One Piece Chapter 965 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does lol. In fact that is the only thing the rank is based on.

They all have equal authority, but they are ranked based in strength lol. Otherwise, Whitey bay would be the YC1 as she had far more experience than Marco.
Damn didn’t realize that Jozu is so weak that WB didn’t even want to promote him to 2nd Division Commander even tho the position was open for 24+ years

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yes, it does lol. In fact that is the only thing the rank is based on.

They all have equal authority, but they are ranked based in strength lol. Otherwise, Whitey bay would be the YC1 as she had far more experience than Marco.
But Oda directly stated in the SBS that each Division Commander isn't ranked by strength? I'm confused why you think otherwise when this has been confirmed for half a decade.

My boy Sengoku was a monster too, but Roger didn't praise though Zephry,Kong and the other Admiral, pr
It's not certain if Zephyr is canon

but with Kong , as we saw with 2 other Fleet Admirals ( Sengoku and Akainu ) , they aren't the ones active , it's the 3 Admirals

Pre skip , Sengoku did way less works than any of C3

Akainu also have been quiet in Marine HQ since he became the Fleet Admiral , it's Fujitora and Ryokugyu who were putting works ( fighting 4 Revos in Mariejois , Fujitora worked in Dressrosa as well )

and i believe Oda will show Kizaru working eventually

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
But Oda directly stated in the SBS that each Division Commander isn't ranked by strength? I'm confused why you think otherwise when this has been confirmed for half a decade.
Because there is no other possible indicator lol. Unless you think Whitebeard just chose who was going to lead his teams randomly.

The rank is not based on experience, as Marco had less experience than other WBP’s.

The rank is not based on seniority for the same reason.

The only thing the rank could possibly indicate is strength.

Toki was aiming for Wano, her parents' hometown, though she doesn't know where she herself was born.

WB was fleeing marine pursuit. Oden, who didn't know about the scope or existence of the WG thought it strange that they didn't fight them.
WB told Oden that the government currently doesn't consider Wano as something that they govern

2 years after Oden set sail, Momonosuke was born
Oden now has a wanted poster, so Izo thought that he should consider his family and return but
Oden refused due to not having an answer yet and Toki said she was ok with it.

The WBP had grown in number and now had 5 divisions. Oden was entrusted with 2nd division.
An orphan with nowhere to go, Teach, also joined
While they continued their adventures Oden desired increasingly to return.

Sukiyaki was critically ill and wanted Oden to be his successor, however due to Oden's absence Orochi was working as a substitute while concealing his last name, Kurozumi.
Orochi promised to repay his debt to Oden and Sukiyaki while also clearing the Kurozumi name.
His grandfather committed seppuku after losing to the Kozuki family. They were formerly one of the 5 great families.
Orochi had been cooperating with an old woman, the user of the Mane Mane no Mi, making preparations to become Shogun.

The 4th year after Oden's departure they met the Roger pirates who had just defeated some marines.
Roger said that it's not fun fighting marines who are not rivals like Sengoku and Garp
Knowing that he wouldn't live much longer, he started thinking about killing WB (and he himself dying in the process)
Interesting, so I'm getting the feeling that Orochi will get revenge on the Kozuki family, rather than repaying an old debt. It's cool to see Roger acknowledge Garp and Sengoku like that, I'm really curious to see how he managed to pry Oden from Whitebeard. This is a great flashback so far.

I

Inspector_Mu

It doesn't reflect strength.
You dony even need that sbs

It is dumb to think Marco who is currently barely High high tier
Will be low top or mid top tier ar 18!
Coz Oden was top high tier 30 years ago already and made wn sweat
Oden is the reason why WB PIRATES BECAME MORE SUCCESSFUL , GOT MORE HYPE THAN ROHER PIRATES
THE NEWSPAPERS WAS ONKY HYPING WB AND ODEN!!!!

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
He doesn't mention strength directly tho. He says they have equal standing and authority.

how you chose to interpret equal standing is up to you.

??: Look at this face.
Orochi: Eh?
??: Kyokyokyokyo!
O: Eh!? My face!?
??: This is the true power of the 'Mane Mane no Mi'. If you listen to me... I will give you 'power'. The power to become Shogun!

Hakumai
O: I am Orochi. My family has all been struck down by illness...
Yasu: That's a pity... you can work here.

Kuri
Oden: You were at Yasu's place.
O: My name is Orochi! Heh heh
??: Please, can I have money!!

Last edited:
It's not certain if Zephyr is canon

but with Kong , as we saw with 2 other Fleet Admirals ( Sengoku and Akainu ) , they aren't the ones active , it's the 3 Admirals

Pre skip , Sengoku did way less works than any of C3

Akainu also have been quiet in Marine HQ since he became the Fleet Admiral , it's Fujitora and Ryokugyu who were putting works ( fighting 4 Revos in Mariejois , Fujitora worked in Dressrosa as well )

and i believe Oda will show Kizaru working eventually
This would still dehype the other 2 Admirals

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Who would’ve thought Ace > Marco was just as dumb as it sounded? Lol

Now we get virtual confirmation that Marco was > even Oden. Lol
If you disregard Ace, who joined when the division seat was empty, it can make sense. Marco was > Jozu, Jozu was >Vista. not saying Marco is stronger than Oden, but you could make a case.

??: Look at this face.
Orochi: Eh?
??: Kyokyokyokyo!
O: Eh!? My face!?
??: This is the true power of the 'Mane Mane no Mi'. If you listen to me... I will give you 'power'. The power to become Shogun!

Hakumai
O: I am Orochi. My family has all been struck down by illness...
Yasu: That's a pity... you can work here.

Kuri
Oden: You were at Yasu's place.
O: My name is Orochi! Heh heh
??: Somehow the money has been!!
Plot twist: Bon Clay’s true form is this old lady and Bon Clay is actually the traitor. During the time skip, Sanji accidently got smothered to death by a crowd of Okama and Bon Clay has been masquerading as Sanji. He’s been leaking details about the alliance to Orochi. The reason why we never saw Sanji finish off Page One is because they were just acting until the others left, and then he told P1 everything he knew

I

Inspector_Mu

Because there is no other possible indicator lol. Unless you think Whitebeard just chose who was going to lead his teams randomly.

The rank is not based on experience, as Marco had less experience than other WBP’s.

The rank is not based on seniority for the same reason.

The only thing the rank could possibly indicate is strength.
Explain how Marco at 17/8 is above Oden (inbetweener or low top)

When Currently he isnt even inbetweener?

Explain why only WB and Oden were hyped in the flashbacks so far
A mere clash 30 years ago, marco couldn't resist

Explain how Marco can grow above oden in 2 years
From fodder level to LOW TOP in 2 years when he doesjt even have same potential as Oden!

Oden who is a natural freak and has CoC
Didjt grow much weaker? Yet got surpassed by teenage Marco?

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
If you disregard Ace, who joined when the division seat was empty, it can make sense. Marco was > Jozu, Jozu was >Vista. not saying Marco is stronger than Oden, but you could make a case.
Disregarding @Inspector_Mu ’s impending damage control aneurism, there is no other reason for Marco to be ranked > Oden, other than him just being straight up stronger.

Whitebeard has even been calling Oden “brother” as if he saw him as a virtual equal, and yet Marco still gets the YC1 rank. There’s no other interpretation of this other than Marco is just straight up > Oden.

If the division commander ranks were given based on experience, Whitey Bay would’ve got YC1 and Oden sure as hell wouldn’t have gotten YC2 lol. There’s no way someone with basically the least experience in the crew would get YC2 over all of his more experienced crew mates.

Nope. Marco was literally sweating and struggling to stay on his feet when Oden and WB clashed.

Also are you guys just gonna ignore that this logic would mean Burgess > Shiryu?

Roger: Bring Garp or Sengoku... you guys aren't interesting at all.
Buggy: Captain Roger!
Crocus: The WBP ship is on the other side of the island
Ray: We've only fought them once Roger.
Roger: WB? It's been a while..
Shanks: Ehe
Ray: The island is an uproar. They made landfall.
Roger: Yosh! Let's do it, a 'mutual kill' (T/N: unsure of exact wording). My time is already near! (T/N: last bubble is cut off)

Disregarding @Inspector_Mu ’s impending damage control aneurism, there is no other reason for Marco to be ranked > Oden, other than him just being straight up stronger.

Whitebeard has even been calling Oden “brother” as if he saw him as a virtual equal, and yet Marco still gets the YC1 rank. There’s no other interpretation of this other than Marco is just straight up > Oden.

If the division commander ranks were given based on experience, Whitey Bay would’ve got YC1 and Oden sure as hell wouldn’t have gotten YC2 lol.
So is Burgess > Shiryu?

Status
Not open for further replies.