Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Characters change when there's a major character growth. What kind of character growth Sanji Sanji went through, and most importantly when?
Before Zou, we only had hints about Sanji's past. He was from the North Blue. That's really just it. We had no info on his relationship with his former family. It ALL was brought up during Zou and WCI.
At first, we were shown that he hates them, but we have the flashback. We see that Reiju cared for him, his mother as well. So, in the middle of these fuckers, there were good people as well. When Reiju tells him to run with Luffy and let the Vinsmokes be killed, Sanji protests saying that it would mean letting Reiju die as well.
Now here's the thing. In most japanese stories, blood ties are VERY relevant to a character's development. The "you are as bad/good as your "insert family member here" was" theme is quite the buzz. Or even to solidify the character as much different as possible. 8 or 80. Rarely we have middle grounds. Which is the reason that, despite hating them, Sanji could not bring himself to let them get assassinated. He still wants to save them.
When Judge confronts him about this, Sanji does not give him a "we're family" speech. Quite the contrary. He just says that his REAL father would be disappointed for Sanji holding to old grudges. The love he feels for Zeff as his real father is greater than all the suffering he endured from the Vinsmokes. This is the message.
Now...this last part is speculation. We don't actually know if giving Sanji the Raid Suit was Judge's idea, or his siblings'. Niji is the one that sneaks it into his pocket while saying "you're too slow. you will die if you stay the way you are". Judge is a dick, but the brothers were modified before birth to literally become assholes. It's not really their fault. They merely reproduced all the hatred Judge felt towards Sanji due to Sora's passing. It COULD be a little glimpse of "emotions" coming from his brothers, showing a message that Sanji's act of kindess towards them was enough to even counter the modifications they suffered and show emotions themselves, like gratitude.
Back to the real thing.
Sanji CONSTANTLY says he doesn't want to be seen as part of Germa due to using the suit, but he also acknowledges that he needs the power if the SH's are going against formidable opponents that he cannot beat the way he currently is. There's absolutely ZERO contradiction with this. The gag of "dont call me germa", "i dont like them as well" "i am just soba mask" acts as a reminder that even if Sanji is willing to use the suit from Judge, it still doesn't mean he likes Judge or whatever.
The CHANGE Sanji went through WCI was, instead of throwing away a useful tool from someone he hates, he accepted it because there are more important things in his life.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
That's impossible because Sanji already accepted the raid suit, and he's not going to throw it away. The only way Sanji can prove Judge wrong is without the raid suit.
Wrong.
Judge's philosophy is about emotions making one weak.
Sanji is a strong character, memes aside. Not a top tier, but far from being fodder. He ALREADY proved Judge wrong.
The Raid Suit has NOTHING to do with Judge viewing Sanji as a failure or not.

Not hitting a villain female has nothing to do with Sanji's gag. Sanji's gag is about him being a pervert, that's it. Sanji refusing to hit a villain female is part of his character, it's his principle. Jeff thought him it, for God's sake how much I have to explain it to you?
But it is used as a gag, cuz it may end up putting Sanji on situations where he can't afford to do anything but get beaten while simping, being a pervert completely depends on the situation, there are many of them where Sanji should be pervert but it just doesn't happens.

That's impossible because Sanji already accepted the raid suit, and he's not going to throw it away. The only way Sanji can prove Judge wrong is without the raid suit.
But he already proved it, Judge and Sanji's siblings would die like shit if Sanji hadn't saved them and breaked Perospero's candy, Judge (Also Ichiji and Niji) just can't admit they needed to cheat against Sanji and use Zeff as a hostage and their own subordinate as humanshields to get what they wanted. Are you really asking for something that clearly happened already?

Could you explain? I have no understanding of the Japanese.
The person Yamato is brewing sake for is Ace, not Luffy.

This is because the title is a direct lyric from a poem by Otomo Tabito, who wrote the poem when his friend left to go to another city, so in his loneliness he drinks alone while he waits for his friend to return etc, so it's clearly a reference to Yamato and Ace.

"The sake I brewed to drink with you, I drink alone in the field of peace, for I no longer have a friend to drink it with."

G

Gorosei Informer

The person Yamato is brewing sake for is Ace, not Luffy.

This is because the title is a direct lyric from a poem by Otomo Tabito, who wrote the poem when his friend left to go to another city, so in his loneliness he drinks alone while he waits for his friend to return etc, so it's clearly a reference to Yamato and Ace.

"The sake I brewed to drink with you, I drink alone in the field of peace, for I no longer have a friend to drink it with."
Wow a very short but sweet and emotional poem. Succinct even?

:amazing::neesama: