Character Discussion Would Doflamingo be stronger if...

Have Doflamingo did everything he could?

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Would Doflamingo be stronger than what he presented during Dressrosa if he had better motivation to aim for the top?

Do you think he got too laid back with his road to becoming a great pirate?

Did his "family" held him back by pep talking him?

Bonus question: Was everything above false and Doffy was on his way to becoming a monster in his own right but his meeting with Kaido was the beginning of the down spiral/less strive for the top?

Did Kaido crushed Doflamingo's dreams at one stage to the point where Doflamingo never recovered mentally to push back to the top again and he became content with his position as Kaido's lackey?

@Light D Lamperouge could you tag Doffy bois?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Yeah I think Doffy and his gang became lazy after Dressrosa takeover. You can see his gang being old and sometimes out of shape.

Doffs prรฉfรจred ruling over his kingdom and manipulating everyone instead of doing things himself and putting himself in danger.

I really think the guy and his crew had Yonko potential

Did Kaido crushed Doflamingo's dreams at one stage to the point where Doflamingo never recovered mentally to push back to the top again and he became content with his position as Kaido's lackey?
Well, looking at Moria... Kaido is good at crushing people's dreams.

BTW, I think DD had potential to be a top tier but he also grew "lazy" over the years imo. Was just mostly chilling and toying with prey. He had no real opportunity to grow in power tremendously.

Being a top tier is all about having top tier physical strength , top tier haki and top tier devil fruit......how haki potential works is stupid as haki is simply willpower and nothing else unlike nen which is a energy thing you are born with and can be special/have high low potential.......why doffy or most of relevant characters can't use adv coa/adv coo? Luffy learned them in months........maybe doffy didn't had the exposure to them?.......

He also needed to have more powerful df like magu magu no mi or goro goro no mi...............

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Being a top tier is all about having top tier physical strength , top tier haki and top tier devil fruit......how haki potential works is stupid as haki is simply willpower and nothing less unlike nen which is a energy thing you are born with and can be special/have high low potential.......why doffy or most of relevant characters can't use adv coa/adv coo? Luffy learned them in months........maybe doffy didn't had the exposure to them?.......

He also needed to have more powerful df like magu magu no mi and goro goro no mi...............
No being top tier is having top tier will and top tier guts, the strength comes after that

did he have the potential to be stronger?? I donโ€™t know, maybe? I mean he has CoC and people with CoC I think has the potential to be top tiers

But I donโ€™t think heโ€™s not as strong as doffyโ€™s fans want him to be because of anything like lack of motivation laziness or his family holding him back

I think he simply had a role in the story (main antagonist in the middle of the story) and that role has finished

Heโ€™s the mid game boss
Not final one

Yeah, when he was young he was a machine and his drive to be stronger and destroy the world seemed crazy but after some time he took the back seat and got comfortable

The real deals in this world want to conquer it all, to fight the big dogs etc
Yeah but he never could mostly because he didn't had exposure to adv haki and hence never learnt them , also if he had gura gura no mi/ more luck on his side he obvi would have been more successful

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Yeah, when he was young he was a machine and his drive to be stronger and destroy the world seemed crazy but after some time he took the back seat and got comfortable

The real deals in this world want to conquer it all, to fight the big dogs etc
This is where Kaido comes into play.

I think Kaido destroyed Doffy and broke him mentally

WalnutTax

A man, my son ๐ŸŒŠ
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
I don't recall everything but here's my two cents:

He has been rejected by the CD, so it only makes sense to destroy everything they are..that they stand for..and that they created. Whether or not he wants anarchy to rule over the ashes or himself is not too clear for me. Therefore, Doflamingo's end game goal was acquiring the Ope Ope no mi AND have the user conduct the operation. Combining that with both the knowledge and the treasure in Mary Geoise, I believe Doflamingo wanted to replace Imu physically and symbolically in the position (correct me if I am wrong, wasn't this a personality operation, not just eternal youth?).

This was quite an ambitious plan that at one point, something that could have become very real.

However, looking back now...both Doflamingo and his crew seemed to have become "lazier" and significantly more chill. I am not saying that Doflamingo is not active in his plans or the current contract with Kaido..but the drive is not the same as it was in his younger years. Most of his more senior members became old now, others content with their positions and day to day activities. Kaido definitely played a part sure with how the whole breaking wills or making subserveint allies (Doflamingo actually feared him as he did with Tsuru the Marine), but the whole smiles production (SAD) and the factory bits occured 4 years before the current story. It is not the entirety of Doffy's career, just something a bit more "recent" in the timeline.

What Doflamingo should have done in hindsight is hunt down Law ASAP and generally just become more active and agressive in the stages of his plan. The shichibukai position was abused to great extent to have Doflamingo rule the Underworld, but that was not enough now it seems. After spending the first few years of taking over Dressrosa and running it for a bit, Doflamingo might have been able to track Law down and either kill him to obtain the fruit (with one nearby for good measure), or something else..

This is where Kaido comes into play.

I think Kaido destroyed Doffy and broke him mentally
Nothing happen to doflamingo his businesses were a success and there was nothing stop doflamingo for getting the smile fruits to kaido until law interfere in his plans remember doflamingo and Luffy didn't really have anything against each other until Luffy came to dressrosa.

If he had a better motivation, sure, Doffy weemed pretty laid back. He was not aiming for the top but for a good business with Kaido. Despite some of his underlings wanting him to become pirate king, even strongly, he never showed a strong drive to it. It is famous the scene of Doffy shitting himself just at the idea of pissing off Kaido. That set his level already.

Same for Moria but way more, Moria was said to have the same personality and drive of Luffy but Kaido totally trashed him destroying his will. Doffy had a stronger will/drive than defeated Moria but still he didn't even think about confronting the big players, that was some rookie madness. But yet who knows, maybe the next time we will see Moria he will be stronger than Doffy.

Based how he react about Kaido, I can see some plot where he get crushed and "need" to work under Kaido.
Doffy is usually a character who not fear anyone, but when it come to Kaido, he shit is pants, kinda give me same Moria vibe.
So I can see years ago Doffy get rekt by Kaido or his calamity. After he and his crew get crushed, they became lazy, knowing that they never can beat Kaido and his crew. Hope we going to learn more about it.