Questions & Mysteries True History Behind Kingdom

Hi everyone ... welcome an information sharing thread
something we have to build together IF YOU LIKE

I'm a newbie in Kingdom manga and only been a fan less than 48 hours. but as a nerd of Chinese history I can tell this manga should gave too many Japanese characterization to historical figures. I don't even know most of this people as of now ... but it's clear as sun this people are not acting a Chinese character yet a Japanese ones

you might ask : what is the difference?

generally speaking

in Japan :

Japanese warlords are more than just warlords. Titians like Lord Nobunaga Oda, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Shingen Takeda, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and ....
this people form Sengoku era or other warlords
this people are way above a warlord.

Japanese Generals are more than a mere General. this people are

=> great warlords
=> great fighters (mostly)
=> great minds
=> great political leader

all at once. they can multitask like a key for any type of problems

while generally speaking
in China:

Roles are clear

a warlord is JUST a warlord
a general is JUST a general
a strategist is JUST a strategist
a political leader is JUST a politician

so when I see a man like Ou Ki ... I'm MORE THAN sure he is not like this in real life cause he is acting like a Japanese General not a Chinese one
or when I see Ri Boku on front line ... while enemy is in middle of war I HIGHLY DOUBT about his real characterization cause as I said strategist role is outside of battlefield

now

even I can count Chinese strategist on battlefield like Sun Tzu ... so don't bother with "well I know X who also were great in Y"
no
I'm talking about how this 2 nation would act in war and political nature of each of them. and as far as I know and did my research I assume what I said is generally true

with that said

I understand this is a adaptation and I even say a very very good one
adaptation don't have to be loyal and it shouldn't if you ask me
so it's perfectly fine with me if a Japanese writer what to write his characters like Japanese-type hero ... some and not all of them

so I'm not here bitching about "why he did this and didn't do that ... I'm perfectly happy about what he did

I made this thread so we can share our knowledge about true history behind 7 Kingdom era of china

I can't be the only one who wants to know more about real history

so I ask you, all of you.

to share your knowledge (with or without source) of REAL history if you did a research and found interesting deference between manga and history

I will share my research here as well but I'm sure we can archive more if we all do this

if you like of course​

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@RayanOO
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Patryipe
@Bullet
@Shanks
@Dark Admiral
@dizzy2341
@Guan Yu
@PuckTheGreat
@Ninjashadow0209
@Arara
@Hiragaro
@Yo Tan Wa
@FaradaySloth
@ranady
@Dragomir
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Fiji
@Xione
@Jailer
@Bepo
@Desolate Smaug
@NidaiKitetsu

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Hi everyone ... welcome an information sharing thread
something we have to build together IF YOU LIKE

I'm a newbie in Kingdom manga and only been a fan less than 48 hours. but as a nerd of Chinese history I can tell this manga should gave too many Japanese characterization to historical figures. I don't even know most of this people as of now ... but it's clear as sun this people are not acting a Chinese character yet a Japanese ones

you might ask : what is the difference?

generally speaking

in Japan :

Japanese warlords are more than just warlords. Titians like Lord Nobunaga Oda, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Shingen Takeda, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and ....
this people form Sengoku era or other warlords
this people are way above a warlord.

Japanese Generals are more than a mere General. this people are

=> great warlords
=> great fighters (mostly)
=> great minds
=> great political leader

all at once. they can multitask like a key for any type of problems

while generally speaking
in China:

Roles are clear

a warlord is JUST a warlord
a general is JUST a general
a strategist is JUST a strategist
a political leader is JUST a politician

so when I see a man like Ou Ki ... I'm MORE THAN sure he is not like this in real life cause he is acting like a Japanese General not a Chinese one
or when I see Ri Boku on front line ... while enemy is in middle of war I HIGHLY DOUBT about his real characterization cause as I said strategist role is outside of battlefield

now

even I can count Chinese strategist on battlefield like Sun Tzu ... so don't bother with "well I know X who also were great in Y"
no
I'm talking about how this 2 nation would act in war and political nature of each of them. and as far as I know and did my research I assume what I said is generally true

with that said

I understand this is a adaptation and I even say a very very good one
adaptation don't have to be loyal and it shouldn't if you ask me
so it's perfectly fine with me if a Japanese writer what to write his characters like Japanese-type hero ... some and not all of them

so I'm not here bitching about "why he did this and didn't do that ... I'm perfectly happy about what he did

I made this thread so we can share our knowledge about true history behind 7 Kingdom era of china

I can't be the only one who wants to know more about real history

so I ask you, all of you.

to share your knowledge (with or without source) of REAL history if you did a research and found interesting deference between manga and history

I will share my research here as well but I'm sure we can archive more if we all do this

if you like of course​

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@RayanOO
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Patryipe
@Bullet
@Shanks
@Dark Admiral
@dizzy2341
@Guan Yu
@PuckTheGreat
@Ninjashadow0209
@Arara
@Hiragaro
@Yo Tan Wa
@FaradaySloth
@ranady
@Dragomir
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Fiji
@Xione
@Jailer
@Bepo
@Desolate Smaug
@NidaiKitetsu
It’s a fictionalized adaptation as you said, not a historical account lol. I love that Kingdom has Generals who are more like Warlords than traditional Chinese military generals.

But as you will see as you progress, Generals like Ouki and Renpa and such are very glorified in the manga, but their overall power and authority seriously pails in comparison to Kings like Sei and Kouretsu, the 4 Lords of the Warring States like Shunshinkun, High ranked politicians like Ryofui, etc.

After you read the Coalition Arc, you will see more of the political structure of the states in detail, and that Generals don’t hold all that much power outside of the battlefield itself.

As for History and Worldbuilding and such, Hara delves into deeper history later on.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
yes but I'm sure he will not stay loyal to historical figure that he will use ... cause he HAVE to do it to make his story more interesting
that's just the nature of fiction
here I like people to share their info about real life Vs manga

at least for those who like it :)
Also, the real life Ouki was not considered as great of a General as he appears in Kingdom lol. In Kingdom, Ouki is on par with people like Renpa who you will meet later, but irl Renpa was considered the greater general.

Also, the real life Ouki was not considered as great of a General as he appears in Kingdom lol. In Kingdom, Ouki is on par with people like Renpa who you will meet later, but irl Renpa was considered the greater general.
right now I'm doing as much as I can to learn more about Haku Ki (Bai Qi)

a friend of mine compared him to Zhuge liang and it insulted every bit of my soul and body
sure "killing 1 million man" and "never losing a war" and "conquering 70 cities" are great feats

but people need to understand we have mid tier generals at china who killed +800K people in few hours
so titles like this can be misleading when we talk about greatest in china history

I surly don't know him well enough tho so I won't make a judgment as of now
he might be greatest in the era but china history is another story

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

a friend of mine compared him to Zhuge liang and it insulted every bit of my soul and body
sure "killing 1 million man" and "never losing a war" and "conquering 70 cities" are great feats

but people need to understand we have mid tier generals at china who killed +800K people in few hours
so titles like this can be misleading when we talk about greatest in china history

Haku Ki is probably top 3 or 4 in Kingdom history atm. But yeah Chinese History there were much more insane generals lol. At least as the stories go.

Haku Ki is probably top 3 or 4 in Kingdom history atm. But yeah Chinese History there were much more insane generals lol. At least as the stories go.
To be fair, Haku Ki probably would be one of the greatest Generals ever by the standards of Kingdom's time period since it is set before a shit load of major Chinese conflicts like the Three Kingdoms period.

Notable Chinese Generals like Cao Cao ain't even been born yet while Kingdom's plot is going on. Lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
To be fair, Haku Ki probably would be one of the greatest Generals ever by the standards of Kingdom's time period since it is set before a shit load of major Chinese conflicts like the Three Kingdoms period.

Notable Chinese Generals like Cao Cao ain't even been born yet while Kingdom's plot is going on. Lol.
Yeah later generals really can’t be compared to warring states generals, because they all have the benefit of hindsight and such. Not really fair to compare them when the later ones can look back on Bai Qi with hindsight lol.

cuz it's different japan vs china
japan is smaller many factions , not big population and few countries like in china

so this why the warlords in japan are different !!
controlling small area and fighting other small factions to become the bigger fish this demand the ruler to be a fighter leading wars .

while in china kings only rule from behind leaving the fights for someone else cuz they don't need too their huge nation allow that .

i will give you example aa Arabian
there's was a period where king or caliphate are not fighting just like china
And a period where the amir or king is like Sengoku period

-----
and i don't see hara is making generals like Japanese warlords as you said
just continue reading and you will get it
yep hara will give them more depth etc but not what think.