PK), its too jumbled and interfering with Luffy's PK dream just for the sake of hyping every character. If Zoro was designated to be Dragon Slayer, just make WSC Kaidou to be a Titan instead of a Dragon.

Or make BM a pretty and badass swordmaster woman for Zoro to beat and push forward. So Luffy as a Titan Destroyer / New WSC and Zoro as a Dragon Slayer / WSS Candidate dont have to overlap with each other.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@HA001 has already given the canonical reply, so I'm not going to repeat it. But if you didn't read it, then Zoro's Rooftop feats already show that he's well above the likes of King.

Many Believe Mihawk is Above the 1st Commanders Around the Admiral/Yonko Range. I personally think Mihawk is Just Below the Admirals. But for Arguments sake, lets say Mihawk is in the Admiral/Yonko Range.

If Mihawk really is Admiral/Yonko Level and One Piece is ending in 4-5 Years, Shouldn't Zoro atleast Defeat King right now, so we can atleast know forsure Zoro is above 1st Commanders and his heading to Admiral Territory?
This has already been shown. Defeating King doesn't really add that much unless and injured Zoro stomps him.

Recently Zoro has attained Fire Cutting Abilities
This makes him fighting King less likely as there's no room for growth.

I believe King will be the first of a long streak of Great Zoro Opponents from here until the end of the story. If Mihawk is truly on the level of the Admirals/Yonko
King has no bearing on Mihawk's power level.

Top tiers that Zoro will face before Mihawk:
  • Strongest Elbaf Giant?
  • Benn Beckman (?)
  • Shiryuu
  • Issho (?)
  • Borsalino

Which is Why Zoro defeating King is so important for both Zoro and Mihawk
No, it's irrelevant for Zoro and Mihawk. I get that you want Zoro to fight King, and I think that it probably happens at this point, but King really doesn't do anything for Zoro or Mihawk.

Unless King is secretly much stronger than Marco, the only value he offers is to wank Zoro by having a heavily injured Zoro take him on.

If Zoro fights King, it will be while heavily injured and nowhere near his full combat ability. It'll be nice to show that Zoro can low diff YC 1s, but he otherwise has nothing to prove.

But yea.... Thats all I have to say.... What are your thoughts? If Zoro's fight with Mihawk happens next arc without Zoro defeating Anybody prior will you be fine with that? Are these feats in a 5v2 yonko fight enough to satisfy you? Despite all of Zoro's support Big Mom and Kaido are still fine......... But yea leave your thoughts.
Zoro is Killing Kaido and that far surpasses even negging King.

I think this post is based on a fundamentally flawed premise — Zoro needs to prove that he's above YC 1s — he doesn't, and @HA001 already showed why.

If Zoro defeated King, then, he would have definitely surpassed Mihawk who was dominated by Vista, a YC3 and forced to request postponement.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Who is Zoro going to defeat Before Mihawk then???
  • Shiryuu
  • Issho (?)
  • Benn Beckman (?)
  • Shanks (?)
  • Borsalino

I expect to see a lot more from Hybrid King and Queen and I think they'll be important matches for Zoro and Sanji, putting strength-levels aside.
I agree with what Yasheen said below:
At this point Zoro vs King would no longer showcase Zoro as the underdog since we saw what he’s capable.

There’s no point of a fight if it lacks any tension.

Power wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Character wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Plot wise: No plot threads connect these two anyways.
How is king an important fight for Zoro?

Zoro only Showed AP superiority
  • Offence superiority to ALL High Tiers:
    • Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki
    • Hiryuu Kaen
    • Asura
  • Defence superiority to ALL High Tiers:
    • Blocking Hakai
  • Durability superiority to ALL High Tiers:
    • Tanking Indra
    • Tanking God of Lightning Tenjin
    • Surviving Hakai
  • Endurance superiority to ALL High Tiers:
    • Surviving Hakai
    • Fighting while 20 - 30 bones in his body had been shattered.
    • Post Hakai Zoro remained conscious after a COC infused Thunder Bagua from Hybrid Kaido.
  • Attack Speed superiority to ALL High Tiers:
    • Zoro blitzed Linlin from over 30 metres away.
    • Post Hakai Zoro blitzed Hybrid Kaido.
  • Portrayal Superiority
    • Linlin commented that they had underestimated them
    • Linlin said it was "really impressive" that they managed to survive Hakai
    • Kaido said that had they come with him, they could have taken the world.

The idea that Zoro showed only AP superiority to high tiers is the biggest myth in the fandom.

Zoro showed himself to be above high tiers in all primary combat stats and received superior portrayal on top.

So Zoro came out the timeskip above King?

2 years with the Godhawk does that to you.

I think the fight will happen because it's what we used to get in term of who Zolo fight in a big arc, his relationship with Queen also give it away

I also think Zolo must be a big name and have a big bounty before he faces Mihawk , 2 billions after Wano would be excellent, defeating King and a heavily weakened Kaido should be enough to make him a big name

Power scaling wise am confident King currently is stronger than Zolo and Zolo is far from being a top tier , so the fight still make sense

the fight will definitely happen, no way around it

Edit : anyone suggesting BM is an idiot, this is not DBZ, Zolo have no build up against BM to fight her, and the fight won't happen just for Power lvl reasons , besides she Low diff him at worst

I think the fight will happen because it's what we used to get in term of who Zolo fight in a big arc, his relationship with Queen also give it away

I also think Zolo must be a big name and have a big bounty before he faces Mihawk , 2 billions after Wano would be excellent, defeating King and a heavily weakened Kaido should be enough to make him a big name

Power scaling wise am confident King currently is stronger than Zolo and Zolo is far from being a top tier , so the fight still make sense

the fight will definitely happen, no way around it

Edit : anyone suggesting BM is an idiot, this is not DBZ, Zolo have no build up against BM to fight her, and the fight won't happen just for Power lvl reasons , besides she Low diff him at worst
DUDE, Katakuri = King <= Pre udon Luffy << Enma Zoro

The truth is that King would be a suitable opponent for both Zoro and Sanji. The same goes for Queen.

What if they fight together like in Long Ring Long Land? Possibly also supported by Izo and Kappamatsu. Their task would be to clear the live floor.