China's Top-10 All Time Generals

Who stands at the top of all generals in China's history?

• Total voters
I'm gonna have my list soon enough but 100% Gakuki would be my no.1

I mean I know this is not a fully loyal historical manga but his hype stands out in story and above that real history

if the rest of this people are lords of an era
Gakuki is a main figure in china history and a pinnacle for any general or strategist

I mean Kong Ming himself claimed "I am comparable to Gakuki"
I don't know how much you know Kong Ming but if the goat of all china claims "I am comparable" to Yue Yi ... that's just madness to me

and his in-story hype stands out as well
so yup ... if the sleeping dragon of china claim Gakuki is top 2 of china history up to that point
who the fuck am I to dare disagree with him
this is a man who know all of important figures in china far better than anyone alive btw

I will fully explain this and all of my reasons on real top 10 list

Last edited:
my list will be updated but I'm gonna stop reading Kingdom for now .... right now I'm at (643)

1- Gakuki ... a man Shin will never surpass

* as I said this is not even debatable to me

=> Military God
=> highest rank in story with 100 exp + SS factor
=> considered as greatest general of that era by Kong Ming. the smartest and greatest strategist of china history
=> leader of 6 armies and singlehandedly almost destroy strongest kingdom

2- Hakuki ... maybe the true pinnacle for Shin

=> Military Daemon
=> leader of 6 great general
=> a man who killed 1 Mil solders
=> never lost a battel

3- Renpa ... The Chadman of Kingdom

=> just like Gakiki have highest number (with no SS factor tho)
=> Riboku admit he can't beat him
=> equal to Ouki if not a bit better

4- Ouki ... the pinnacle for main character
* Kingdom sometimes act like a shonen so Ouki as benchmark for Shin can be 3rd as well

=> Shin's goal (my main reason)
=> stood equal to Renpa in my opinion
=> a great general in offense and defense

5-Ousen

=> feel free to put him at 5th place. he was the reason Ren Pa lost. something Riboku admitted he can't do
=> he defeated Riboku. but mainly cause of better generals not better plans ... but he did manage his underling masterfully so he should get cridit for that. he showed better leadership than Riboku and equal strategy

6- Riboku

=> I have to say ... I'm disappointed in him ... maybe cause I asked too much? maybe but I never saw a off chart strategy from Riboku but story implied he could've defeated Ousen if he didn't got captured. but he lost so ...

=> he have 199 point in 2 most important area for a general and highest numbers ... but I don't really buy this. story hyped him more than it should and never showed us he is really 100

7- Mou Gou ... I know :)

=> I know many people will disagree with this. he wasn't one of 6 and he wasn't off chart in anything but I believe in the story he was truly one of the best generals

=> seeking and finding the right talent is a MASSIVE AND MAJOR factor for generals. and Mou Gou is the man behind Ousen, kanki, Mobu, Mou Ten and I'll argue shin ... without him Qin wouldn't have at least 5 great generals. this factor have TOO MUCH value to me

=> also he is a great leader

8-kanki

=> I don't know him well enough but he might end up above Mou Gou to me. his methods are unorthodox but effective.
=> he can control his man very good and he is willing to do what ever it takes and see far outside of the box.

9- Yo Tan Wa

=> a true leader. a Queen-General that her people are willing to die for her and she is also unorthodox. as long as she lead HER OWN army she is on my top 10

10- Moubu

=> strongest man of china and maybe best general for attacking the enemy
=> he can be much higher on my list. his leadership is more impressive to me than his power. but he needs a master mind to help him

p.s
- since I'm only on 650 I can't be sure about my list
- I value feats not "it's said"
- I didn't add Shou Hei Kun cause we can't be sure he can lead a massive army at battlefield. he might be able to do it as an strategist but he don't have enough EXP to do it as a General until proven otherwise (imo)

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
my list will be updated but I'm gonna stop reading Kingdom for now .... right now I'm at (643)

1- Gakuki ... a man Shin will never surpass

* as I said this is not even debatable to me

=> Military God
=> highest rank in story with 100 exp + SS factor
=> considered as greatest general of that era by Kong Ming. the smartest and greatest strategist of china history
=> leader of 6 armies and singlehandedly almost destroy strongest kingdom

2- Hakuki ... maybe the true pinnacle for Shin

=> Military Daemon
=> leader of 6 great general
=> a man who killed 1 Mil solders
=> never lost a battel

3- Renpa ... The Chadman of Kingdom

=> just like Gakiki have highest number (with no SS factor tho)
=> Riboku admit he can't beat him
=> equal to Ouki if not a bit better

4- Ouki ... the pinnacle for main character
* Kingdom sometimes act like a shonen so Ouki as benchmark for Shin can be 3rd as well

=> Shin's goal (my main reason)
=> stood equal to Renpa in my opinion
=> a great general in offense and defense

5-Ousen

=> feel free to put him at 5th place. he was the reason Ren Pa lost. something Riboku admitted he can't do
=> he defeated Riboku. but mainly cause of better generals not better plans ... but he did manage his underling masterfully so he should get cridit for that. he showed better leadership than Riboku and equal strategy

6- Riboku

=> I have to say ... I'm disappointed in him ... maybe cause I asked too much? maybe but I never saw a off chart strategy from Riboku but story implied he could've defeated Ousen if he didn't got captured. but he lost so ...

=> he have 199 point in 2 most important area for a general and highest numbers ... but I don't really buy this. story hyped him more than it should and never showed us he is really 100

7- Mou Gou ... I know :)

=> I know many people will disagree with this. he wasn't one of 6 and he wasn't off chart in anything but I believe in the story he was truly one of the best generals

=> seeking and finding the right talent is a MASSIVE AND MAJOR factor for generals. and Mou Gou is the man behind Ousen, kanki, Mobu, Mou Ten and I'll argue shin ... without him Qin wouldn't have at least 5 great generals. this factor have TOO MUCH value to me

=> also he is a great leader

8-kanki

=> I don't know him well enough but he might end up above Mou Gou to me. his methods are unorthodox but effective.
=> he can control his man very good and he is willing to do what ever it takes and see far outside of the box.

9- Yo Tan Wa

=> a true leader. a Queen-General that her people are willing to die for her and she is also unorthodox. as long as she lead HER OWN army she is on my top 10

10- Moubu

=> strongest man of china and maybe best general for attacking the enemy
=> he can be much higher on my list. his leadership is more impressive to me than his power. but he needs a master mind to help him

p.s
- since I'm only on 650 I can't be sure about my list
- I value feats not "it's said"
- I didn't add Shou Hei Kun cause we can't be sure he can lead a massive army at battlefield. he might be able to do it as an strategist but he don't have enough EXP to do it as a General until proven otherwise (imo)
Riboku is ranked far too low. Renpa called him โ€œthe most dangerous man in Chinaโ€ (including Renpa), and Ouki called him โ€œa general of an unprecedented levelโ€, meaning he is above both Haku Ki and Gaku Ki.

Riboku is ranked far too low. Renpa called him โ€œthe most dangerous man in Chinaโ€ (including Renpa), and Ouki called him โ€œa general of an unprecedented levelโ€, meaning he is above both Haku Ki and Gaku Ki.
yes but he also said Nine out of 10 it will be the Wei army's victory. After all if it's a head on clash against Renpa...including me, there is not a single commander alive right now capable of besting him.

Ousen bested him
he admit Renpa is higher than him
and I won't change my mind about top 2 :)

so and for Ouki ... I'm fine if you say he should be higher
I respect Ouki this much cause of plot nothing more

yes but he also said Nine out of 10 it will be the Wei army's victory. After all if it's a head on clash against Renpa...including me, there is not a single commander alive right now capable of besting him.

Ousen bested him
he admit Renpa is higher than him
and I won't change my mind about top 2 :)

so and for Ouki ... I'm fine if you say he should be higher
You have to consider the state in which they were in. It wasn't a war in which Ousen fought Renpa's army head on, that changes things. I think even Riboku stated that "in a head on clash" he can't beat Renpa.

Ousen also didn't want none of Renpa when he confronted him.

You have to consider the state in which they were in. It wasn't a war in which Ousen fought Renpa's army head on, that changes things. I think even Riboku stated that "in a head on clash" he can't beat Renpa.

Ousen also didn't want none of Renpa when he confronted him.
yes ... that's why I ranked Renpa above him ...

I think Ousen/Riboku should be equals ... but Ren Pa is above both of them I assume ... none of them can best him as you said

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
In a head on clash. Overall Riboku is above Renpa outside of head on warfare. Riboku wouldโ€™ve likely lost to Ouki head on as well.

Ousen himself said that Riboku was the superior general and that Qin only won because Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten outperformed their competition.

And Riboku wouldโ€™ve defeated Ousen handily had the Zhao King listened to him lol.

In a head on clash. Overall Riboku is above Renpa outside of head on warfare. Riboku wouldโ€™ve likely lost to Ouki head on as well.
hmmm .... so I have to think about it more ... yes maybe in a war Riboku can win

Ousen himself said that Riboku was the superior general and that Qin only won because Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten outperformed their competition.
yes but Ousen MADE his man to push themselves too hard in a mind game ...
this is "better leadership" and therefore Ousen should get credit for it as the general
while Riboku didn't showed his level of leadership at all

And Riboku wouldโ€™ve defeated Ousen handily had the Zhao King listened to him lol.
cause of massive elite numbers ... maybe I could've defeated Ousen with that much army let alone Riboku :)

I'm not too far into Kingdom, but Ri Boku's been hyped up as the most dangerous man in China, he's easily top 3 at minimum. Ga Kuki is also probably up there.
idk ... his feats don't match the hype for me ... but top 3 might be a good number

p.s
Ga Kuki is THE GOD ... don't even doubt about it
Post automatically merged:

The problem is, and it has been a while since i read the arc, but Gyou'un who knows Renpa's strength really well called Riboku the strongest great heaven in history.
hmmm .... OK then ... I forgot about it ... so ... Riboku and Ousen should be above Renpa?
cause if Riboku is above him Ousen should be as well
and Ousen is the reason Renpa lost the war ...

hmmm .... OK then ... I forgot about it ... so ... Riboku and Ousen should be above Renpa?
cause if Riboku is above him Ousen should be as well
and Ousen is the reason Renpa lost the war ...
Strong can mean a lot. Riboku's statement of not being able to best Renpa in a head on clash stands against this. I would put Riboku's word above that off Gyou'un.

Ga Kuki's hype is really good, I just expect Ri Boku to surpass him later in the series. (I'm on chapter 321)
so I use history not manga

Ga Kuki (Yue Yi) was considered as military god and some one Kong Ming compared himself to him and considered him as greatest man of this era ...
I don't know if you know who Kong Ming is
but Ri Boku isn't a big deal compare to Kong Ming
and yet Kong Mong COMPARE himself to him ... Ga Kuki is a GOAT ... he should not be surpassed by anyone in the Kingdom story
Post automatically merged:

Strong can mean a lot. Riboku's statement of not being able to best Renpa in a head on clash stands against this. I would put Riboku's word above that off Gyou'un.
I think the mere fact Ren Pa have highest numbers in the manga (well highest alive) means he should be more of an end game than Riboku

just like you said I consider Riboku's statement as Ren Pa ultimate hype ... but I'm open to changing my mind about it :)

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
yes but Ousen MADE his man to push themselves too hard in a mind game ...
Ousen is the second greatest mind in Kingdom history. What is wrong with that? In a clash of intellect, there isn't one individual in this manga who is defeating Ousen not named Riboku. You could argue for unknowns like Koshou or Rinshoujou but even they, I doubt that they would be able to defeat Ousen in a contest of intellect.

this is "better leadership" and therefore Ousen should get credit for it as the general
while Riboku didn't showed his level of leadership at all
How is it "better leadership" when your subordinates outperform their competition? You can't really choose what subordinates you get lol, you can only work with what you've got. Riboku brought some of the most powerful Zhao Generals to Shukai Plains, they just so happened to be surpassed by Ousen's Qin Trio.

And on that note, if the Zhao King would've unleashed Ko Chou and his 150K elites as Riboku suggested, Ousen would've been gobsmacked into oblivion. It's not fair to take points away from Riboku just because he serves the shittiest regime in China lol.

If we want to talk "better leadership", the entire military of Zhao unanimously agrees that Riboku is Zhao's only hope to fend off Qin. Even Ko Chou himself knew that Riboku was Zhao's greatest asset, and Riboku's own subordinates talked about dethroning the Zhao King and replacing him with Riboku, an idea that Riboku himself dismissed.

As @MarineHQ62 said, Gyou'Un, who violently respected Rinshoujou (directly called Renpa's equal) stated that Riboku was the strongest Great Heaven in history, which would put him above Renpa and Rinshoujou.

Riboku slayed Makou on day one of the battle, which almost ended the entire war right there as Ousen would not have been able to recover from that if not for Mouten.

Riboku also masterminded Akou's defeat which was again yet another deathblow for Qin had Shin and Ouhon not stepped up to an entirely new level lol.

cause of massive elite numbers ... maybe I could've defeated Ousen with that much army let alone Riboku :)
I think you're just hardcore underestimating Ousen lol. I don't know any General in the History of Kingdom that is above him intellectually with the exception of Riboku. And Ousen also has very strong subordinate generals under him too, some of the strongest subordinates we've seen serving a single commander in Kingdom.

Ousen is the second greatest mind in Kingdom history. What is wrong with that? In a clash of intellect, there isn't one individual in this manga who is defeating Ousen not named Riboku. You could argue for unknowns like Koshou or Rinshoujou but even they, I doubt that they would be able to defeat Ousen in a contest of intellect.

How is it "better leadership" when your subordinates outperform their competition? You can't really choose what subordinates you get lol, you can only work with what you've got. Riboku brought some of the most powerful Zhao Generals to Shukai Plains, they just so happened to be surpassed by Ousen's Qin Trio.

And on that note, if the Zhao King would've unleashed Ko Chou and his 150K elites as Riboku suggested, Ousen would've been gobsmacked into oblivion. It's not fair to take points away from Riboku just because he serves the shittiest regime in China lol.

If we want to talk "better leadership", the entire military of Zhao unanimously agrees that Riboku is Zhao's only hope to fend off Qin. Even Ko Chou himself knew that Riboku was Zhao's greatest asset, and Riboku's own subordinates talked about dethroning the Zhao King and replacing him with Riboku, an idea that Riboku himself dismissed.

As @MarineHQ62 said, Gyou'Un, who violently respected Rinshoujou (directly called Renpa's equal) stated that Riboku was the strongest Great Heaven in history, which would put him above Renpa and Rinshoujou.

Riboku slayed Makou on day one of the battle, which almost ended the entire war right there as Ousen would not have been able to recover from that if not for Mouten.

Riboku also masterminded Akou's defeat which was again yet another deathblow for Qin had Shin and Ouhon not stepped up to an entirely new level lol.

I think you're just hardcore underestimating Ousen lol. I don't know any General in the History of Kingdom that is above him intellectually with the exception of Riboku. And Ousen also has very strong subordinate generals under him too, some of the strongest subordinates we've seen serving a single commander in Kingdom.
so I guess I have to think about it more

again I won't change top 2 cause by history and story and hara ...
Gakuki is without a doubt number 1
Hakuki is greatest of the 4 big generals (Ousen and Riboku and Renpa included)
and Ouki have plot armor and Hara with him

so putting Gakuki and Hakuki aside (again ... don't even bother Lee)

I think Renpa is equal to Ouki
I think Ousen is equal to Riboku

I guess I can put Riboku and Ousen above Renpa and Ouki ... and consider Riboku as greatest general alive
but I need to reread Renpa feats once more :)
cause as @MarineHQ62 said ...

- Riboku himself gave a massive hype to Renpa.
- Renpa numbers are higher than him and it can't be overlooked
- Ren Pa is an end game and Riboku isn't

so ... I got to get some sleep ... I tell you if I changed my mind :cheers:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Gakuki is without a doubt number 1
I know you said not to try lol, but how do you explain Ouki describing Riboku as "unprecedented"? Ouki is extremely knowledgeable about warfare and its history, he undoubtedly knows of Gakuki and his accomplishments even better than we do, and still he views Riboku as just on another level completely.

Hakuki is greatest of the 4 big generals (Ousen and Riboku and Renpa included)
As of now
:willsmith:
(Ignoring Riboku)

Hakuki aside (again ... don't even bother Lee)
I won't argue much on Haku Ki. Haku Ki is my personal most hyped character in Kingdom, even above Kou En Sama. I would rather read a Haku Ki flashback than get a Kou En reveal. And I'm enormously hyped for Kou En, in fact I think Kou En for me is the most hyped manga character who has yet to appear in Manga period right now. But I just think Haku Ki is just that hype lol.

Stronger than Riboku? I wouldn't say that but Haku Ki is my personal #2 behind Riboku. I believe that there was a databook that said Gaku Ki's strength was on par with the Qin 6 and the Zhao 3, he's not a commander distinct from them in Kingdom in terms of skill. In terms of experience yes but not skill or strength. I like to think of Gaku Ki as "the first" of this level of Generals. Like chronologically he came before the Qin 6 and Zhao 3 but they matched him in ability. This is what one of the databooks said at least.

But with Haku Ki, Ren Pa himself said that Haku Ki was the most difficult of the Qin 6 to deal with, which to me is basically confirmation that he was the strongest, even if he was pretty close to them in strength. He also has humongous historical hype which I do think Hara will make canon within Kingdom and I will not elaborate on here for now.

Haku Ki for me is that guy right now, and yeah I rank him above Gaku Ki (though I'm fine to give Gaku Ki the #3 spot).

I know you said not to try lol, but how do you explain Ouki describing Riboku as "unprecedented"? Ouki is extremely knowledgeable about warfare and its history, he undoubtedly knows of Gakuki and his accomplishments even better than we do, and still he views Riboku as just on another level completely.
yes but in reality a single copy version of Gakuki bested Riboku ...
if Gakuki himself was there Riboku would've been dead
btw
Gakuki won his Coalition war
Riboku lost

Gakuki is goat of this era and story gave him that hype. arguing with this is like arguing with Kong Ming.
you know me .... I have a lot of self esteem but not enough to argue with fucking Kong Ming

Gakuki with highest numbers , best achievements , greatest title and that SS factor beats anyone

As of now
:willsmith:
(Ignoring Riboku)

I won't argue much on Haku Ki. Haku Ki is my personal most hyped character in Kingdom, even above Kou En Sama. I would rather read a Haku Ki flashback than get a Kou En reveal. And I'm enormously hyped for Kou En, in fact I think Kou En for me is the most hyped manga character who has yet to appear in Manga period right now. But I just think Haku Ki is just that hype lol.

Stronger than Riboku? I wouldn't say that but Haku Ki is my personal #2 behind Riboku. I believe that there was a databook that said Gaku Ki's strength was on par with the Qin 6 and the Zhao 3, he's not a commander distinct from them in Kingdom in terms of skill. In terms of experience yes but not skill or strength. I like to think of Gaku Ki as "the first" of this level of Generals. Like chronologically he came before the Qin 6 and Zhao 3 but they matched him in ability. This is what one of the databooks said at least.

But with Haku Ki, Ren Pa himself said that Haku Ki was the most difficult of the Qin 6 to deal with, which to me is basically confirmation that he was the strongest, even if he was pretty close to them in strength. He also has humongous historical hype which I do think Hara will make canon within Kingdom and I will not elaborate on here for now.

Haku Ki for me is that guy right now, and yeah I rank him above Gaku Ki (though I'm fine to give Gaku Ki the #3 spot).
Haku Ki is greatest of the 4 by history so if Hara stay loyal he should stay as such
but
Gaku Ki was the main leader of first Coalition war, so I'm not sure but I THINK Haku Ki was his underling during that war

Haku Ki might be strongest of 6
but
Gaku Ki ALONE was equivalent to Qin's Six Great Generals

that's next level hype man ... I love Haku Ki as well ... but the name of Yue Yi aka Military God have too much weight
if Hara stay loyal to historical data, he should keep Gaku Ki as no.1
but it is his story so I won't bitch to much if he changed it
but as of now by story and history Gaku Ki is no.1