Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are putting to much stock into the whole monkey dog pheasant thing and not only because the pheasant is a long shot, but also we don't know the state of Yamato at the end of this chapter. With lances hint it wouldn't surprise me if Kaido boro breath the fuck out of her.
The pheasant is a very short shot, Marco is deeply based on Fenghuang and it was quite connected to pheasants. Also, Marco took the rooster placed in that color spread about Chinese zodiac, and said rooster is interchangeable with Fenghuang, which as I said leads to pheasants directly.

Those kind of statements were not made for anyone else. Yet those kind of statements don't put Sanji over anyone else, either.

Why is Sanji more important? Because he was called wings? So was Zoro, directly by author, even.

Because Luffy said he can't become PK without Zoro? Why'd he need to say that to someone who is always by his side? Hell, Luffy never said it to Robin but she is a necessity for Luffy to become Pirate King.

I can straight up say Zoro is far more important because he actually does a lot more on screen to keep Luffy in check, focused and helps him become a better leader. And he has directly saved Luffy from death more times than any other crew-mate, as well.

But I'm not.

Every nakama helps different way, every nakama gets different portrayal, hype and words of importance. Sanji being called wings or the statement in WCI gives him importance, but it is irrelevant to other crewmmates. It does not give him importance over them.
So when Nami said that Zoro is the toughest, we should not have take that at face value? We should put Zoro endurance above his other n’alarmas in that department ?

Sanji is more important because he is call « wingS » AND because of Luffy’s statement.

Again I never denied what Zoro done, is doing, will do. I’m saying that even tho he did/do/will do all that he still less important to Luffy regarding Luffy reaching his dream. I don’t get why it is so hard to accept.

Exactly, every nakama helps in a different way and, per Luffy’s words, Sanji’s help is more valuable toward his dream than Zoro’s.

I am all for Sanji getting COC but this is the most useless reason people use to say Sanji gets COC. Being royalty has nothing to do with getting COC whatsoever. Judge himself isn't a COC user, what makes you think being his son qualifies Sanji as a potential COC user?
Judge and his modified kids are not the one's that get to inherit the will of the Germa of old.

Inherited Will is a big deal in OP, and obviously Sanji will be the one to play that role as the main character in the Germa family and sole reason they and their story exists in the first place.

So we don't look at Judge who's nothing like Sanji and is meant to be the true failure that he used to label Sanji as, but think of the Conquerors who once managed to rule over the entire North Blue.

I don't think anyone on here denies the fact that Sanji is one of the two biggest pillars that support Luffy. The problem arises when people start using this to create some kind of equality b/w Zoro and Sanji.
What they contribute to the crew is Equal, Sanjis combative prowess combined with his role of cook is an equal to what Zoro contributes to the crew by just being a Combatant.

I don't think anyone on here denies the fact that Sanji is one of the two biggest pillars that support Luffy. The problem arises when people start using this to create some kind of equality b/w Zoro and Sanji.
Aahh don't know about that
Some people here still arguing that Sanji has no significance and trying to undermine what Oda said through Robin this chapter :few:

Status
Not open for further replies.