Character Discussion Zoro Brings the Best out of Sanji from Both a character and combative standpoint.

Zoro is a character that compliments Sanji Extremely well from both a character and combative standpoint. He's the only Strawhat that has this effect on Sanji. Im excluding Luffy, since Luffy is the captain and he has to bring the best out of everyone. Now to clarify I'm not saying Zoro is responsible for all of sanjis greatness but he is a key part of it, And thats not a bad thing.

There have been moments when other strawhats have brought out positive moments from Sanji but Zoro takes it to another level. Every Moment Zoro and Sanji have had in the series has a positive effect on Sanji. And these moments really make you appreciate Sanji and Zoro as well honestly.

Zoro is part of the reason Sanji joined the crew , Whenever Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Usopp came to the Baratie it wasn't Nami or Usopp that inspired Sanji to join.
It was the actions of Luffy and Zoro that did it.

Arlong Park, Luffy needs to be saved, Zoro is injured and trying to do it all on his own, Sanji see's this and takes the weight off Zoro's shoulders.

Fighting Chemistry, this is where you really appreciate Sanji form a combative standpoint. His chemistry with Zoro is Nasty. And it really separates Sanji from the other crewmates. The way they protect their captain and others,

This moment in wano of Zoro and Sanji protecting Toko is poetry in motion, why?

Because Zoro and Sanji have interactions with Toko and her Father.

And because of Zoro's Respect for Yasuie And Sanjis care for Yasuie's daughter they come together and protect them.

The way they work together.

This Next Moment isn't so much a Zoro and Sanji thing but they do somewhat correlate
Alabasta, The crew is trapped in a cage , Zoro comments saying if he was stronger he could cut though the cage no problem.

Sanji comes to their rescue

And Opens the cage for them (You can see in the panel above, theres a tiny bit of jeoulsy on Zoro's part)

Ironically Zoro gains the ability to cut that cage , Later in the arc.

Finally Thriller Bark,
Zoro is willing to sacrifice himself for Luffy, Sanji then tells Zoro he has to live for his dream. And Sanji willingly tries to sacrifices himself.
Knowing His Dream wouldn't warrant any marines coming after him, Sanji instead states he's going to cause the most trouble out of everyone in the crew just so Kuma does not take Zoro.

Zoro then knocks Sanji out so he does not sacrifice himself. This moment is very heart warming and just shows how much these 2 care about each other.

We get this great character moment of Sanji being worried about what happened to Zoro. And for a moment he's relieved when he see's Zoro is alive.

Sanji then finds out what happened and he asked the 2 thriller bark zombie guys not to say a word, thinking about the Feelings of Luffy and Zoro.
This is a fantastic Character Moment from Sanji. This is what I mean when I say Zoro truly brings the best out of Sanji.

Currently in Onigashima Zoro and Sanji are together once again and their headed toward the Performance Floor, I dont know how things are gonna play out but I believe Some of Sanji's best character/combative Moments in the series are coming.

But Yea.... Leave your thoughts :catrude:

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Zoro is a character that compliments Sanji Extremely well from both a character and combative standpoint. He's the only Strawhat that has this effect on Sanji. Im excluding Luffy, since Luffy is the captain and he has to bring the best out of everyone. Now to clarify I'm not saying Zoro is responsible for all of sanjis greatness but he is a key part of it, And thats not a bad thing.

There have been moments when other strawhats have brought out positive moments from Sanji but Zoro takes it to another level. Every Moment Zoro and Sanji have had in the series has a positive effect on Sanji. And these moments really make you appreciate Sanji and Zoro as well honestly.

Zoro is part of the reason Sanji joined the crew , Whenever Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Usopp came to the Baratie it wasn't Nami or Usopp that inspired Sanji to join.
It was the actions of Luffy and Zoro that did it.

Arlong Park, Luffy needs to be saved, Zoro is injured and trying to do it all on his own, Sanji see's this and takes the weight off Zoro's shoulders.

Fighting Chemistry, this is where you really appreciate Sanji form a combative standpoint. His chemistry with Zoro is Nasty. And it really separates Sanji from the other crewmates. The way they protect their captain and others,

This moment in wano of Zoro and Sanji protecting Toko is poetry in motion, why?

Because Zoro and Sanji have interactions with Toko and her Father.

And because of Zoro's Respect for Yasuie And Sanjis care for Yasuie's daughter they come together and protect them.

The way they work together.

This Next Moment isn't so much a Zoro and Sanji thing but they do somewhat correlate
Alabasta, The crew is trapped in a cage , Zoro comments saying if he was stronger he could cut though the cage no problem.

Sanji comes to their rescue

And Opens the cage for them (You can see in the panel above, theres a tiny bit of jeoulsy on Zoro's part)

Ironically Zoro gains the ability to cut that cage , Later in the arc.

Finally Thriller Bark,
Zoro is willing to sacrifice himself for Luffy, Sanji then tells Zoro he has to live for his dream. And Sanji willingly tries to sacrifices himself.
Knowing His Dream wouldn't warrant any marines coming after him, Sanji instead states he's going to cause the most trouble out of everyone in the crew just so Kuma does not take Zoro.

Zoro then knocks Sanji out so he does not sacrifice himself. This moment is very heart warming and just shows how much these 2 care about each other.

We get this great character moment of Sanji being worried about what happened to Zoro. And for a moment he's relieved when he see's Zoro is alive.

Sanji then finds out what happened and he asked the 2 thriller bark zombie guys not to say a word, thinking about the Feelings of Luffy and Zoro.
This is a fantastic Character Moment from Sanji. This is what I mean when I say Zoro truly brings the best out of Sanji.

Currently in Onigashima Zoro and Sanji are together once again and their headed toward the Performance Floor, I dont know how things are gonna play out but I believe Some of Sanji's best character/combative Moments in the series are coming.

But Yea.... Leave your thoughts :catrude:

Please spoiler the images. ._.

Sanji pairs very well with Zoro and Luffy.

I heavily disagree that its only them though. Usopp arguably brings out the best in Sanji. When he sacrificed himself in Skypeia for him, defended Usopp when Luffy told him to leave the crew, "I'll do what you can't do, you do what I can't do", and in Wano he told Usopp he'd protect him so Usopp wouldnt snitch

H

Herrera95

Disagree. Luffy is the only reason everybody are in the crew. Sanji best moments are either on his own or because of Luffy/crew in general not any other member specific, not even Nami and Robin.

Sanji pairs very well with Zoro and Luffy.

I heavily disagree that its only them though. Usopp arguably brings out the best in Sanji. When he sacrificed himself in Skypeia for him, defended Usopp when Luffy told him to leave the crew, "I'll do what you can't do, you do what I can't do", and in Wano he told Usopp he'd protect him so Usopp wouldnt snitch
Yea, Usopp does that too But like I said Zoro takes it to another level. I do think Usopp and Sanjis relationship is very underrated.

They’re the best dynamic in the straw hat. They have the most faith in one another because of their relationship. They really do act just like twins and it’s hilarious.

Zoro brings out Sanjis more serious side and Sanji brings out Zoros humorous side. They are good characters on their own but they definitely bring out the best of each other