Powers & Abilities Gomu Gomu no mi: a devil fruit that is worth 5 billion berry | what's the secret behind this power?

As I've promised to you all, I'm making this thread because I have few things to say about this NEW reveal about Luffy's DF.

Since the pre-timskip I had this filling that Luffy's DF has some kind of special ability or power, but I've never created any threads about it because I had no evidence whatsoever, just my observation.

I mean think about it, isn't it stronge that Shanks carries Luffy's DF in a box and always keeps it close to himself? The gomu gomu no mi was Shanks' loot from his pirate raid, he should have kept it in his treasury within his ship alongside with his other treasures, or at the very least given it to his crew members to guard it. But no, he was carrying it personally, always keeping it close to himself, why? What's so special about one DF that a Fucking Yonko is guarding it? It was always strange to me, very strange, but I never had any reason to speculate, until now.
  • 5 billion berry devil Fruit
For those who don't know, there were two other versions of one piece called "romance dawn" before the actual series started, and in the "romance dawn N2" there was an interesting reveal about gomu gomu no mi...

Yes, that's right, gomu gomu no mi is worth as much as Law's ope ope no mi, that by itself indicates that Luffy's devil fruit has some pretty special ability. But what ability?
Now, some people come up with very ludacris ideas like: teleportation or time travel...
:lawsigh:
First of all, we already have the time travel DF that belongs or belonged to Toki. And second, isn't it enough for one big plot hole with Toki's DF ability and you want even more?

You have to be realistic, we have to speculate within the boundaries of Luffy's DF abilities, type and possibilities.

• Shape Shifting Abilities
Now, this is very interesting. Have you heard of "plastic man or elastic man?"

These two characters are from Marvel and DC universe respectively. Both of them can easily change their SIZE, and that's the most interesting part that I wanna concentrate upon. What if after awakening Luffy could easily change the size of his body, transforming from colossal giant that can tower over read line/Marijoa, like the titans from "attack on titan" or squeeze himself to the size of Tontata tribe? Sounds interesting right.

We know as a fact that the WG was experimenting on Gigantification, so they for sure would be interested in a DF that can make anyone as big as Oze or even Bigger.

One DF that can do that is Sanjuan Wolf's ability that allows him to change his size, but you have to consider the fact that Sanjuan Wolf is a giant by himself, so the effect of the DF would not be as extreme on a regular human as it is in Sanjuan Wolf. On the other hand, gomu gomu should thecniquely allow any user to change his form from one extreme to the other. You now probably wonder, what's the exact usage of it?

• Warrior, Builder, Destroyer

1. By becoming a giant you obviously become stronger, imagine Luffy using gear 4th after becoming 300 meter colossal, an insane power booster.
  2. Thanks to the enormous size, you can easily change the geography by relocating islands, just like continent pullers.
  3. You can through islands at your enemy, destroy and an entire armada, or move mountains.
But, what if you could turn other things into rubber and squeeze them to the size of a tennis ball and put them into your pockets? Sounds interesting, right!? Imagine taking huge rocks and and squeezing them small enough so that you can carry them in your pockets, and then when the time comes you can take them out and through them at your enemy, I think that's a power that the WG would want to have.

But here's the most interesting part: As you already know, Thriller bark is very similar to the Wano arc, as matter of fact, Thriller bark foreshadowed a lot of things that happened in Wano. So, let's take a look at Thriller bark once more, shell we.

In Thriller bark arc Luffy turned into a blue giant, and used a GIANT SWORD to fight against Oze. Now, we have a GIANT SWORD in Wano, bet where's the giant that can use it?

@Queen
@Zoro
@Van
@playa4321
@Celestia
@Grumpy Zoro
@Ice devil slayer
@KiriNigiri
@Veljko2000
@rednose
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Monet
@Veku
@BigChungus2018
@Crooc
@Reborn
@BossYimz
@Robin swan
@gojo
@Fenaker
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@ShishioIsBack
@Orojackson Refugee
@Greenbeard
@Dragomir
@Sword God Ryuma
@Sentinel
@IceWitch
@Himura
@DarkWitch
@stormylife
@Mr. Anderson
@yunzabit heights
@Monster trio
@Vonal
@Don DaSlayer
@Xione
@Master OF Haki
@Topi Jerami
@Yukihime
@bennbeckman
@Thabeast
@SaintBellkin
@SinOfGreed
@Zenos7
@Lucas
@JioFreed
@pedxi
@Zowo
@Luslec
@style
@Luffy is the mc
@Guymieux
@Mikail
@KINGKONGGUN15
@RyumaZoro
@worst pirate
@ZenZu
@LuffyMazino
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@HAJIKATA
@Jackteo
@Tamerani
@Marimo_420
@Garp the Fist
@Kejon
@Fukki
@Flower
@Sunita
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Skiddo
@KageyamaShoyo
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Elcadar
@Finalbeta
@Bullet
@Dark Hound
@Patryipe
@Light D Lamperouge
@Enma
@Owl Ki
@ZoroIsOverrated
@ShinmenTakezo
@Jack
@Admiral Lee Hung
@Bogard
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Shiroyru
@Camie
@ShadyOjiro
@Benn beck
@SethTrollins
@MarimoHeado
@Foxy Bunny
@Bittersteel
@comrade
@Cyrus the Cactus
@OmegaPsyche
@SHIHI
@Zoro D Goat
@critical mindset
@kurwa
@WillOfMyD
@Jo_Ndule
@Reddot4
@Exodia.
@nik87
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Gambit
@Monkey D Theories
@TheAncientCenturion
@Haoshoku
@Geo
@Yo Tan Wa
@Izaya X
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Albino 👑
@MasterD
@SmokedOut
@HeroesNZ
@Cinera
@Murilo
@Dark Knight Sanji
@Afroking
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Chaves
@Rivaille
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@MonsterZoro
@Gol D. Roger
@Soleus
@Aknolagon
@Emperor Nami
@Constantine
@Gensui Sazid
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@Hanzo hattori
@Buggy D Clown
@silverfire
@yorosenpai
@Tenshi No Konan
@Guan Yu
@Artorias
@Kiwipom
@zorojurou
@MD Zolo
@Brix
@Chrono
@HA001
@Sadistic Senpai
@bblue
@MarineHQ62
@KenshiraSonata
@Erkan12
@Buusatan94
@Celestial D. Dragon

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Not sure how much devil fruits cost. It would be cool to figure what's the intrinsic value of a mythical zoan or just a logia, but to me yeah this is pretty a manifestation of hype honestly. A clear reference to the importance of this devil fruit. Perhaps the government is aware of its potential and how dangerous the person eating might potential turn.

Not sure how much devil fruits cost. It would be cool to figure what's the intrinsic value of a mythical zoan or just a logia, but to me yeah this is pretty a manifestation of hype honestly. A clear reference to the importance of this devil fruit. Perhaps the government is aware of its potential and how dangerous the person eating might potential turn.
They obviously know lol. That's why they were guarding it in first place.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Naha, that contradicts Chopper's role.
Not necessarily.

What if Chopper is the one to find the secret of it?

Chopper's role could be hmm. Normally Luffy lives forever but if he gets infected with a fatal disease the fruit won't save him or some shit.

Listen. Manipulating the surrounding area is nothing. Every awakened Paramecia, Logia users can do it.

Unless Oda goes for reality-warping/manipulation to make Luffy a God. LMAO.

Post automatically merged:

Not necessarily.

What if Chopper is the one to find the secret of it?

Chopper's role could be hmm. Normally Luffy lives forever but if he gets infected with a fatal disease the fruit won't save him or some shit.

Listen. Manipulating the surrounding area is nothing. Every awakened Paramecia, Logia users can do it.

Unless Oda goes for reality-warping/manipulation to make Luffy a God. LMAO.
It depends what you can do with it. What Luffy can squeeze an entire mountains after turning them into rubber?
The WG probably want to replicate 'Ancient Giants' not just 'Giants'

Depends on vegapunk, that guy is genius he can transfer df power into a weapon, like kizaru laser, maybe he was planning to make some sort of technique that can make ordinary people become rubber skin that can stretch into a giant seems like giant army is the key to obtain one piece, even big meme and wg had the same project about it

thats what luffy kinda does with g3 (and g4 to an extent). Would be a weird awakening if you ask me.

and since moria isnt around to give luffy a shadow of a swordsman, he isnt using that big ass sword in onigashima either.

Last edited: