Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea is that usually when fights end the chapter and they’re not done, they’re concluded the chapter afterwards
Chapter 405/Franky vs Fukuro entirely destroys this argument. So do 2 chapters of Usopp/Chopper vs Mr 4/Ms Merry Christmas. So does Frankys fight in DR.

There are a lot of examples that disprove this argument. Yes, I expected 1019 to be the end of their fight, but I expected there to be another full chapter of fighting because there is unfinished plot between Jinbe, Nika, WsW and their fight conclusion.

If it's just dialogue, then fine, but we still have to wait and see if that is the case. If Oda transitions to something else without showing Jinbe win, then its not over. If he shows it beforehand then it's over.

Simple as that. I'm not sugarcoating my arguments here. We just don't know yet (officially)
Post automatically merged:

Except you did argue it, multiple times. The threads are there lol
I've provided examples of why it's not always the case. I never told people they were wrong for saying the fights are over.

I've literally said to WAIT for the last 2 weeks because we haven't gotten reaction shots yet. You can quote me on that shit

Chapter 405/Franky vs Fukuro entirely destroys this argument. So do 2 chapters of Usopp/Chopper vs Mr 4/Ms Merry Christmas. So does Frankys fight in DR.

There are a lot of examples that disprove this argument. Yes, I expected 1019 to be the end of their fight, but I expected there to be another full chapter of fighting because there is unfinished plot between Jinbe, Nika, WsW and their fight conclusion.

If it's just dialogue, then fine, but we still have to wait and see if that is the case. If Oda transitions to something else without showing Jinbe win, then its not over. If he shows it beforehand then it's over.

Simple as that. I'm not sugarcoating my arguments here. We just don't know yet (officially)
There’s nothing left on Nika. That will probably be resolved later down the line.

I don’t care to argue, I already made my points in those chapter threads. You’re relying on old info, One Piece is now on way bigger scale that previous arcs. it would make sense that Oda, the man who wants to finish one piece in 5 years, just doesn’t put much input into fights anymore as it will take him around 10 more chapters to do so

There’s nothing left on Nika. That will probably be resolved later down the line.

I don’t care to argue, I already made my points in those chapter threads. You’re relying on old info, One Piece is now on way bigger scale that previous arcs. it would made sense that Oda, the man who wants to finish one piece in 5 years, just doesn’t put much input into fights anymore as it will take him around 10 more chapters to do so
There are still unresolved things left yes.

- WsWs actual identity
- What Nika actually means to Jinbe, why he became angry over the 2nd racial comment about Nika, Sun Pirates and Slavery and not the first derogatory comment made by WsW
- What secrets WsW actually knows (he was imprisoned for them, thus it's not about Nika)
- If he is Lucci's rival, usage of Seimei Kikan should be obvious.

If Oda doesn't address the above, then sure, it's my fault for expecting it. But you are calling shit before they happen, that's my point. Wait 18 hours bruh damn

And the series isn't ending in 3 years (it's been 2 years from the 5 years comment guys).

H

humanbeing

those hints makes me think that Yamato can fight her father better than Luffy did before :D
maybe she wounded him or maybe Kaido is very surprised by her strength :D

There are still unresolved things left yes.

- WsWs actual identity
- What Nika actually means to Jinbe, why he became angry over the 2nd racial comment about Nika, Sun Pirates and Slavery and not the first derogatory comment made by WsW
- What secrets WsW actually knows (he was imprisoned for them, thus it's not about Nika)
- If he is Lucci's rival, usage of Seimei Kikan should be obvious.

If Oda doesn't address the above, then sure, it's my fault for expecting it. But you are calling shit before they happen, that's my point. Wait 18 hours bruh damn

And the series isn't ending in 3 years (it's been 2 years from the 5 years comment guys).
-WsW identity could be revealed in an vivre card or sbs

-I don’t think it means anything. Jinbe got mad because WsW equated slavery to fishmen

-WsW already gave us the secret, it’s the Gomu Gomu no mi. It is not a coincidence we’re shown CP0 right after he talks bout it

-maybe, I don’t think it’s necessary

I just said don’t expect long fights, I can honestly see WsW lose next chapter then move onto Yamato. Also the comment was made last year in an SBS and that’s not the point, the point is Oda is mentally trying to finish it

-WsW identity could be revealed in an vivre card or sbs

-I don’t think it means anything. Jinbe got mad because WsW equated slavery to fishmen

-WsW already gave us the secret, it’s the Gomu Gomu no mi. It is not a coincidence we’re shown CP0 right after he talks bout it

-maybe, I don’t think it’s necessary

I just said don’t expect long fights, I can honestly see WsW lose next chapter then move onto Yamato. Also the comment was made last year in an SBS and that’s not the point, the point is Oda is mentally trying to finish it
He's been mentally trying to finish the series for 20 years bruh. He made the comment 2 years ago in an interview, then said it 2 more times last year as "5 years left", once in an another interview, and then in the SBS.

There are also multiple interpretations about that SBS answer. The way Oda answers it can come off as "Luffys journey being over". He actually avoids saying serialization will end. There have been many theories to how the series will go, but one thing that's been made pretty clear is the idea of Luffy finding One Piece before the final war.

IF Luffy finds one piece and becomes PK in the next 5-7 years, that would "conclude" Luffys journey. It does not mean it encompasses the final war or final serialization. I do suggest looking up multiple translations of that SBS.

Even people like Greg has suggested it "may" mean something more than it seems to.

He's been mentally trying to finish the series for 10 years bruh. He made the comment 2 years ago, then said it 2 more times last year as "5 years left"

There are also multiple interpretations about that SBS answer. The way Oda answers it can come off as "Luffys journey being over". He actually avoids saying serialization will end. There have been many theories to how the series will go, but one thing that's been made pretty clear is the idea of Luffy finding One Piece before the final war.

IF Luffy finds one piece and becomes PK in the next 5-7 years, that would "conclude" Luffys journey. It does not mean it encompasses the final war or final serialization. I do suggest looking up multiple translations of that SBS.

Even people like Greg has suggested it "may" mean something more than it seems to.
I am pretty sure last year was the only time Oda himself said it, before it was the editors

Oda is mentally checking out and it shows, he skips a lot of fights and tells the anime to fill in the gaps. I don’t expect him to suddenly change

I am pretty sure last year was the only time Oda himself said it, before it was the editors

Oda is mentally checking out and it shows, he skips a lot of fights and tells the anime to fill in the gaps. I don’t expect him to suddenly change
Oda never skips meaningful fights guys. He skips fights that lead to nothing. There is a MASSIVE difference
Post automatically merged:

@Roo
No he said it on September 2019 first himself

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...desire-to-end-one-piece-manga-in-5-years-time

P

PeperLevi

I don’t care to argue, I already made my points in those chapter threads. You’re relying on old info, One Piece is now on way bigger scale that previous arcs. it would make sense that Oda, the man who wants to finish one piece in 5 years, just doesn’t put much input into fights anymore as it will take him around 10 more chapters to do so
It looks like Oda himself can't trust his own words. The pacing which One Piece has been having recently is not the pacing of a author that "wanna to finish the story soon".

WsW vs Jinbe already had parts of it skipped, by the time we got to them Jinbe was damaged
But thats literally every fight since the beginning of the series lol. Not every battlescratch needs to be shown. Not every wasteful punch or kick needs to be seen.

- Mr 5 "defeated" Luffy offscreen at Little Garden
- Mr 2 defeated Usopp offscreen.
- Portions of Sanji and Zoro's fights against Mr 1 and 2 were offscreend before they officially started.
- The parts of Hatori vs Sanji/Usopp/Luffy was offscreened. It involved them mindlessly running around.
- Zoro vs Kaku and Jabra was offscreened at points. Sanji's fight against Kalifa was offscreened at the end.
- Believe it or not, Zoro vs Ryuuma actually offscreened portions of their fight.
- Marineford is chock full of offscreened moments.

These are just things I recall off the top of my head. There are plenty more when you actually realize certain characters were damaged more at points than the last time you saw them. This happens all the time in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.