Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an anime watcher, just looked into the latest episodes to see how they animated it. It's a pain to see how they stretch every scene. Flies towards Kaido with his elephant gun for 2 minutes and upon clashing, they are frozen in the air for another 2 minutes. Cmon.

Not even close. That attack of Luffy took a single panel and happened in the same episode as Kaido blasting the castle away. The anima should create way more filler episodes, but let the canon episodes filler free.
I’m just going to say, yeah, this episode was a lot more engaging than the manga.

Nicely animated episode. People are complaining in social media of course. "That wasnt in the manga" Of course not. Oda not going to take 3 chapters for something like that.
What does that have to do with Oda ?

The reason thlse foght struggles and pacing are trash is because they are too close to the manga and only adapt less of a chapter

Kaido needed a special club with seastone spikes and armament haki( black ightning), with Luffy's observation haki not working to one shot Luffy.

Big mom needed Haki combined with her devil fruit( flame pattern) and body weight to block a basic haki G4 kong Gun, and it still shook her hand.

That should tell you how powerful Luffy was. Obvously Kaido cannot injure Luffy easily without his weapon.

Not even close. That attack of Luffy took a single panel and happened in the same episode as Kaido blasting the castle away. The anima should create way more filler episodes, but let the canon episodes filler free.
That attack of Luffy took TWO DOUBLE SPREAD PAGES. One double spread in the end of the chapter, and one double spread for the second chapter. You can say "oh, it took one or two panels"
But Oda basically took 4 normal pages for one fucking attack.
The anime did an amazing, and absolutely great job in handling that scene to where it really was a hell of an impact. You guys just want "Oh c'mon anime, move faster, move faster, move faster". while some scenes are so fucking great if it took its time.
Manga is supposed to be fast paced, compact, summerized. While the anime is the one who should flesh out some of those scenes more and give it the shine and highlight it deserves.

One day, when you want to actually introduce a new friend into the fucking series and try to convince him to watch the show, seeing an episode like this will make him 100% sold on it. Animation wise for that punch, and the intensity will be more than enough for the viewers to feel the impact. I'm sorry to say this, but you guys cannot enjoy a fucking thing without complaining about a pace

I rememebr one time seeing a manga reader telling me about how in WCI after Pedro died, the anime took its while during a specific episode about Nami and co mourning Pedro and being sad about it, and he just wanted to go to Katakuri's fight.

I was like "Bitch, someone actually fucking died, and you don't want the anime to sell the viewers of someone close to them dying". In fact, I wanted more of that dramatic scene, I wanted something to make me cry, EVEN if some of the sad scenes were not in manga.

Sometimes, the anime needs to flesh out certain aspect to sell "intensity, sadness, anger, and even comedy and laughs...etc"
I fucking enjoy the hell out of it. You want the story to move forward?? go tell fucking Oda to fast pace his manga to begin with which is taking forever even in manga hahaha.

Your complaints is your opinion, but I will stick to my opinion and say this episode SHITTTS on the manga in every way, shape or form. Toei did it the Justice it deserved, and the punch showing me the back and forth of Luffy's angery face and Kaido's face smahsed with the fist sold me on how "INTENSE" it was. With the music fitting, oh god, mesmerized

As someone from youtube said, this was the BEST ELEPHANT GUN used in anime thus far. When you want to show a friend an elephant gun move for Luffy, you show him this

What does that have to do with Oda ?

The reason thlse foght struggles and pacing are trash is because they are too close to the manga and only adapt less of a chapter
It has to do with Oda since people are complaining that what is being shown in the anime, isnt what was shown in the manga. He's not going to drag out fights in detail for an eventual 1 hit K.O. Anime has always drawn out fights compared to manga. Thats the beauty of it.

It has to do with Oda since people are complaining that what is being shown in the anime, isnt what was shown in the manga. He's not going to drag out fights in detail for an eventual 1 hit K.O. Anime has always drawn out fights compared to manga. Thats the beauty of it.
I am no "Demon Slayer" watcher, but I hear that the godlike fight that made it so popular which surprisingly One Piece manga readers praised and wished Toei to be like them was actually filled with filler scenes not in manga LOL.

- One piece fans be like: I hate Toei animation, I wish they can add more scenes into the fight and flesh it out and make great animation.
- One Piece producers spend so much money to please those fans in Wano.
- Those same fans be like: Fuck you Toei! How dare you make Kaido have a serious face when he's clashing with Luffy with his nose and a flick of his finger

LOL, fucking unbelievable

That's the point though. The anime's job is to expand and flesh out the content of the manga. Drawing comics is tough and Oda's probably on a tight schedule every week. He's not going to put more into the story than he needs to.

Toei's failure isn't putting in filler; the story needs it to work as an animation. It's just the pacing of said content that's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.