Chapter Discussion Oda not only ruined Nami’s 1v1 this arc, but he also ruined her fighting style in the span of half a chapter.

Did Oda ruin Nami’s fighting style and 1v1 this arc?

• Total voters
What makes Nami and Usopp the weakest Straw Hats is they're gadget fighters. They're fodders without their gadgets. Their strong suit in combat is their gadget-planning to beat much stronger enemies. If their EOS selves are "veteran-level," it'd only be to the degree that their gadget-planning can take out certain veteran-levels (due to carelessness). They will still be fodder to the likes of Arlong without them.

And Nami getting an Ulti in worse condition than post-surgery Doflamingo was never the problem. You can still make these Tobi Roppo live up to their hype and make Nami and Usopp win a difficult, just don't make them 1-on-1.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Let me ask you this, when has Nami ever gotten something from the fight of her own? She's always been handed things and just figured out ways to use them. Clima tact upgrades and all. She's never really grown from a fight like the heavy hitters of the crew.
I disagree. Her fights against Khalifa and Miss 1. I believe showed just how good and creative she can be with her powers and overcome stronger enemies using her ingenuity and creativity

Her fights vs Oars and Cracker showed she can do well in team fights and co-ordinate with other crew members.

This fight didnt really grow Nami in any way except Zeus. Her powers werent enough and she never used her creativity or ingenuity or coordination to help her. It all fell on Zeus to seal the deal

nor is Nami that important of a fighter to invest so much energy into
Tbh i would argue that the same amount it took Oda to draw Nami running away all the time he could have drawn a better fight

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I disagree. Her fights against Khalifa and Miss 1. I believe showed just how good and creative she can be with her powers and overcome stronger enemies using her ingenuity and creativity

Her fights vs Oars and Cracker showed she can do well in team fights and co-ordinate with other crew members.

This fight didnt really grow Nami in any way except Zeus. Her powers werent enough and she never used her creativity or ingenuity or coordination to help her. It all fell on Zeus to seal the deal

Tbh i would argue that the same amount it took Oda to draw Nami running away all the time he could have drawn a better fight
Don't know what you're disagreeing with. Nami "grows" through her upgrades with clima tact, coming up with clever situational ways to take down enemies along the way. She grew more from this than any fight she's ever had given her upgrade with Zeus.

You can argue it makes her future fights more boring and that it cheapens her victories, but that's about it. Growth has little to do with it.

Oda shouldn't have put Nami against a flying six in the first place. She is just too weak.
Her PU is the biggest BS ever.
Is it good that actualy Zeus defeated a weakened non hybrid Ulti and Nami gets all the credit? Ofc not!
But there was no way she could have defeated her by her own, not even including a fresh Ulti. As bad as this ''fight'' was, power level wise is was the right decision.

There is one question I have about Sanji's raid suit though. We've seen how he puts it on. He strips naked first. So...how fast does he dress? Is he going commando right now? So many questions

There is one question I have about Sanji's raid suit though. We've seen how he puts it on. He strips naked first. So...how fast does he dress? Is he going commando right now? So many questions
One Piece logic takes care of it. In a fantasy world things that don't make sense in the real life can work out very well. For example: Luffy's third gear wouldn't work in the real world because Luffy doesn't add mass to his arm, he just blows air into it, which simply makes it bigger without increasing its mass. The Laws of physics don't apply in a fictional world unless the author adds them, but that happens very rarely if it happens at all.

A fantasy world has its own established rules that the author introduces in accordance to his world building. The most important thing is to always stay within those established rules and be as consistent as possible, but unfortunately for all of us that's not the case with one piece.

Oda shouldn't have put Nami against a flying six in the first place. She is just too weak.
Her PU is the biggest BS ever.
Is it good that actualy Zeus defeated a weakened non hybrid Ulti and Nami gets all the credit? Ofc not!
But there was no way she could have defeated her by her own, not even including a fresh Ulti. As bad as this ''fight'' was, power level wise is was the right decision.
Nami was always weaker than her opponents when it comes to strength. She uses her mind and the tools at her disposal to get a win. The issue wasn't Nami going up against a Flying Six. Its how her victory over the opponent that was badly executed. Nami over came nothing in this.

Nami was always weaker than her opponents when it comes to strength. She uses her mind and the tools at her disposal to get a win. The issue wasn't Nami going up against a Flying Six. Its how her victory over the opponent that was badly executed. Nami over came nothing in this.
Her mind and tools lol
Kalifa should have instantly speedblitzed her and killed her. She didn't do it. Guess what, it's called plotarmor.
Ulti is way above her, you can't win against her with some 5th grade tricks.
She just tanks everything. Same goes for Ussope, he dooesn't have enough AP to take one down.

Her mind and tools lol
Kalifa should have instantly speedblitzed her and killed her. She didn't do it. Guess what, it's called plotarmor.
Ulti is way above her, you can't win against her with some 5th grade tricks.
She just tanks everything. Same goes for Ussope, he dooesn't have enough AP to take one down.
Kalifa underestimated her until it was too late.

Agreed. Kalifa could use the Rokushiki swiftly and her speed and vastness of techniques was insanely faster and more proficient than Nami's respectively, but Nami used her intellect to come up with a weather pattern allowing her to overcome the CP9.

Its how her victory over the opponent that was badly executed. Nami over came nothing in this.
Then that just means that Nami wasn't supposed to overcome anything.
Just because WE wanted her to, doesn't mean that it was Oda's intention to do it this way. He wanted to showcase that Nami isn't strong enough yet, but could be with Zeus. At the same time he wanted to show Tama's importance in the war even more by turning Big Mom against Page One and Ulti, weakening them in the process. Oda ALSO wanted Zeus to become a different kind of powerup than what we thought he would be.

From what he wanted to do, Oda executed almost everything in a good way. He could've put more emphasis on Nami's and Usopp's weakness by not offscreening most of their first encounter with Ulti and Page One, but that's it. The way I see it, people just have a problem that these things happened at all, less so with how they happened. They wanted Nami to win the way she always did.

Not only is Nami’s climatact alive now

Not only does Nami not have to do anything to attack anymore...

Not only was Ulti nerfed due to Big Mom clownery...

But the fact that this fight was over in half a chapter without Nami even doing anything is absolutely abysmal

I’m curious, is anyone actually ok with this? Even is Ulti is ok after this attack, this will be the third time Oda take KO’d her, so either way it’s gonna be trash.
We don't actually know if Ulti is down for good yet, she has been "one shotted" a few times already but got back up. But the thing is, Nami does have other powers she can use like Mirage Tempo and Tornado Tempo but for the current situation Zeus' damage output is what is necessary.

Then that just means that Nami wasn't supposed to overcome anything.
Just because WE wanted her to, doesn't mean that it was Oda's intention to do it this way. He wanted to showcase that Nami isn't strong enough yet, but could be with Zeus. At the same time he wanted to show Tama's importance in the war even more by turning Big Mom against Page One and Ulti, weakening them in the process. Oda ALSO wanted Zeus to become a different kind of powerup than what we thought he would be.

From what he wanted to do, Oda executed almost everything in a good way. He could've put more emphasis on Nami's and Usopp's weakness by not offscreening most of their first encounter with Ulti and Page One, but that's it. The way I see it, people just have a problem that these things happened at all, less so with how they happened. They wanted Nami to win the way she always did.
If Oda executed it in a good way as you say, then why are so many people having issues with this fight or lack of fight??? If Nami is not strong enough now, then when??? What was the point of the timeskip if only Luffy seems to benefit from it. This is weak storytelling. Having Big Mom hurt some of the Flying Six is giving the notion that the SH ain't ready for the New World.