Chapter Discussion Oda not only ruined Nami’s 1v1 this arc, but he also ruined her fighting style in the span of half a chapter.

Did Oda ruin Nami’s fighting style and 1v1 this arc?

• Total voters
Nami is not on the level of Ulti
Usopp is not on the level of Page One

These guys are ancient zoans, super strong and durable, and 2 type haki users. I predicted before the raid that Nami and Usopp wont fight them because they are clearly outmatched, but Oda still went that route, so he had to nerf them in a somewhat realistic way. Props to him, he made Nami win in a belieavable way...

Robin and Brook tag teamed one, Franky is fighting another (General is kinda a beast). Lets see how those go, but all of them are portrayed above the Strawhats so far.

These guys are ancient zoans, super strong and durable, and 2 type haki users. I predicted before the raid that Nami and Usopp wont fight them because they are clearly outmatched, but Oda still went that route, so he had to nerf them in a somewhat realistic way. Props to him, he made Nami win in a belieavable way...

Robin and Brook tag teamed one, Franky is fighting another (General is kinda a beast). Lets see how those go, but all of them are portrayed above the Strawhats so far.
ty for being the only reasonable person in this thread 😢

For everyone saying that Ulti & Page One are just too strong for Nami & Usopp, ok then just don't have them fight flying six members. There are plenty of other people in the alliance that could have fought Ulti & Page One. If the only way for Nami to beat Ulti was to have her nerfed to this degree & to have Nami just basically get a weapon that can do all the work for her and is significantly more powerful, then just don't have her fight Ulti.

Now people are gonna say "well she needs to get stronger eventually blah blah blah", I'm fine with her getting a power up (I don't care enough about Zeus to actually talk about how dumb his existence is), but this just wasn't handled well in my opinion.

I'd like it more if Usopp and Nami had help against Page One and Ulti (like Nami and Lola versus Absalom). This is just pitiful.

For everyone saying that Ulti & Page One are just too strong for Nami & Usopp, ok then just don't have them fight flying six members. There are plenty of other people in the alliance that could have fought Ulti & Page One. If the only way for Nami to beat Ulti was to have her nerfed to this degree & to have Nami just basically get a weapon that can do all the work for her and is significantly more powerful, then just don't have her fight Ulti.

Now people are gonna say "well she needs to get stronger eventually blah blah blah", I'm fine with her getting a power up (I don't care enough about Zeus to actually talk about how dumb his existence is), but this just wasn't handled well in my opinion.
The thing is, most Strawhats dont need to fight the F6 to get stronger. Like Nami never relied and will never rely on physical strength, she always gets stronger as her weapon and knowledge increases. So the fight vs Ulti did nothing to make her stronger, she already got her power up in Zeus even without fighting, and some Big Mom Pirate with weird abilities in a "battle of brains and skills" would be a more fitting matchup. Same for Usopp. Franky also gets stringer by improving his cyborg abilities, making new weapons, improving the General etc. He doesent need Sasaki to get stronger exactly.

However, these guys need to be defeated for the raid to be successful, and Oda wants the Strawhats in the center of it, so he naturally matches them up against the Kaido top officers. He eliminated the SN by putting them against each other, and put BM there to take Kid and Law out of the way. Now if he removes Marco too it will be SHP vs BP showdown. Hes getting to the point he wanted successfully
Post automatically merged:

I'd like it more if Usopp and Nami had help against Page One and Ulti (like Nami and Lola versus Absalom). This is just pitiful.
You can argue about preferences, it could be made different yes, but then someone will make a thread about how Nami and character X can defeat a top 10 strongest member of a Yonko crew, that can use both tyoes of haki (Nami none), can physically clash with Luffy, can get up after a BM ko etc... then you get as much complaining as now, just with the other side doing it

just curious what is the limitation of soru soru no mi ?
if nami can get zeus and made him her weapon can she do that again to other big mom homie?
and are zeus loyalty to big mom defeated by his stomach? just how much big mom can control her homies ?

The change in Nami’s fighting style is a big W I loved this move from Oda never predicted it, but it opens so much growth in Nami’s strength and combat potential. On the other hand I have to be honest about Ulti’s situation cuz I didn’t like it much and that’s due to the damage she received from BM’s attack if she didn’t get hit with it the fight would have been amazing, but it’s what it’s we have to wait and see what happens next.

Having her insides messed up because of an emperor then Zeus attacking her from behind is way better than seeing Nami having a one on one with fresh Ulti Oda made it clear that the dino siblings are above EOW Nami and Usopp
Heat and Wire fighting Ulti and Pageone would be better than this crap
How about not pit Nami and Usopp at all at such strong opponents or if you planned BM take them out lwave them defeated, if you did that to one you can do it to the other, he brought back a 3% ulti for the sake of namo finishing her, forcing shit.
Post automatically merged:

Sanji fighting style is garbage as well now too. I hope the Raid Suit gets destroyed by Queen...
It wont be destroyed lol. At best it's design gets modified, if Queen destroys the RS, Sanji is basically defeated. It's like saying Kaido or King should destroy Zoro's power up, Sanji's power up wont be destroyed.

Relax bro the match ups isnt finished yet...
We still have
izo, kawa, neko, denjiro
Perospero, and rest of big meme child
Carot and wanda
Zoro and chopper
Numbers
And 4 yakuza boss

Theres no way ulti and page 1 is defeated by that attack

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Gonna start by saying I don't read One Piece for Nami 1v1s. People were crying Oda doesn't care for the powerscale, well here's your answer. He clearly does, tobbi roppo were well out of her and Usopp's league, he wasn't going to give her a clean victory, could he have handled it better? Maybe, but here's the consistency you guys wanted, majority of you should be happy.

Also I could care less that Nami fights are less interesting moving forward. When's the last time Nami even fought someone? For real. I'd rather she get a cheap hand me down to keep her from being stomped moving forward or needing constant deus ex to save her ass. So I welcome the Zeus addition to save us from future contrived writing.

Gonna start by saying I don't read One Piece for Nami 1v1s. People were crying Oda doesn't care for the powerscale, well here's your answer. He clearly does, tobbi roppo were well out of her and Usopp's league, he wasn't going to give her a clean victory, could he have handled it better? Maybe, but here's the consistency you guys wanted, majority of you should be happy.
My main problem is how Oda forced Ulti come back just to get announced her defeat by Nami. Just leave her defeated like Page One, BM tool them both out - stayed true to their power level - not leaving as much of a sour taste as this and less time wasted. Chapter literally ended same as last chapter with just an additional clash in thr last panel due to this shit

ZenZu

My main problem is how Oda forced Ulti come back just to get announced her defeat by Nami. Just leave her defeated like Page One, BM tool them both out - stayed true to their power level - not leaving as much of a sour taste as this and less time wasted. Chapter literally ended same as last chapter with just an additional clash in thr last panel due to this shit
I'm cool with it because it further showed how strong these tobi roppo / ancient zoans are. Heck even with Big Mom's intervention Ulti was gonna destroy them if not for the last minute Zeus addition. So it's a great showing for Ulti. I don't care for Nami's strength, her earning a victory is the least of my concerns with so much going on this arc.

Dose of reality for those that thought the weaker strawhats were anywhere near capable of standing off against these characters.

ZenZu

If not now then when?
We will soon have Usopp vs Van Augur and Nami vs Catarina Devon

Meanwhile those two cant half deal with Ulti and P1 and i am to expect they will do it in believable and logical way
So you want them to magically be on Ulti and P1 level, but when Oda does give her a way to keep up with characters on this level by giving her zeus you also got a problem with that?

and i am to expect they will do it in believable and logical way
The answer to that is Zeus for Nami atleast, that's massive buff for Nami. I don't know what series y'all have been reading but Nami was never slated to be at the apex of this verse (naturally). Blame yourselves for thinking Nami was gonna be someone capable of fighting the likes of Catarina Devon.

Not directed towards you but this fandom has been borderline retarded lately, literally crying about anything, I don't know if the pandemic is getting to y'all or what lmfao.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
So you want them to magically be on Ulti and P1 level, but when Oda does give her a way to keep up with characters on this level by giving her zeus you also got a problem with that?
Nah, i expect them at least to get something from the fight of their own

Nami got Zeus, IMO it would be better if she upgraded her existing abilities. In the entire fight we've only see her cast lightning bolt and i believe tempest. Nothing else which is a shame since pre TS nami had way more abilities. Plus we've seen Nami train under Shinobu for a whole so it would be cool if we got some of that, of course i don't expect Nami to be Sasuke level ninja after few days but considering her adeptness when it comes to climate attacks she should be able to implement some new techniques to her roster

Of course i doubt it would be enough to take out Ulti or P1 so keep the whole BM thing. Hell even give Nami Zeus and make her one shot Ulti at the end. But all before that was wasted, it was just Nami running around. It was boring to watch

Meanwhile Usopp got mode headbuts this arc that anyone else in the story overall. And dude with no CoA took CoA infused dinosaur punches like its nothing wheres he nearly died in dressrosa from far weaker attacks lmao

Also Usopp never once showcased his CoO this arc which is a damn shame. Would be at least nice if the dude dodged some shit instead of O-tama warning him about the danger.

Point is, i think it is bad bcs neither of them got out of the fight with any real progress to them, they didn't grow from the conflict when it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

The answer to that is Zeus for Nami atleast, that's massive buff for Nami. I don't know what series y'all have been reading but Nami was never slated to be at the apex of this verse (naturally). Blame yourselves for thinking Nami was gonna be someone capable of fighting the likes of Catarina Devon.
Nah i never considered Nami to be anywhere near that level. But still it would be nice if we saw Nami actually grow fight wise on top of getting Zeus

ZenZu

Nah, i expect them at least to get something from the fight of their own

Nami got Zeus, IMO it would be better if she upgraded her existing abilities. In the entire fight we've only see her cast lightning bolt and i believe tempest. Nothing else which is a shame since pre TS nami had way more abilities. Plus we've seen Nami train under Shinobu for a whole so it would be cool if we got some of that, of course i don't expect Nami to be Sasuke level ninja after few days but considering her adeptness when it comes to climate attacks she should be able to implement some new techniques to her roster

Of course i doubt it would be enough to take out Ulti or P1 so keep the whole BM thing. Hell even give Nami Zeus and make her one shot Ulti at the end. But all before that was wasted, it was just Nami running around. It was boring to watch

Also Usopp never once showcased his CoO this arc which is a damn shame. Would be at least nice if the dude dodged some shit instead of O-tama warning him about the danger.

Point is, i think it is bad bcs neither of them got out of the fight with any real progress to them, they didn't grow from the conflict when it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Nah i never considered Nami to be anywhere near that level. But still it would be nice if we saw Nami actually grow fight wise on top of getting Zeus
Let me ask you this, when has Nami ever gotten something from the fight of her own? She's always been handed things and just figured out ways to use them. Clima tact upgrades and all. She's never really grown from a fight like the heavy hitters of the crew.

The fight could have been written better, but nothing was illogical here, nor is Nami that important of a fighter to invest so much energy into. I'm glad she got Zeus now she's a walking glass canon, hopefully this reduces the chances of Oda wasting multiple chapters of Nami running around being saved left and right by random inserts in the future.

Meanwhile Usopp got mode headbuts this arc that anyone else in the story overall. And dude with no CoA took CoA infused dinosaur punches like its nothing wheres he nearly died in dressrosa from far weaker attacks lmao
I agree with this, Usopp got the short end of the stick. If anything that's what the focus of this thread should be on.