It's probably just a fake out: We'll see the Straw Hats start to struggle in their F6 and Calamity fights, Some scabbards will die, Marco might get defeated etc.
My though: Hybrid forms(+bounty reveal) and the struggle of the Strawhats, get pushed back(but not clearly losing) and then onigashima lands, fight restart overall with the same pairings only with some kinda difference.
A battle overall in wano, Jinbe could battle near Hakumai, a river to use water against WsW could help him very much.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Do you start to believe that the raid could end in a failure? Or at least the alliance needing to retreat?
If the raid fails, we can easily tack on another year of Wano.
I'm personally not in favor of it, but I do see 10-15 intermission chapters where alliance gets their shit together or another big ally/group intercepts Kaido before he could go berserk.

One things for certain, Cipher Pol 0 is rubbing their hands like Birdman while all this is going on.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
My though: Hybrid forms(+bounty reveal) and the struggle of the Strawhats, get pushed back(but not clearly losing) and then onigashima lands, fight restart overall with the same pairings only with some kinda difference.
A battle overall in wano, Jinbe could battle near Hakumai, a river to use water against WsW could help him very much.
There's a theory that Kaido will rip Onigashima apart and send pieces to the regions of Wano.

King in Ringo, Queen in Udon and Jack in Kuri for example.