Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
I'm too lazy so I'm just gonna do it here.

Sorry for tagging y'all again but I have to do it. Forgive your General T_T

"Sanji Defense Squad"

Warchief - @Zoro D Goat
Right hand man - @BangMi
Left hand man - @NotTommy

1st Commander - @Doggo
2nd Commander - @Arrow
3rd Commander - @Yasheen
4th Commander - @BleakAsh
5th Commander - @Vinsmoke D. Zolo
6th Commander - @Hedfi
7th Commander - @Lukegranders
8th Commander - @SDfear
9th Commander - @Shepherd
10th Commander - @LordVinsmoke
11th Commander - @Screws Loose242

And our new recruited member is @Screws Loose242
Give him a warm welcome ^^

Y'all only have one task. Defend Sanji, other than that, feel free to do stuff that you liked.:goyea:

That's all from your boss, Goat.
Zoro D Usurper :seriously:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
My good man, never ever go near Bleach than
Ichigo is just Zoro's less interesting younger brother with orange hair
Ichigo is not an amazing shonen MC but he is quite different than Zoro for me
Zoro as a drive to be stronger, to be the world strongest swordsman etc. Like being PK or Hokage or mage king or Number one hero etc.
Ichigo doesn’t give a fuck about that, he doesn’t want to be captain, or captain commandant etc.
Ichigo is a « normal » guy who is thrown into a magic world, with a sword and they are telling him to fight to protect what he held dear.

Ichigo likes to fight and win but he would have likely been cool doing his shinigami shit finishing school having a wife kids etc till the end of his life.

We are running circles.

Yes some people have Zoro as their favs and even other have Chopper as their favs. Lots of people lots of different tastes.

You likely prefer Zoro to Sanji and it’s not a problem at all.

And I like BB too.

But we are killing Sanji for a lot of reasons that you can disagree with but they are there :
- best fighting style
- his overall style with suit, tie, outfits, way of moving, his badass lines etc
- his connections and interactions with other crew members : he is one of the character who interacts the more with others.
- a lot of his pre skip jokes : the women thing can be fun when it’s not overdone (like post skip), his fun interaction with Luffy and the kitchen, wanting to eat Chopper, bickering with Zoro, his banter and when Oda troll him like with the bounty poster or Duval plot etc.
- his smart side : the guy had great thinking and plot moments : EL gates, Alabasta etc
- the moments where he takes care of the crew either leading them or pretexting them : Sanji is often there to protect the crew last moment, and sometimes leads small parts of it.
- His flashback and cooking side is great and original, and the whole philosophy behind it is nice.

And as @Doggo pointed out, often I feel that Sanji is the most human of the bunch. With flaws, with problems, with conflicts, in his reactions etc.
I can feel something out of Sanji moments.

Zoro had great moments pré skip and I could feel him too sometimes, in his smiles, reactions, actions etc. But this whole post skip bushido badass swordsman shit is beyond me.
Same with Luffy who is now full « epic face » « epic lines » « epic resolve » etc.

Those character were a lot more casual and normal pre skip and it was way way better.

When you have the SH as protagonist and future best crew ever who succeed everything we know that the full « real life and ruthless pirate » is not the kind of story Oda wants to tell.
But at the same time, it is
Roger as ruthless. He murdered Squard's crew himself and let him live to suffer the loss
He was also a cunning son of a bitch going so far as teaming with the MARINES to bring down his greatest rival pirate crew
So in the world of One Piece, the one who conquered One Piece was a ruthless and strong pirate crew that very much resembles real life criminals
What we have now are teenagers on their way to becoming the greatest prate crew alive. But why the hell Oda had to go and make Blackbeard's crew so perfect? And I mean it, they are 100% PERFECT and Blackbeard does everything 100% right to deserve Pirate King
But, again, I digress
SANJI
Sanji is just part of the teenage crew that will conquer the world for reasons unkown

I'll go ahead and play chess
I want to thank each and every memeber of the Sanji FC that took their time to asnwer me back
You have all been very polite and this discussion was very enjoyable. Sanji fanbase was amazing today as far as I can see

P.S your warchief name is fucking ZORO THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME (Zoro D Goat)? Alright then
Post automatically merged:

Ichigo is not an amazing shonen MC but he is quite different than Zoro for me
Zoro as a drive to be stronger, to be the world strongest swordsman etc. Like being PK or Hokage or mage king or Number one hero etc.
Ichigo doesn’t give a fuck to that, he doesn’t want to be captain, or captain commandant etc.
Ichigo is a « normal » guy who is thrown in a magic world, with a sword and they are telling him to fight to protect what he held dear.

Ichigo likes to fight and win but he would have likely been cool doing his shinigami shit finishing school having a wife kids etc till the end of his life.
Ichigo does want to be the strongest though. Reread Ulqiorra fight
"I took your arm and leg while in Vasto Lorde form. Take my arm and leg too". That shit is 100% Zoro
I think Zoro and Ichigo might not be as much alike in cannon as they are in my head. I haven't read Bleach in almost a decade. But I also think they are more alike than you remember. Ichigo is just a piss poor character though
What Bleach had going for it was an AAAABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC world and very cool fights. Bleach had the coolest fights EVER. Story telling was.... Tite Kubo though

Sanji is thr worst PIRATE ever.
I mean if you're going to compare One Piece to the Pirate Age, all characters should look like little kids playing with their imagination.
The closest ones who act like pirates are BB and Kid (for good reasons since they're based on real people)
I actually liked both BB and Kid as well but the story isn't built around them. We had to wait like 500 chapters to see Kid and probably another 500 to see BB.

Like others said, Sanji is the most human. He's strong but not the strongest, has emotional baggage, a passion for cooking, have fun with his friends, has strong morals, high IQ plays (pre TS), etc.
It's weird you use literal pirates as your criteria for a fiction, did you hate Pirates of the Caribbean?

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
That right there is actually a very good point
With this, from a drama and story telling point of view, Sanji is funnier and more interesting... OK
But there are also lots and lots or Zoro vs Sanji pissing contests. It can go both ways
If Zoro is boring because he made to be too impect and just overcooked in cool juice with his swords shnenigans, we can't argue that Sanji would be even cooler, because then he would be even more boring, no?
It's just a matter of narrative function. Zoro is the badass character who always creates an absurd Hype, just like Gojou Satoru in JJK, Zaraki Kenpachi in Bleach and Yami in Black Clover. Zoro is simple and sometimes lacks nuances, but he's still a good character and I like him a lot.

If Oda wrote Sanji with a similar archetype, luffy's glow as the protagonist would be overshadowed. But Oda was not stupid and created a strong character, but with emotional weaknesses and personal dilemmas, proof of this is the fact that we are in chapter 1015 and Sanji still has points to be worked and developed.

I agree with you about the nosebleeds and the sex jokes, I don't like it and it's a shame Oda made it worse in post TS(I think his personality is perfect in Baratie's arc). But apart from that feature, all of his other faces are extremely interesting and makes him a very good character.