General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Already made my thoughts clear on this in the spoiler thread for the chapter but I’ll re-iterate here:
‘両翼’ (Ryoyoku) is term which specifically refers to ‘two wings’ (i.e. the left wing & the right wing). Like Sandman said, using this term to refer to one person is very unnatural. Moreover, Oda has used this exact same term ‘両翼’ to refer to both Sanji & Zoro in an SBS.

For it to have nuance that some of you are alluding to i.e. ‘Sanji is the wings of the Pirate King’, a more appropriate term to use here in Japanese would be ‘翼’ (Tsubasa) which simply means wings.

The most immediate example that comes to mind in this case is the popular Red Bull ad ‘Red Bull gives you wings!’. The Japanese equivalent of this is ‘翼を授ける’ (Tsubasa wo sazukeru)

Like wise if there was someone of special importance in my life that gives me some sort of special significant boost & I wanted to use the metaphor of wings, then I’d use Tsubasa as opposed to ‘Ryoyoku’ and in the case that I have tons of folks that give me some sort of special significant boost and I wanted to use the metaphor of wings, I’d also use Tsubasa as Ryoyoku won’t really make sense here.

Already made my thoughts clear on this in the spoiler thread for the chapter but I’ll re-iterate here:
‘両翼’ (Ryoyoku) is term which specifically refers to ‘two wings’ (i.e. the left wing & the right wing). Like Sandman said, using this term to refer to one person is very unnatural. Moreover, Oda has used this exact same term ‘両翼’ to refer to both Sanji & Zoro in an SBS.

For it to have nuance that some of you are alluding to i.e. ‘Sanji is the wings of the Pirate King’, a more appropriate term to use here in Japanese would be ‘翼’ (Tsubasa) which simply means wings.

The most immediate example that comes to mind in this case is the popular Red Bull ad ‘Red Bull gives you wings!’. The Japanese equivalent of this is ‘翼を授ける’ (Tsubasa wo sazukeru)

Like wise if there was someone of special importance in my life that gives me some sort of special significant boost & I wanted to use the metaphor of wings, then I’d use Tsubasa as opposed to ‘Ryoyoku’ and in the case that I have tons of folks that give me some sort of special significant boost and I wanted to use the metaphor of wings, I’d also use Tsubasa as Ryoyoku won’t really make sense here.
Thank you. Sadly VIZ/Stephen like in SBS 73 will give no fucks

Sanji is just a cook dude relax, thats why Luffy said that, cuz he cooks good food thats all :arnoling::arnoling:

Cooking Queen's head for Chopper while the real Right Hand watches being carried by the cook

Making some candies with one of the strongest presences in the Live Floor who was killing Samurai with hundreds of candy arrows :eeke::eeke:

Cooking again and feeding 2 crewmembers Nami and Usopp + an ally, Tama, all at once. :kawak::kawak::kawak:

Making sure everyone is getting feed, including Chopper and Zoro, who is taking a nap because the cook is cooking for everyone :zosleepy:

He even remembers to cook for one of Luffy's crewmates Franky, wonder why this cook support Luffy's crewmates so much even towards one of the strongest dudes there
:jay-yeah::jay-yeah:

Whitebeard's first Commander and the Samurai praising his food and his Captain for hiring such a good cook :hohoho: :myman:

What is this cook even doing on these scenes, why people think he is so important lmao?? Sanjitards must read Two Pieces for sure :vistalaugh::jay-he:

The Captain and the Vice Captain asking the cook what he will cook, and saying they would do the same thing, i wonder why the Cook talks like he would act by himself despite the Captain orders, probably because the Cook loves cooking and is the best cook in world on doing it, he knows what he is doing
:smart::jay-yeah:

Here he kicks the "guy who hired him", thats just for eating all the food that was made for another crewmate :ronalaugh:

He is so good cooking that he delivers the food the guy who hired him ate before :christindeed::christindeed:

He orders Luffy's crewmates Usopp and Nami to leave so he can have a Food Fight against Enel, unfortunately he burns himself while cooking and mess up Enel's Ship
:pepecafe:

Without anyone asking he cames ask if the Right Hand SwordGod is hungry :quest::quest:

The Captain again is happy to see the only relevant crewmate Zoro, and the random cook who keeps getting there for some reason :pepeke::kobeha::kobeha:

Something the Cook start his Cooking coach for free to some of Luffy's crewmates and a Supernova :lawbepo:

The cook cooking again for the main antagonist in Punk Hazard

Cooking again for the main villain in Dressrosa, this time he got surprised cuz the enemy was a cook too, and he didn't knew it. The Vice-Captain should be there, he can fly easily, his crewmates would not get murdered.
:datas::doffytroll:

The food contest start and the opponent throws some Noodles in the cook :hohoho: :hohoho:

The Cook asks the rest to leave cuz they can mess up his concentration :steef:

The portrayal is obvious, while the Vice Captain fought Younko Monet who was fighting even with Younko Tashigi, Sanji fought noob Vergo who is much weaker, he clearly one shotted Younko Tashigi with 1 hand just by accident, Pirate King Pica is also incomparable and much more dangerous than Doflamingo, Vice-Captain Zoro even needed help to fly, and clearly this all happened under the same circumstances. Know your place Sanjitards
:zosmug: :sanjimeh:
Oda is so awesome that he makes the only important guy and second in Command aside from the Captain to trust on the Cook's cooking skills
:shocking:

Why is people forcing the cook being so important? Especially compared to the swordsman? lol Zoro is much stronger and useful than anyone else in the crew, he is a badass, he fights with 3 swords, he fought an Younko, almost one shotted him and left a scar.

Sanji has nothing to do with being "one of the wings of the Pirate King", if Zoro wanted to he would take the role as a Captain and Sanji would still being just a cook who could be replaced by Jinbei, Franky or even Usopp. Now with Yamato joining the chances are even higher, with all of that it's 100% confirmed that Yamato was created to replace Sanji, she is almost killing Kaido.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
The cook isn't even a Supernova, this already tells much, just look at supernova X-Drake fighting Queen's Subordinate and candidate for Tobiroppo Apoo, Killer fighting Jack's Subbordinate Hawkins, all of them are Supernova, and now supernova Vice-Captain Swordsman Zoro has a high chance to fight Kaido's strongest Commander.
:king:
The Cook stills cooking for Kaido's second strongest Commander for some reason, maybe thats because he is just a Cook? :kobeha:
:queenhear: :kaidowhat:
Sanjitards in the mud thinking he is relevant for the Pirate King somehow LMAO, he needs to learn how to fight with a sword on his mouth first, but he is relevant for cooking perhaps :myman: :myman: :myman:

All you have are GaGs with the swordsman competing with the cook about their cooking skills, even Zoro's Captain gives his speech about the cook, the cook is so lame that the Swordsman Vice-Captain thinks he can cook better
:suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure:

The cook always face the 3rd best enemy cook, and those cooks are always best friends with the stronger fighter. Before that the Vice-Captain swordsman fought against 2 of them, both using 100% of strength, and almost defeated them alone, he is much stronger, unfortunately the cook came and ruined everything.
:kriwhat::josad:

Don't compare Zoro or Sanji or put them in similar importance within the crew, much less powerscaling, it's obvious that Oda never did that, much less tried to
:cantseeme::shame:
Maybe when Sanji leaves his scar on Younko, learn to fly, get invisible, be a relevant Supernova character, get good on saving/supporting his friends/allies, get a higher bounty, wield non-power up Enma, stop Hakai for 1~2 seconds without breaking 30 bones, get Conqueror's Haki and start fighting (not cooking) atleast against a Commander with 1Billion bounty or more, then you can try to compare him a bit with Zoro
:cheers:
See? I told you, swordsman > hired cook
"Right and Left Wings"? "mONsTER tRIo" LMAAAO IM SCREAMIN, JUST KNOW YOUR PLACE SANJITARDS :saden:
Imagine making a post trying to disprove the delusions and toxicity towards Sanji, only to dump bunch of same stuff towards Zoro while doing it :suresure:

But that aside. It's a very minority that diminishes Sanji as cook or throws him out of M3, specially in Onigashima. At least seriously.

People react excessively due to the some Sanji fans' obsession of Sanji being equal to Zoro, which is clearly false notion narratively or power-wise. Though you can also say those notions are made (i hope) because of the excessive reactions of some Zoro fans.

So it just goes in circles.

Yo @Fenaker

All i have here is :

• Robin :
Sanji deserves to be called both wings of the PK

Ur sanji fan puck already said the same :

He is just assuming lmao , read what he wrote there
Looks like you used @PuckTheGreat to argue with me but he in fact 100% agrees with what i've been saying:kobeha: