General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Trolling aside

At least from where i am from when someone refers to you as his wings it means that you are the driving force for them.

In case of Zoro and Sanji and them being wings it means that without either of them being who they are Luffy would never each so high. So while Zoro's whole focus is fighting he will ofc be somewhat stronger than Sanji tho i don't think as much as people make i to be - Oda went his way to reinforce this - but Sanji unlike Zoro has more crew related matters to attend to - Spy, Chef, an actual temporary leader during dressrosa and Zou -

It evens out, both of them are needed for Luffy to be PK, some just in a different manner

Wings is probably not even a power level dictation guys. Simple.

Why would Robin miscredit the other SHs that look weaker. They are also prominent to let Luffy achieve his dream.
It has nothing to do with power level. But it has to do with Robin recognizing Sanji as a ''driving force'' for Luffy, putting Sanji's importance as a special highlight. That's why she was flattered by Sanji's trust in her.

This doesn't mean that each mugiwara doesn't have its due importance for Luffy to be PK, but it does mean that Zoro and Sanji are the pillars that balance the SH's, and this was explicit throughout the manga

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Wings is probably not even a power level dictation guys. Simple.

Why would Robin miscredit the other SHs that look weaker. They are also prominent to let Luffy achieve his dream.
It is does corelate with power too

IMO Robin is 10 times more important for Luffy than Zoro and Sanji combined yet she doesn't refers to herself as a wing nor did Oda refer to her as such

Meanwhile Sanji and Zoro are the ones that got it - Zoro doesn't have any real role instead of fighter and sanji is part chef part fighter - their power is necessary for Luffy to be PK

We've seen what Jimbei can do to Bm and with this Sanji is considered to be above Jimbei

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž

IMO Robin is 10 times more important for Luffy than Zoro and Sanji combined yet she doesn't refers to herself as a wing nor did Oda refer to her as such

Meanwhile Sanji and Zoro are the ones that got it - Zoro doesn't have any real role instead of fighter and sanji is part chef part fighter - their power is necessary for Luffy to be PK

We've seen what Jimbei can do to Bm and with this Sanji is considered to be above Jimbei
Robin isn't important to Luffy at all; Luffy can just ask Rayleigh where One Piece, he just chosen the hard way for plot reasons

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž
You've read 1000 chapters of OP and you can spew that bullshit?
But it's true, you don't need Robin just find one of the disband Roger Pirates and they can tell you where Laugh Tale is.
Hell, Rayleigh even offer to tell the SH but Luffy say no.
Maybe you read Two Piece if you didn't realise until now that Luffy got everything handed to him with a silver spoon and the biggest obstacle he has his own stupidity (seriously can you count how many times he almost died for stupid reasons?) 🧐🐠

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
But it's true, you don't need Robin just find one of the disband Roger Pirates and they can tell you where Laugh Tale is.
Hell, Rayleigh even offer to tell the SH but Luffy say no.
Maybe you read Two Piece if you didn't realise until now that Luffy got everything handed to him with a silver spoon and the biggest obstacle he has his own stupidity (seriously can you count how many times he almost died for stupid reasons?) 🧐🐠
You just dont understand Luffy or Rayleigh at all lmao

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž
Since you guys are reading and arguing based on this translation, you might want to know what the translator had to say about this at the end of the chapter, in the Chapter Notes :

Basically Robin is saying the exact same thing Oda did back in the SBS, and since she's refering to Sanji specifically, the translator called him "One of the Wings" to account for Zoro not being the focus of this particular piece of dialogue. Zoro is the other one.

Also, i honestly don't like the toxicity in the thread made to discuss this moment, with the very opening post starting with a premise that invites such toxicity by claiming that this is evidence for Sanji = Zoro in strength.

This does not prove that, let's be clear and honest with that.

Let's be clear with what it does prove as well though, and that's that Zoro and Sanji are exceptional within the crew and stand out above the rest

So no, it doesn't mean Sanji = Zoro. At least not when you narrow it down to just strength. Yes, it does mean that Zoro and Sanji > others.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž

I think she presumably considers everyone as major sustainers to Luffy's dream. I don't think she believes he would be capable to reach his dream with merely the monster trio in the crew to begin with.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
I think she presumably considers everyone as major sustainers to Luffy's dream. I don't think she believes he would be capable to reach his dream with merely the monster trio in the crew to begin with.
Everyone are important but not everyone are Sun or Earth, someone has to be Pluto too

You can replace Usopp, Nami and such, but main ones? Zoro? Sanji? Robin? Nope

Robin's comment aside (which I still say isn't what some people interpreted it as), since Oda already mentioned the wing stuff; how is it any different from calling Zoro and Sanji as Luffy's two hands.

The funny part is that this information has been out for, like, half a decade? More? But folks are suddenly acting like- on both sides- that it brought anything new :zorothink:

These two have been unanimously accepted as Luffy's right and left hand man respectively. Almost every Sanji downplayer would accept as much, at least. So I don't even see the point of any of these threads- specially considering Robin's statement is absolutely irrelevant to topic itself as the subject is an incredibly old news.

It's like trying to overreact about Zoro being his right hand because of Barto's statement despite such being implied thousand of times prior and has been confirmed in Vivre Cards.

Wings, hands, same stuff. Sanji will always be the second most significant crew-mate Luffy has, and Zoro will always be a step ahead narratively or in terms of power-scaling. They have a bunch of parallels as Luffy's main men, but Zoro has even additional ones- there's a reason why Oda didn't make them both share Luffy's pain at the same time amongst dozens of other narrative points that make Zoro stand-out as Pirate King's obvious right hand.

Saying Sanji is trash compared to Zoro is wrong- but we don't need to make threads on subjects from 5 years ago to fight that lol