Status
Not open for further replies.
ive read the rules and honestly the discord just sounds like an extended neighbor chat to me. i think that the captains probably have to have a degree of wolf hunting completed during day zero to ensure that they dont botch who they invite onto their team. the shop i dont have a lot to say on because ive seen a shop mechanic in lots of games. honestly i think that if you are town you should probably be discussing what youre going to buy. i think that these discord groups especially need to coordinate their actions because its kind of obvious wolves will try to sneak into the shop and buy advantageous items without being caught.
1-2 of the Captains will be scum in my honest opinion and they will most likely recruits all townies as their members to eavesdrop on the maximum amount they can per night, so they can relay any info onto their scumchat.

But good going, i knew i wanted you in my team for a reason.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
We haven't even discussed locations yet. Anyone gonna travel or we gonna ignore that feature flat out?
There's definitely more benefits to traveling after looking at the rules. We can assume that abilities and special mechanics will play a rather big role here. Maybe more than even thread play nearing end game.

The only question is how abilities would work if 2 players are in different locations.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
There's definitely more benefits to traveling after looking at the rules. We can assume that abilities and special mechanics will play a rather big role here. Maybe more than even thread play nearing end game.

The only question is how abilities would work if 2 players are in different locations.
I'm under the impression that, unless an existing area has preset rules (which some seem to), we're probably still vulnerable to everything.

Locations seem to be > the shop tho, given there's items we can find and more draw backs to each one beyond just a price to pay. And draw backs to staying too long.

We haven't even discussed locations yet. Anyone gonna travel or we gonna ignore that feature flat out?
It likely depends on your means(money) and needs( if you really need any kind of potential buff/thing) you may get from them, for now id say most people will steer clear from them.

Unless some of the restrictions dont bother you as much as they should for the general public.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It likely depends on your means(money) and needs( if you really need any kind of potential buff/thing) you may get from them, for now id say most people will steer clear from them.

Unless some of the restrictions dont bother you as much as they should for the general public.
We should all start with the same money, no? To make it balanced.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
i guess what i also want to say is that if youre town and trying to be a captain then you need to take it serious on who you add to your team because i think this will be crucial for gameplay down the road. you need to be ready to be on alert with potential wolves in your chat and not trust everything blindly.
I think you're over thinking this too much.

1) A player can be kicked out a team if the captain wishes.
2) If a wolf does sneak in (which is inevitable) wouldn't it be easier to figure him out? Each discord server will have a small player pool and we can pay attention to details better.

Imo getting a wolf on your team is easier to weed them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.