General Mafia General Chat

AL sama

Red Haired
It's my top 3 manga/anime, right after Death Note and Code Geass. Objectively speaking Monster is probably better than Code Geass and close or on par with Death Note.

I don't know if it's your cup of tea but if you like psychological thrillers and or detective stories this is my warm recommendation.
Oh, it's almost certainly my cup of tea, both of those things are some of my favourite genres. Just one of those I need to sit down and commit to sometime.
its better then both DN and CG

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I think Death Note has its flaws, particularly post Episode 25 (not going to say why because spoilers) but from concept to intensity Death Note is still an amazing watch for me, and I've watched it loads of times now. Probably the only anime I've rewatched more is Full Metal Panic, which is legit my favourite series.

Code Geass was okay, I feel. Season 1 was a slow burn but really peaked and got me invested, Season 2 was mostly fairly droll and even though the endgame was excellent I dunno if it really made up for the start of Season 2. I think it's a good show, overall, but not a great one. I think Death Note comparisons hurt it too, because while Lelouche may be similar to Light in various ways (though Light is definitely more of an evil fucker), the shows themselves both aim to do very different things.

AL sama

Red Haired
I think Death Note has its flaws, particularly post Episode 25 (not going to say why because spoilers) but from concept to intensity Death Note is still an amazing watch for me, and I've watched it loads of times now. Probably the only anime I've rewatched more is Full Metal Panic, which is legit my favourite series.

Code Geass was okay, I feel. Season 1 was a slow burn but really peaked and got me invested, Season 2 was mostly fairly droll and even though the endgame was excellent I dunno if it really made up for the start of Season 2. I think it's a good show, overall, but not a great one. I think Death Note comparisons hurt it too, because while Lelouche may be similar to Light in various ways (though Light is definitely more of an evil fucker), the shows themselves both aim to do very different things.
pretty much my thoughts exactly

Emil

Certified Memelord
death note was superior to code geass in almost everything

i didnt like how lelouch didnt have as strong competition like L to light

also.. i cant stand how hypocrite this suzako guy was lmao

felt like death note was over all better written and more of a complete masterpiece, with maybe a bit of hiccup at the end

AL sama

Red Haired
death note was superior to code geass in almost everything

i didnt like how lelouch didnt have as strong competition like L to light

also.. i cant stand how hypocrite this suzako guy was lmao

felt like death note was over all better written and more of a complete masterpiece, with maybe a bit of hiccup at the end
not a masterpiece tho

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
maybe we were naive and all since this was 2011/12
Even earlier, Death Note was first serialised in 2004, and the anime came out in 2006. Which makes its uniqueness all the more impressive, honestly. As for whether or not it's a masterpiece, well, that's entirely up for debate I feel. Masterpiece is an artisitic merit by definition, which also means it's subjective. Van Gogh was not considered a virtuoso until after his death, for example. Personally, I'd lean more towards masterpiece than not.

AL sama

Red Haired
Even earlier, Death Note was first serialised in 2004, and the anime came out in 2006. Which makes its uniqueness all the more impressive, honestly. As for whether or not it's a masterpiece, well, that's entirely up for debate I feel. Masterpiece is an artisitic merit by definition, which also means it's subjective. Van Gogh was not considered a virtuoso until after his death, for example. Personally, I'd lean more towards masterpiece than not.
with all the flaws in the latter part of the show I can't consider it a masterpiece

Emil

Certified Memelord
right it was there years b4 i saw it
i watched it 2011ish and felt it was pretty unique at the time, let alone for those watching at 2006

maybe by today's standards its not that much of a masterpiece, but for its day im sure it was

N

Noctis

FMAB is great but I don't think the entire series has one scene that can compete with Light Yagami "all according to the plan" scene.

That was kino.